Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jordan De Goey or Jeremey Cameron?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard a whisper that De Goey is furious at Buckley's post-game comments about his advisors wanting him to hold out for top money.

Is he serious? It's mid-October and he hasn't signalled he's signing on so Bucks didn't say anything we all don't know. If he is really pissed, then imo he is simply looking for a reason to be pissed off, so he can justify a mercenary switch to the scum or another club.

For the record, I've got no problem with players trying to get well paid, especially as footballers only have a limited life-span as professional sportsmen. However, this should be balanced against some team loyalty, especially where a club has stood by him when he has let himself and the club down on a few occasions. He still has more court appearances coming up too.

Honestly, he's my favourite player. He's a gun. He's a loveable rogue, capable of creating a spirit of comradeship amongst the team. However, if he is truly hanging out for top dollars, then I'd prefer to see him go elsewhere. When we drafted him, his first words to Bucks were "I won't let you down Bucks". Words are cheap.
slangman 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:40 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I've heard a whisper that De Goey is furious at Buckley's post-game comments about his advisors wanting him to hold out for top money.

Is he serious? It's mid-October and he hasn't signalled he's signing on so Bucks didn't say anything we all don't know. If he is really pissed, then imo he is simply looking for a reason to be pissed off, so he can justify a mercenary switch to the scum or another club.

For the record, I've got no problem with players trying to get well paid, especially as footballers only have a limited life-span as professional sportsmen. However, this should be balanced against some team loyalty, especially where a club has stood by him when he has let himself and the club down on a few occasions. He still has more court appearances coming up too.

Honestly, he's my favourite player. He's a gun. He's a loveable rogue, capable of creating a spirit of comradeship amongst the team. However, if he is truly hanging out for top dollars, then I'd prefer to see him go elsewhere. When we drafted him, his first words to Bucks were "I won't let you down Bucks". Words are cheap.

If anything he has done the opposite of what he promised Bucks.

Magpie_Matty Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:48 pm

He will resign and we will miss out on Cameron

We will end up with Gunston as we have nothing to offer North Melbourne for Ben Brown
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:02 pm

Magpie_Matty wrote:

We will end up with Gunston as we have nothing to offer North Melbourne for Ben Brown

And that is precisely what Ben Brown is worth right about now (in trade).
Magpie_Matty Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:09 pm

Boogie Knights wrote:
Magpie_Matty wrote:

And that is precisely what Ben Brown is worth right about now (in trade).

I disagree I think he would be great for us.

I wouldnt count this year when looking at his stats given the injury orona and north struggling the bloke is a genuine goal kicker
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:35 pm

Blues don't want DeGoey, so his price goes down.

Offer him $1.5 over three years.

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:36 pm

^^^ I agree with all you've said there.

Fact is, his club have lost all leverage in any trade discussions so his value at the trade table is virtually nil.

Also, I wouldn't be thrilled if we were pursuing him as while he is a proven goal kicker and has kicked more goals across the last 3 seasons than anyone, I wouldn't change our entire game plan just to fit him in.

He's a lead mark player, our delivery into F50 doesn't suit this type of player and our structure is built to kick to contest, bring ball to ground and lock it in.

Bringing in B.Brown would need to be accompanied by bringing in some players to kick to him (and that's a completely different discussion / thread).
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:51 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
What is it with us and players using their dads as managers to squeeze more money? I’m not comparing Roger to the fabulous David Cloke, but it’s déjà vu

Very similar

When the Clokes held us to ransom for a massive contract, it pretty much felt like a media circus the whole friggin year and from memory it affected the players. We had a less than admirable year that year.

The other part to that saga is that Travis was worth at least 2 x first round picks AND more. He had a massive year the year before and was rag dolling defenders for breakfast, and then came the negotiations. What a drag that was. I called it that we had to put him up for trade. At that time it felt a ludicrous decision to trade him but IF we were bold we would have benefited big time.

Instead we traded him a year or two later for pick 70 something .....

I would see if we could get 2 first rounders for JDG and if so DO THE DEAL!!

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:57 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
So, in terms of outcomes, a “ swap “ of DeGoey for Cameron would look something like -

Collingwood - Cameron ( as a free agent ) and Carltons round one and round two picks ( approx only )
Carlton - DeGoey
GWS - one less quality player to worry about but they do receive a good free agency compensation pick in return for Cameron departing.

Surely you would have to at least entertain that scenario.
We could easily further bolster our mid field stocks by trading on the Blues first rounder and still keep our original first round pick for McInnes.

Carlton need to trade for Zac Williams and Adam Saad. Not sure they will have their first 2 picks to offer.

That’s partly true. Remember, Williams is a restricted free agent, so it just means when the dust settles, G W S end up with a compensation pick rather than anything Carlton are required to cough up.
And if I was Carlton ( and this is only responding to the rumours ) I would certainly make DeGoey a priority long before Saad entered the conversation.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:43 pm

mattdally wrote:
Clearly Jeremy Cameron is a much better player than DeGoey as a forward.
Cameron as a midfield not so.

Depends on where we value DeGoey's position on the field more.
If up forward - then we should look to maximise his trade value.
If midfield, then we focus on his ability in the guts to assist Taylor and Treloar.

forward forward forward, please please please. i am so sick of praying every time we kick to the square, only for the devil to pop up his head instead of jesus christ

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:11 am

I want the pies to go hard for Cameron simply for the fact I don’t want Geelong getting him and being premiership contenders
K 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:52 am

Presti35 wrote:
Lets ask the Doggies; how do you feel after letting Stringer go to Essendon?

What did they get for him?

Ch. 7 commentators were openly talking about how fat Stringer was this year.
lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:58 am

Can Cameron kick a goal from a set shot within 50m? If yes, then let’s go after him.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:58 am
Post subject: Old el PasoReply with quote

Take the Old el Paso approach to the table...

old-el-paso-taco-girl.jpg

K 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:02 pm

lihei wrote:
Can Cameron kick a goal from a set shot within 50m? If yes, then let’s go after him.

He did in Q4 against us. Dunno if that's normal though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: