Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Collingwood Rant is now up!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Redlight wrote:

Christine Holgate, chief watch giver at Australia Post. Let’s see what the Prime Minister makes of her…

“so appalled and shocked was I by that behaviour, as any shareholder would in a company raise their outrage if they had seen that conduct, by a chief executive, the management or the board”
Scott Morrison, Australian Prime Minister

This was just run of the mill BS until we hit this comedy gold. Quoting that pinnacle of integrity and outstanding morality in government, Fauxmo, to support your argument is simply hilarious. Laughing Laughing

Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:10 am

watt price tully wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:
I keep saying it....Eddie was always just about EDDIE!

Eddie and I have had our differences, but that is a manifestly untrue statement.

It is manifestly untrue no matter what one thinks of Eddie. He did a lot of good for the club, a lot of good for others but stayed way too long. He is not a racist but said some dumb and racist things. I still think he was unfairly treated in the end and didn’t deserve the treatment meted to him.

I've always thought that taxi drivers should have some extra demerit points available to them due to the huge number of hours on the road and therefore the much greater chance of infringing, Eddie needed the same extra leeway as he spent so many hours speaking directly to the public and therefore so many opportunities to offend,
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:22 am

Interesting point – I wonder if we could apply the same principle to people who have posted questionable things on social media. It's all about the Good Tweet:Bad Tweet ratio! Mr. Green
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:49 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:
I keep saying it....Eddie was always just about EDDIE!

Eddie and I have had our differences, but that is a manifestly untrue statement.

From 2011 onwards I agree with Fatui Attata. Eddie didn't think before he spoke. He made it all about him. He was a complete liability to the club. Along with the foolish coaching hand over.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:35 pm

Joffa is one, if not the greatest personalities our Club has ever seen. His loss is a tragedy. I can only hope and pray he returns like the Messiah he is. He is a gifted natural leader and Collingwood is poorer without him. This rubbish about a Twit that he was apparently meant to have posted is a total beat up. Joffa is the most caring, compassionate, tolerant, and inclusive person Collingwood has ever seen. Anyone who suggests otherwise is ignorant and unworthy. I standby Joffa and will always support him. Collingwood needs Joffa ! It’s time the Board reached out to get him back to lead the Cheersquad on his terms and look after him financially. He is worth a lot more than some of these overpaid players.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:44 pm

Redlight wrote:
I'll ignore your condescending tone and keep it simple.

The board members that remain after the departure of Ed are the same networking resume fillers as you'll find on many boards.

It's not as if we haven't seen their recent form. The cowardly way they've dealt with controversial events, Eddie McGuire and Joffa are perfect examples, illustrates the character of the group. Their actions, or lack thereof, speak volumes.

Whenever the pressure is on they exhibit the same spineless PR driven non-responses you'd expect from any mid-level management at a large company.

Remember Korda and Murphy's stirring response to the recent problems? Their defence of the club and the call to rally around, their assurances to the many Collingwood supporters that the club was in good hands and not to lose faith?

No. Neither do I.

These people have little or no 'Collingwood' in them. They have no sympathy with, nor understanding of, the typical Collingwood supporter and the themes that are woven through the clubs history and that make it what it is (or was).

Ed was a rare event. A true Collingwood supporter with a working class background, links to the top end of town and a love for the terraces. Someone who knew what it was to stand on empty beer cans at Vic Park so they could see and suffer the heartbreak and the triumphs over a cold pie.

What we're left with are a bunch of self-promoting corporate stooges who'll tut a bad loss and clink Chardonnay glasses to celebrate a win while they build their networks. They won't be beetroot red in the stands or shedding a tear of joy or pain. When it all goes pear shaped they'll just move on without a second thought.

Ed was the soul of that board. He's gone, knife in back, and taken the last true link to the Collingwood of old with him.

I predict that we have a dire few years ahead of us with these goons in charge (I'm tipping they'll find one of their own is just exactly the right person to be the next President, surprise, surprise) and, sadly, I fear we're headed more on the trajectory followed by Carlton than we are that of Richmond.

I understand your sentiments, and was appalled with the way Eddie was hounded out of the presidency at the end. I wish he was able to see out the year as originally planned.

However, I don't believe the future of the club is bleak because of his recent departure. A lot will depend on who the next President is and what vision they sell to the members and supporters.

There were too many missteps with Eddie in the second half of his presidency (after the coaching handover) and I felt he was losing his way. Like anyone in a significant position of power, their use by date expires and it was clear Eddie had overstayed his welcome for several years. He was a tired and worn out figure by the end, and not the bold and fresh visionary we became accustomed to in the 2000s.

In the first half of his tenure, he did almost everything right in that time which culminated in the 2010 premiership. The premiership will always be a part of his legacy, which is something even his harshest critics will have to acknowledge.

Had Ed decided to step aside around 2010/11, his legacy would have been cemented forever as he had already done so much for the club up until then.

I'm saddened it didn't end in better circumstances. After investing so much of himself to the club, a dignified exit was the least he deserved.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:46 pm

Hiss wrote:
Joffa is one, if not the greatest personalities our Club has ever seen. His loss is a tragedy. I can only hope and pray he returns like the Messiah he is. He is a gifted natural leader and Collingwood is poorer without him. This rubbish about a Twit that he was apparently meant to have posted is a total beat up. Joffa is the most caring, compassionate, tolerant, and inclusive person Collingwood has ever seen. Anyone who suggests otherwise is ignorant and unworthy. I standby Joffa and will always support him. Collingwood needs Joffa ! It’s time the Board reached out to get him back to lead the Cheersquad on his terms and look after him financially. He is worth a lot more than some of these overpaid players.

I’ve noticed the club is fine with calling out Joffa but has never said a bad word about Hiss. Makes you wonder... Wink

Redlight 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:43 pm

Gerry Cooper wrote:
This was just run of the mill BS until we hit this comedy gold. Quoting that pinnacle of integrity and outstanding morality in government, Fauxmo, to support your argument is simply hilarious. Laughing Laughing

I can't stand Morrison, he's shifty, likely corrupt and insufferably smug.

Our current board are cut from the same cloth.

If you dislike Scotmo, odds are that you're already suspect of the people on he board. On the other hand, if you like them then Morrison's opinion might matter to you.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:52 pm

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
Redlight, Peggy O'Neal is a Lawyer who did not support Richmond until about 25 years ago. I can only imagine what generalisation you would use about her if she was on the board at Collingwood....

Richmond have Gale, he's the soul of that Admin. We no longer have anyone close.
Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:19 am

David wrote:
Hiss wrote:

I’ve noticed the club is fine with calling out Joffa but has never said a bad word about Hiss. Makes you wonder... Wink

Has anyone ever seen Joffa and Hiss in the same room? Makes you wonder.....
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:52 pm

Jezza wrote:
I ... was appalled with the way Eddie was hounded out of the presidency at the end. I wish he was able to see out the year as originally planned....

It's suggested Murphy, Korda, and Licuria moved against him at board level.

Licca is the interesting name there.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:40 pm

K wrote:
Jezza wrote:
I ... was appalled with the way Eddie was hounded out of the presidency at the end. I wish he was able to see out the year as originally planned....

Murphy and Korda was almost expected, but Licuria's name popping up surprises me.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:42 pm

Jezza wrote:
K wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Murphy and Korda was almost expected, but Licuria's name popping up surprises me.

I don't think Licca has personal ambitions here, but I think he's aligned with the Murphy camp.

Holgate, who is working with the external company in the pres search, is reported not to be aligned with either Murphy or Korda.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:00 pm

Redlight wrote:

Unfortunately CFC now seems to be the kind of family that would kick a kid out on the street if they didn't make their bed.

Arden Street, no less
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:00 pm
Post subject: The Round 1 Episode of 2021 The Collingwood Rant is now up!Reply with quote

After a tumultuous off-season, Collingwood is back.

With a vengeance.

Well, sorta.

How would Collingwood crash into 2021?

Join Sly and Spook, as they examine Collingwood's round 1 defeat at the paws of the Western Bulldogs, a look at how the departed players fared, and a preview of the upcoming battle against the old enemy, Carlton.

And let's not forget the AFLW!

All on The Rant!

Check out the episode on YouTube.

Listen to our Podcast.

Like our Facebook page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 18 of 27   

Jump to: