Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ed & Bucks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
^^^^^^

And that is the sad silly bit. Why should any coach carry on with the sword of democales hanging over his head? Walking on eggshells doesn't really inspire a coach to take risks with the game plan tactics, thus becoming a defensive coach.

I don’t know, MM went for it after he was told he only had 2 yrs to go. Who knows if we win 2010 without that arrangement.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:52 pm

Talking today and something interesting was discussed—-NB is about to rebuild another of his own teams
After inheritance of a premiership side playing in concurrent GF he dismantled it in part then built a new one to reach 2018/9 & 20 finals

Now he begins to again build his own team—needs to get it right this time

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:02 pm

It’s clear the club is looking to go in a different direction and now realised they blew their chances in 2018-2019 with the current list. They hope it’s a mini re build but it’s still a 2-3 year process before the window re opens.

It’s actually a good time to get the broom out. Not just Ed, Bucks but Walsh can be added to that list. I suspect Guy will be the fall guy from this saga.

But can’t see anything changing while Ed is around. He can talk about his pivot shit but unless decent change is made the only history we are going to create is Bucks becoming the most long standing coach at a club without a premiership.

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:07 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Talking today and something interesting was discussed—-NB is about to rebuild another of his own teams
After inheritance of a premiership side playing in concurrent GF he dismantled it in part then built a new one to reach 2018/9 & 20 finals

Now he begins to again build his own team—needs to get it right this time

That’s the problem when you lose a granny or two.
Losing teams take a while to get back there if ever.
Since 2000 only 5 teams that have lost a granny have gone on to win one later on, so 15 other teams thought they were close & in the window but never made it back there.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:29 pm

derkd wrote:
What astounds me...for such a "big" club, you would think we would have dozens of great business minds who have fantastic experience and connections and thinking..."gee I need a new challenge in life and I love the pies" "why can't I create a ticket and run for president"

What do we have instead???....one guy who has been in the same job since before some on the list were even born..and....tumble weeds...

Indeed. We're poison, apparently. I've been a big supporter of Ed over the years, but everyone's time comes, and that time is now. Do the right thing by the club, Ed, and hang up the boots.

Medieval 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:34 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
If we have a similar season next year, Bucks is gone. Especially if we don’t make finals.

I’d love that special PM if you have time Miyagi. PMs aren’t working.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:47 pm
Post subject: Re: Ed & BucksReply with quote

scoobydoo wrote:
How you all going with getting rid of them? Any closer?

Throw out the bait and they might bite.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:39 am

Wouldn’t the best thing for Eddie & Collingwood FC be not to have to challenge him to get out? Ed loves Collingwood and I like him as I think most people do. The problem that is mounting though is that he appears to be staying because he can, knowing he likely won’t be challenged. He should be looking for a successor, to create a smooth passage for himself and the club. Otherwise, whenever it ends, it will be ugly.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:37 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Simple, Bucks, a Contract, expires next season, see what happens.

Eddie, ive said it before, and i say it again, UNTIL someone has the guts, and fortitude to CHALLENGE him for the Presidency, he can just go on and on, until he finally finishes on his own terms. .

I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually resigns to take up the position of CEO of the AFL. Wink He seems to spend more time in meetings with Gil than he does with governing the club competently.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:39 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Wouldn’t the best thing for Eddie & Collingwood FC be not to have to challenge him to get out? Ed loves Collingwood and I like him as I think most people do. The problem that is mounting though is that he appears to be staying because he can, knowing he likely won’t be challenged. He should be looking for a successor, to create a smooth passage for himself and the club. Otherwise, whenever it ends, it will be ugly.

Fully agree.
Big T 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:22 pm

I would organise a tank season, agree bucks is safe for 2022, get pick 1 and secure Daicos plus the second best player in the land, and then go for the cup in 2022. Then sack away if it doesn't work.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:42 pm
Post subject: Re: Ed & BucksReply with quote

scoobydoo wrote:
How you all going with getting rid of them? Any closer?

Fear not ScoobyDoo, for I have a cunning plan!
Wonka 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:47 pm

Big T wrote:
I would organise a tank season, agree bucks is safe for 2022, get pick 1 and secure Daicos plus the second best player in the land, and then go for the cup in 2022. Then sack away if it doesn't work.

They did all this with Shaw except
agree bucks is safe for 2022 Arrow agree Shaw is gone in 2000.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:00 pm

Big T wrote:

I suspect if the trade period wasn't such a disaster, the Board would have extended Buckley's contract under the guise of removing distractions etc etc.

Now they have to wait for a successful draft with some positive media to slip this extension through without upsetting the apple cart.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:08 pm

The only way to get rid of Bucks is to get rid of Ed.

No one has the balls to challenge Ed so the only way to get rid of him is to convince him he needs to step away. There is only 1 person who can do this.......his wife. Ed will listen for sure.

Operation Carla it is........surely someone knows someone, possibly her hairdresser or her favourite cafe maybe friends of her boys, friends of friends someone to tell her after 20 odd years Ed could have a bit more family time if he gave away the Collingwood gig.

Once that domino falls watch the rest fall so much so even big Maxy Lynch will be impressed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: