Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why can't we develop a Dynasty?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as Nathan Buckley is our coach and Eddie is President we won’t win another Premiership.

Love Buckley, but... he’s not up to it. He can’t attract a key forward for 3 years. To me that’s telling.

We used to laugh at Richmond...

I used to be in the Bucks-Eddie camp. Not any more. They destroyed that 2010 team. A travesty it didn’t win another Premiership.

Well done to Richmond for winning the Covid Cup.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:49 pm

Nor if we keep continuing to ignore quality young indigenous players.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:53 pm

We suffer with a contempt for our history, a contempt for fans, and a disgraceful lack of decent accountability. I hate what we have become and find it a sickening thought to even consider renewing memberships whilst one man in particular thinks he can stay around until it suits him and I am not talking about the Coach. Richmond are literally meters down the road and are the benchmark for the AFL success formula . I just think it is time we as fans protested with membership renewals until the power elites step down and stop thinking they own our Club like some ALP branch stacking joke.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:53 pm

We suffer with a contempt for our history, a contempt for fans, and a disgraceful lack of decent accountability. I hate what we have become and find it a sickening thought to even consider renewing memberships whilst one man in particular thinks he can stay around until it suits him and I am not talking about the Coach. Richmond are literally meters down the road and are the benchmark for the AFL success formula . I just think it is time we as fans protested with membership renewals until the power elites step down and stop thinking they own our Club like some ALP branch stacking joke.
Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:17 pm

This club should have learnt from the Tony Shaw debacle. From the James Hird debacle. From the Michael Voss debacle. From the Kevin Bartlett debacle.

NEVER EVER have a former great player of your club coach you.

Cause you can’t be objective. We are simply never going to win a Premiership under Buckley.

He should have stepped back after 2010 and told Mick to ride out the current squad. What happened to him derailed our certain Premiership in 2011.

Disgraceful to be where we are given the team we had in 2010. Just disgraceful.

Well done to the joke of a club in the 1990s and 2000s. Richmond.

Three Premierships in last 4 years while Collingwood has 2 since 1958. If that doesn’t wake up the membership, nothing will. El Presidente will continue in his position. I bet you Buckley’s contract will be renewed next year. Eddie doesn’t have it in him to replace him.

Had Buckley not been Buckley He would never have lasted 10 years at the Pies without a Premiership.

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:29 pm

2018 was our premiership until an umpire decided to take it away
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:35 pm

If curses work that mongrel umpire is in trouble. I have detested cheats, he was one of the worst I have ever seen. I have cursed him ever since😤😡
Magpies035 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:11 am

We have not learnt from our past history and don’t seem to have the steps in this lace to create a successful winning culture let alone e a dynasty.

How far back do you want to go

History seems to repeat for Collingwood. Yes we make finals and yes we make Grand finals but we don’t win them. We can’t seem that find the last piece of the puzzle to get the wins where they count.

Let’s not go too far back. From 2010 where we even won the hard way after a drawn Gf. Yes we had a great side but in the end only 1 grand final win and no dynasty.

We don’t seem to have a winning culture or a winning brand.
It’s time for change
Eddie has been great for the club but 20 years is enough it’s time for new leadership. Same goes for Nathan Buckley it’s time. We have given him all the tools required for success (and yes we almost won it in 2018) but in the end close is not good enough.

Too many Collingwood people are happy with an ok season or we will be right attitude. It’s just not a winning culture.

Richmond just ooze success. The last 4 years have been outstanding

Our 2010 successful plan failed
We had Neil Balme and got rid of him
Poor recruiting
Constant injuries
Constant bad player behaviour
Lack of forward thinking or long term success

Call it whichever way you want
We are a long way from a dynasty

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:28 am

I agree. We’ve been too nice for too long. We’re the least reported club in the league cos we ain’t get and no mongrels playing for us (we like to draft and play ‘nice blokes’), we put B and C grade players on a pedestal too quickly and too often that they reach a level of financial and hero worship contentment that the ultimate (premiership) is no longer the be all end all. As much as I like Treloar, I like what we’re doing. This is what ruthless clubs do. Move the pieces to create a TEAM that can work best to deliver a flag. We hang on to the likes of Broomhead cos we feel we owe them something. No, Collingwood, you owe US members something: premierships! PLURAL! Trade, cut, draft ... whatever it takes to be ruthless and develop cold blooded WINNERS. Enough with the QB garbage. I know when we scratch the AFL’s back they scratch ours (MCG games), but really, where has that gotten us? 1 flag in 30 years??? Big deal. Time to put the C back in Collingwood. There. That’s the new motto for 2021. You’re welcome. Free marketing, Eddie.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:23 am

Its sliding doors, who knows how the GF of 2018 would have gone, if Maynard had been paid a free kick at the end , as EVERY commentator says he should have been, the game then takes a whole new turn who knows ? Bucks would have got a richly deserved flag but it was not too be . Its hard to get a dynasty team like the Tigers , you need one helll of a lot of luck especially ion the injury front, Richmond always get players back for the Finals, always, Lets start learning from them.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:01 am

We simply coach our players to be ordinary
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:37 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Its sliding doors, who knows how the GF of 2018 would have gone, if Maynard had been paid a free kick at the end , as EVERY commentator says he should have been, the game then takes a whole new turn who knows ? Bucks would have got a richly deserved flag but it was not too be . Its hard to get a dynasty team like the Tigers , you need one helll of a lot of luck especially ion the injury front, Richmond always get players back for the Finals, always, Lets start learning from them.

It has nothing to do with that free kick.

Let's compare. Richmond get in front last night and what do they do. Do they go conservative and try to save the game....NO?

When Menegola goals to bring the Cats back within 16 points with 7 minutes to go, what would Collingwood have done. We would have done conservative, tried to save the game and likely lose the game. Richmond didn't take their foot off the throat. They attacked and kicked the final two goals.

That's the difference and why we wont build a dynasty.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:55 am

We can bag the admin and the coach, but it basically comes down to who you draft. Talent wins you premierships and talent comes 9 times out of 10 to a top 5 draft pick in the national draft. Every premiership in the last 20 years has come from top 5 draft talent. Ours in 2010 came from bottoming out in 2005 and gaining Dale Thomas and Scott Pendlebury. At least we weren’t as stupid as Melbourne who had the top 2 draft picks in the national draft and didn’t draft Dusty Martin. The other part of the equation in winning premierships is your spread of players. Your top talent makes the play but it’s your bottom 5 players who are just as important for team cohesion. Last night Geelong’s top talent weren’t as good as Richmond’s top talent, but just as equally Geelong’s bottom 5 talent weren’t up to it. Guys like Rowan and Stanley don’t have football brains and get caught out making bad choices. Richmond has a beautiful spread of players. All contribute.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:10 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
I agree. We’ve been too nice for too long. We’re the least reported club in the league cos we ain’t get and no mongrels playing for us (we like to draft and play ‘nice blokes’), we put B and C grade players on a pedestal too quickly and too often that they reach a level of financial and hero worship contentment that the ultimate (premiership) is no longer the be all end all. As much as I like Treloar, I like what we’re doing. This is what ruthless clubs do. Move the pieces to create a TEAM that can work best to deliver a flag. We hang on to the likes of Broomhead cos we feel we owe them something. No, Collingwood, you owe US members something: premierships! PLURAL! Trade, cut, draft ... whatever it takes to be ruthless and develop cold blooded WINNERS. Enough with the QB garbage. I know when we scratch the AFL’s back they scratch ours (MCG games), but really, where has that gotten us? 1 flag in 30 years??? Big deal. Time to put the C back in Collingwood. There. That’s the new motto for 2021. You’re welcome. Free marketing, Eddie.

Before a few of us fans bag the club we need to look into the mirror. We had a whole thread devoted to wanting to recruit 30yo Neville Jetta on the basis that he’s a nice bloke, an ideal indigenous replacement for Travis Varcoe and we could offer a coaching package to him. If the club followed the advice of the fans, we’d never get off the bottom of the ladder.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:33 am

Great post Magpietothemax. Dynasties require sacrifice, authentic leadership and is no place for individuals. McGuire has been president for 23 years now. He has attached himself to the current coach and both accept criticism as personal attacks on the club. They are basically driven by ego . That rubs off. How can MCGuire not be talking a succession plan if he truly cares about the future of the club? Our recruiting has been highlighted with not always the wrong players, but pure financial mismanagement, the Treloar situation withstanding. Good ordinary players payed too much, (is it ego in just getting that player to choose your club over another?)
When this happens the whole list build plan is fractured as trades are governed by trying to improve the money situation, not the list.
Significantly, we have not grasped the modern day equalisation system and prepared for drafts. Too many seasons where we were clearly not good enough, we have made finals when never going to win the flag, hurting our draft situation. Lastly, we listen to outside noise and McGuires media presence has him constantly defending the club and the coach. It’s another distraction. Great clubs don’t care what anyone Outside thinks of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: