Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Operation Draft a FWD

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:26 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Could we bundle picks 14&16 to Suns for pick 5
Then pick 5 and future 1st rounder to North for pick 2
Then trade future 2nd round (Treloar pick from Dogs) for a second round pick this year to Suns or someone not wanting to be overly active this year to ensure enough points for Reef
We would still have 2nd round pick 2021 plus other picks for points for next Daicos
We could get up to pick 3 in this years draft then still nab Reef and Diacos in 2021

I think that is the sort of thing we'll be trying to do. Clearly the return of picks for Treloar to the Bulldogs seemed overly generous. It set them up for JUH. Similarly, the trades for Jaidyn and Atu seemed generous on balance.

There must be more to it than we currently see.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:53 am

Albert Parker wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Then trade future 2nd round (Treloar pick from Dogs) for a second round pick this year to Suns or someone not wanting to be overly active this year to ensure enough points for Reef
We would still have 2nd round pick 2021 plus other picks for points for next Daicos
We could get up to pick 3 in this years draft then still nab Reef and Diacos in 2021

I think that is the sort of thing we'll be trying to do. Clearly the return of picks for Treloar to the Bulldogs seemed overly generous. It set them up for JUH. Similarly, the trades for Jaidyn and Atu seemed generous on balance.

There must be more to it than we currently see.

Yep my guess is get the best pick and fwd we can in this draft. Have enough points for Daicos. Then we have coin to sign JDG and we must be balls deep into a free agent, I would think a gun mid. If we can pull all this off then 2022 looks pretty bright assuming a lack of injuries, Pendles is still around and Moore/Grundy/JDG’s outputs are equal to their contracts! Treloar and Jaidyn certainly were not!!

The General Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:24 am

Pies2016 wrote:
The key to entire 2020 draft strategy will be knowing ( or not ) exactly when McInnes name will be called out in the pecking order.
It’s not asking much but there are no guarantees.

I think Essendon will call out his name with of their picks that they currently have at 6, 7 or 8. The other teams with picks in the top 10 either have interests elsewhere, or just did deals with us which probably included a don't nominate Reef agreement (given they got the better of the trades).

With Essendon's history, I am sure they will nominate him.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:31 am

First I hope the release of players to gain extra pick in first 20 and the increase of $$ is worth JDG pay —he is gr8 but must produce more consistent
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:31 am

Rick wrote:
Is there a 22/23 year old power forward out there who could come in and make an impact?

Maybe, maybe not. Huge risk as usual either way but we have been pushed into a corner where we need act with hopeful optimism rather than certainty.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:38 am

First I hope the release of players to gain extra pick in first 20 and the increase of $$ is worth JDG pay —he is gr8 but must produce more consistent
mattdally 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:26 pm

remember we can go into deficit with points to pick up Reef if we need to.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:56 pm

mattdally wrote:
remember we can go into deficit with points to pick up Reef if we need to.

True but there’s a cap on it. I can’t find that info but I think it’s something around 300 points ( ?? )
I know the Giants and Freo come into this draft with similar deficits of 260 odd points each.
If we work on him being called at around 15 ( we have to start somewhere and there is no evidence to suggest he will be top 10 ) Twomey has him at #19 after the Combine results.

That’s 1112 points - 20 % = 890 points. Even a carry over of 260 points becomes a significant contribution to the total. 890 points - 260 carry over = 630 points.

So by example, called at pick 15, a combination scenario of pick 40 and 56 ( ON THE NIGHT after N G A blowouts have been factored in ) could make him a Pies player.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:42 pm

Im hoping we value pick 14 and 16 greatly and our future first rounder.

Most will disagree with me but if any clubs put us to the sword on draft night and say "Nah you cant have our pick 2 unless you give us 14, 16 and future first rounder " to me thats a big loss. Pick 2 PLUS second rounder is worth our pick 14 plus future first rounder.

If not fu@% pick 2 !!

I would take the risk on those picks and we could have two quality players plus Reef ( if he doesnt get nominated before 14 or 16 ) and if he does then so be it. Then we can sort out future first round next year and turn that into something beneficial in getting Daicos plus extra pick.

But yeah no one should hold us over the barrell anymore bc our salary dump problems are OVER!!.

This friggin upcoming draft better be handled properly by Ned Numpty (if he is still around)

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:58 pm

^^ Sorry I am flawed in what I said as I thought we had enough points after pick 16 to get Reef. Thats where maybe trading for future first round might be needed.

One question I do need to ask is if there is any difference between in acquiring Academy players and Father son picks. More specifically , do you need points for Father son picks OR can you acquire a Nick Daicos with a fourth rounder if that is your first pick in the whole draft.?

I thought that if someone nominates your father son pick that you had to use your next available pick rather than trying to accumulate points....hope that is clear as mud..

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:50 pm

You get 25% discount on Academy players and only 15% discount on father son.
So to answer my question Yes you do need points to acquire father son players.
Therefore Nick will still cost us heaps of points, but never the less its still something.

This formula was in use in 2015, Im guessing still used now

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:03 pm

magpieazza wrote:
You get 25% discount on Academy players and only 15% discount on father son.
So to answer my question Yes you do need points to acquire father son players.
Therefore Nick will still cost us heaps of points, but never the less its still something.

This formula was in use in 2015, Im guessing still used now

Ok, Let’s keep it simple for sake of the exercise and confine the scenario to the first round only.
In the first round for both father / son and N G A selections ( very likely both McInnes and Daicos ) are both at 20% points discount.
Disclaimer - that’s right now. The Daicos situation could change in 12 months.
These rules have had more changes than the weather in recent times.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:32 pm

My thoughts are more outside the Academy and Father/Son this and next year

I’m more thoughtful of our two inside the 20 picks (14-16) and what that reaps in terms of our needs

Will Kelly we are surmising will become a tall forward and the presence of Cox will be gone in a few years so another young tall with we would hope potential
200 gamer

The mechanics involved with 14-16 I know from nothing—just hope Team Recruitment gets the best

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:43 am

If we're able to trade up and give ourselves a shot at Logan McDonald, that would be a great result.

If we cannot get McDonald (He'll be gone by pick 3), and we can still manage a top ten pick and get someone like Will Phillips, that would also be a great outcome.

If we can hold onto one of our teen picks, there's a guy by the name of Nik Cox. He is a 200cm Key Forward and Defender. He is projected to go around pick 15. He'd be one to target I think.

Getting both McDonald and Cox would be massive. Getting Phillips and Cox would be fkn great too.

So I'm hoping we can trade a future first and one of 14/16 to get into the top 10 and as close to top 5 as possible. That gives us a shot at Phillips and Cox. Getting pick 2 or 3 gives us a chance at getting McDonald, but dont know if those teams will trade it.

Imagine having two big Cox at once.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:57 am

RudeBoy wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Based on last week's effort, we're more likely to trade picks 14 and 16 for next year's pick 20. Not happy Jan.

I disagree.

It's more likely picks 14 and 16 will be swapped for pick 5, then we will use that to draft a short, thin, mentally frail midfielder with poor disposal skills under pressure. We won't find out about the poor disposal skills for a couple of seasons though because of the knee reconstructions, the first of which is caused by stepping in a hole while being chased by police after an alleged drunken sexual assault.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: