Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What don’t we know & what’s been alleged

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:25 pm
Post subject: What don’t we know & what’s been allegedReply with quote

Using Treloar as an example we are getting media allegations plus unconfirmed club handling

There are I suspect many parts to the 2021 jigsaw

WHE and Tom Phillips future

Mason Cox yes or no for 2021

Will Langdon be unfit to continue

And one discussed over coffee today. What is Stephenson,s future—OK maybe nothing but yet who knows

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The old:".. we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know" as the other Donald once said. Know what I mean?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:46 pm

WTH yes I guess it’s just another “What we have here is a lack of communication “

Never a lot of transparency Oct to Round one

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:47 pm

We don't know. But we know that fire is often associated with smoke.

We heard lots of things at Beams.....all speculation at one stage....and it seems that as time going on, a lot of what we heard appears to be true.

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:48 pm

BazBoy wrote:
WTH yes I guess it’s just another “What we have here is a lack of communication “

I thought this post deserves the full line, which is equally applicable to the clusterf&ck this post season is turning into:

"What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it.

Well, he gets it.

And I don't like it any more than you men."
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:08 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
BazBoy wrote:

I thought this post deserves the full line, which is equally applicable to the clusterf&ck this post season is turning into:

Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it.

Well, he gets it.

Do you think business people when they’re planning takeovers, mergers, new products etc hold press conferences to announce their intentions? Of course they don’t.

It might come as a surprise to you and others on this bb that CFC owe us nothing with respect to commercial in confidence, Club strategies or personal details about staff and players.

I’d suggest if you want this info from the footy club you support it might be time to find another club.

If you find a club that does divulge this info, I’d love to hear who they are.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:38 pm

Listening to Ed on MMM this morning he seemed pissed at how some people were reporting the Treloar stuff and just said said we were in discussions and hoping to come to a mutually beneficial outcome.

I personally put little stock in what Rendell says, just seems like a bitter ex employee

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:47 pm

dalyc wrote:
BazBoy wrote:

Well, he gets it.

Do you think business people when they’re planning takeovers, mergers, new products etc hold press conferences to announce their intentions? Of course they don’t.

It might come as a surprise to you and others on this bb that CFC owe us nothing with respect to commercial in confidence, Club strategies or personal details about staff and players.

I’d suggest if you want this info from the footy club you support it might be time to find another club.

Correct

But what this does tell us is that there are loose lips on one or both sides.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:49 pm

dalyc wrote:
BazBoy wrote:

Well, he gets it.

There have been media reports of what occurred at Treloar's end of season review at the club. The interesting question is how what occurred there got out? Treloar doesn't want to go so it probably wasn't him. So who was it, and why?
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:08 pm

Theres no doubt that we have an unfavourable situation on our hands with Treloar. And that probably could have been avoided. But I also believe that every media outlet is ready to over criticise and stick the boots in, with many of those reporting made-up or exaggerated inside knowledge.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:32 pm

Ever since Adam and Eve, the media have made up stuff. This will never stop because the egotistical need to see their own byline will always overpower the need to be accurate🙄
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Listening to Ed on MMM this morning he seemed pissed at how some people were reporting the Treloar stuff and just said said we were in discussions and hoping to come to a mutually beneficial outcome.

I personally put little stock in what Rendell says, just seems like a bitter ex employee

Thanks for that: It’s probably the frustrating part where there is a communication vacuum that is being filled by this noise.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:56 pm

^

Now that games are over the football media goes into a frenzy of guesswork. Every peanut is posting speculation as clickbait and clubs are in STFU mode until there's something to say.

Just treat football media at this time of year like reading the Guardian, totally unreliable. Wink Razz

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:30 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Now that games are over the football media goes into a frenzy of guesswork. Every peanut is posting speculation as clickbait and clubs are in STFU mode until there's something to say.

Just treat football media at this time of year like reading the Guardian, totally unreliable. Wink Razz

What newspaper do you read?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:47 pm

dalyc wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

What newspaper do you read?

I don't read a paper, I get news online from multiple sources. Main ones are:

Herald Sun
CNN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: