Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies thumped by Cats. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

slangman wrote:
....and could Mr Peter Murphy please come forward.

Peter Murphy would make an excellent president.
lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:35 pm

slangman wrote:
That was embarrassing.
Unfortunately last week was the exception to what has been an underwhelming effort by the team.
This list and coaching panel need an overhaul because it’s shortcomings were laid bare for everyone to see tonight.
Stephenson is an absolute gun AFL player so the fact that he has fallen off the cliff with confidence and form is a blight in the coaching staff. He came in as a raw 18 yo and was an excitement machine until the coaches began to mould him into a spiritless and sad looking figure.
Imagine what Fagan would do with a player like Stevo!!!
There are a few holes in the team and coaching panel that I doubt the club has the balls to change.
Don’t be fooled by last weeks win. Yes it was an absolutely fantastic backs against the wall victory but we have been ordinary far more than not this year.
With the rumoured salary cap issues I really do wonder WTF is going on at the club. How can a club that hasn’t won a premiership and lost a PF last year in such a dire salary cap situation??

The post-mortem will no doubt be a typical Collingwood romanticising love feat that doesn’t address the glaring issues that are plaguing not just the team but the whole club.

Interesting off season coming up....and could Mr Peter Murphy please come forward.
On the money.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:35 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
At this point I'd be content to see some changes even just for changes sake. The last thing I want to see is this club go into 2021 with the same old coaching group and the same old playing group trying to grunt out 3 point wins by kicking 7 goals every week. If that happens again, in the words of Malcolm Blight, "I'll spew up!"

Terry Wallace bro!

Monco Matt wrote:
Harvey & Sando just have to be moved on now.

These two toadying yes-men need to be f^cked off by MONDAY.

But hey, let's just sack Hocking....

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:36 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
WE were never, ever, ever, ever, going to win the Flag from 8th position, the Dogs did it, but that will be the only time in history. You need the double chance, win, and have a weeks rest.

The Dogs of 2016 had spirit....that’s the difference.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Bit rich sinking the knives into the club after we had one of our most inspiring wins only a week earlier. We were flat tonight and Geelong got the jump over us. The game was over at quarter time. Listening to the post match comments from Jonathan Brown and he’s saying that as a Brisbane player, he found it the most challenging returning to Brisbane a week after a big win in Perth. People so quick to condemn. We should savior the great win we had last week and move onto to what we need to do to improve ourselves next year. Considering the upheaval of the year with Coronavirus and all the travel we had and the players who were injured and didn’t play, like Howe and Sidebottom being stuck in Melbourne, the year was a positive. Daicos came on. We introduced Ruscoe. Quaynor won a rising star award.

Nice to see someone can put a bit of perspective on this. Smile
We also got full seasons out of Darcy and Billy, which was a huge plus. Some new representatives in the AA team in Darcy and Taylor. Pendles broke those records to cement himself as one of the greatest Pies players. There were certainly some highs amongst the lows, which is generally the way of footy.

Now, I'll feel a helluva lot better if it's a Port v Lions GF.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

Mossi wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
Assuming that last week took a bigger toll than what we expected.

Sure they won’t admit that, but one has to wonder as the side was so flat and lacked run. Disposals was 356 to 200.

Someone that's on the ball!! We were flat as a tac! Ive been flat as a tac, no matter how hard you try your always short of where your trying to get to... always a split second late...... The whole team played like that! We just have to wear it!!Not getting in the top 4 has made a big difference.

But that is the point. To have been so flat as a tack, compared with all other finalists, is an indictment and reflects extreme deficiencies.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:37 pm

Medieval wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Medieval wrote:
Grundy needs a decent ruck coach. His tap is terrible. I’d rather he punch it out of the ruck.

Currently Grundy is a dud.
He might be injured.
But if he plays he gets judged on that performance.
And on that that performance tonight and the last few weeks.
He is pathetic... full stop.

I’ve been saying that since half way through the year.

Unless he is carrying an injury (I suspected a groin) he was bloody terrible. Something is up if he is not injured. His body posture and body language was bloody awful. Something isn’t right with him.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

Mossi wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
Assuming that last week took a bigger toll than what we expected.

Sure they won’t admit that, but one has to wonder as the side was so flat and lacked run. Disposals was 356 to 200.

Someone that's on the ball!! We were flat as a tac! Ive been flat as a tac, no matter how hard you try your always short of where your trying to get to... always a split second late...... The whole team played like that! We just have to wear it!!Not getting in the top 4 has made a big difference.

But that is the point. To have been so flat as a tack, compared with all other finalists, is an indictment and reflects extreme deficiencies.

Haff Capricorn

Personally, I think next years gonna be hard, Finish 10th ish and then say goodbye to a few champs and rebuild with a new coach and aim for 2024-25.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:40 pm

piedys wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
At this point I'd be content to see some changes even just for changes sake. The last thing I want to see is this club go into 2021 with the same old coaching group and the same old playing group trying to grunt out 3 point wins by kicking 7 goals every week. If that happens again, in the words of Malcolm Blight, "I'll spew up!"

Terry Wallace bro!

Monco Matt wrote:
Harvey & Sando just have to be moved on now.

These two toadying yes-men need to be f^cked off by MONDAY.

But hey, let's just sack Hocking....

Agree Piedsy. That is my impression of both as well. It is pretty clear that they are incapable of both inspiring our team and innovation.

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:40 pm

Lazza wrote:
Medieval wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Medieval wrote:
Grundy needs a decent ruck coach. His tap is terrible. I’d rather he punch it out of the ruck.

Currently Grundy is a dud.
He might be injured.
But if he plays he gets judged on that performance.
And on that that performance tonight and the last few weeks.
He is pathetic... full stop.

I’ve been saying that since half way through the year.

Unless he is carrying an injury (I suspected a groin) he was bloody terrible. Something is up if he is not injured. His body posture and body language was bloody awful. Something isn’t right with him.

God I hope it comes out there was an injury, if not I am going to despair over the next 7 years.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:41 pm

Haff wrote:
Personally, I think next years gonna be hard, Finish 10th ish and then say goodbye to a few champs and rebuild with a new coach and aim for 2024-25.

Sadly that looks more likely than not unless we pull off some major coups in the off season.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:42 pm

piedys wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

Terry Wallace bro!

Damn! You're right, was trying to match the man to the quote and buggered it. You sure MB didn't say that at some point?? Wink

MONCO: Your life.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:42 pm

Haff wrote:

Yeah, I'll say the wheels are about to fall off rather dramatically.
No finals in 2021 for this mob.

It's got that 2003-2004 or 2013-2014 vibe about it, where we slid into oblivion.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:43 pm

slangman wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
WE were never, ever, ever, ever, going to win the Flag from 8th position, the Dogs did it, but that will be the only time in history. You need the double chance, win, and have a weeks rest.

The Dogs of 2016 had spirit....that’s the difference.

The Dogs of 2016 got a big ride from the umps. Never forget that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 5 of 21   

Jump to: