Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Members Forum

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:31 pm
Post subject: The Members ForumReply with quote

Am I wrong with my information that the upcoming Members Forum will be held on Zoom or some other virtual teleconference platform? If so, this is a joke. These video remote forums do not allow adequate interaction and are basically binary: meaning one person speaks and the host replies. The hosts have absolute control. I suggest the Club cancel this silly idea and wait until the AGM in February. You cannot substitute a live audience and the energy that comes with two way live interaction. How can fans boo on a teleconference? The Club does not need to waste time or effort with this tokenism. The membership does not run the Football Department and the staff are not answerable to members. The Board is. The idea that we have the AGM in February is a bloody stupid insult. It should be December and with free drinks like the good old days. Members have rights!
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:38 pm
Post subject: Re: The Members ForumReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Am I wrong with my information that the upcoming Members Forum will be held on Zoom or some other virtual teleconference platform? If so, this is a joke. These video remote forums do not allow adequate interaction and are basically binary: meaning one person speaks and the host replies. The hosts have absolute control. I suggest the Club cancel this silly idea and wait until the AGM in February. You cannot substitute a live audience and the energy that comes with two way live interaction. How can fans boo on a teleconference? The Club does not need to waste time or effort with this tokenism. The membership does not run the Football Department and the staff are not answerable to members. The Board is. The idea that we have the AGM in February is a bloody stupid insult. It should be December and with free drinks like the good old days. Members have rights!

Every year, same same, ho hum

robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

As Hiss suggested, farcical to say the least. It means that any submitted challenging question can be extracted and discarded. There is little accountability between parties not gathered and interacting in the same space. (There are no restrictions that prevent this happening.) Just an appeasing gesture to try and 'smooth over many issues' of concern shared by frustrated members. My thoughts.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:54 am

So we can get the free drinks still, the club could send each member 2 375ml plastic cops, a gift voucher for 2 cans of Calton Midstrength and written instruction on how to water it down to correct MCG tap strength, ie sex on the beach.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:43 am

I am not that concerned about the Zoom aspect but I am not really on board with the idea that they will be screening the questions well in advance (so they can prepare the spin).
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:07 pm

Farcical is how important you seem to think it is.
Did you go to Dan’s press conferences & question him on why people were losing their jobs,losing their homes & committing suicide ?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:27 pm

We're living in a COVID world so it's hardly surprising that this year's member's forum is a remote meeting. There is no alternative to it being virtual. I was actually expecting it to be cancelled so the real surprise is that it's being held at all.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:30 pm

Bucks5 wrote:
I am not that concerned about the Zoom aspect but I am not really on board with the idea that they will be screening the questions well in advance (so they can prepare the spin).

I asked a direct question about Adam Treloar's back ended contract. There is no way of spinning an answer to that question (if they choose to answer it).
Wonka 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:38 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
There is no way of spinning an answer to that question (if they choose to answer it).

So we can predict that they will choose not to answer it.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:59 pm

scoobydoo wrote:

Did you go to Dan’s press conferences & question him on why people were losing their jobs,losing their homes & committing suicide ?

Dan might have replied "in order to save 25,000 people from dying from the pandemic".
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:59 pm

scoobydoo wrote:

Dan might have replied "in order to save 25,000 people from dying from the pandemic".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: