Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ed & Bucks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Both need to go ASAP
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:51 am

Well said DG in HS today...
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

I could not put into words better what David Galbally said in the HS today. Eddie has reached his use by date. He’s been a great president but 22 years is long enough and now it’s time to go. The football department needs reforming. I really don’t know what the last inquiry achieved, but it’s all unraveled since the 2018 GF and now the place is a shambles. They should cancel the members forum and instead call for an immediate emergency meeting of the members to a vote of confidence in the board. That’s the only way to resolve this. If the members vote their confidence in the board then that settles it.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:52 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
I could not put into words better what David Galbally said in the HS today. Eddie has reached his use by date. He’s been a great president but 22 years is long enough and now it’s time to go. The football department needs reforming. I really don’t know what the last inquiry achieved, but it’s all unraveled since the 2018 GF and now the place is a shambles. They should cancel the members forum and instead call for an immediate emergency meeting of the members to a vote of confidence in the board. That’s the only way to resolve this. If the members vote their confidence in the board then that settles it.

Really? Is he going to run against Ed? Did he put forward anyone who should?
Just more blah blah blah, get your name in the paper
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:52 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Both need to go ASAP

Are you here? Why?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:13 pm

While I love the commitment over generations of the Galbally clan to Collingwood, it has long been known that David Galbally had a bad falling out with Ed many years ago, and he has held a grudge for not being on the board.

While I've got some criticisms of the current administration, and would be interested in considering a change of President - if a good prospective candidate presented themselves - to ague that the current Board is the worst ever, is a rather ridiculous statement.

Last edited by RudeBoy on Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:00 pm

scoobydoo wrote:

That's fine. So you support the current board. Then you should have no fear of an emergency meeting of the members to vote a confidence motion in the board. If enough members agree with you then it will be dismissed and the board can get back to running the club. If not and a vote goes against the board that will create a spill of all positions on the board and any registered club member, including David Galbally can then nominate for a position on the board. That's the way it's supposed to work in a democracy, not intimidating anybody with the temerity who wants to criticize the board.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:17 pm

Has Ed commented on the situation? Has anyone asked if he is happy with what happened? I haven’t seen or heard him comment on it. Which is unusual
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:42 pm

scoobydoo wrote:

That's fine. So you support the current board. Then you should have no fear of an emergency meeting of the members to vote a confidence motion in the board. If enough members agree with you then it will be dismissed and the board can get back to running the club. If not and a vote goes against the board that will create a spill of all positions on the board and any registered club member, including David Galbally can then nominate for a position on the board. That's the way it's supposed to work in a democracy, not intimidating anybody with the temerity who wants to criticize the board.

No fear, good luck.
But your making a huge mistake.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:25 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
While I love the commitment over generations of the Galbally clan to Collingwood, it has long been known that David Galbally had a bad falling out with Ed many years ago, and he has held a grudge for not being on the board.

While I've got some criticisms of the current administration, and would be interested in considering a change of President - if a good prospective candidate presented themselves - to ague that the current Board is the worst ever, is a rather ridiculous statement.

Yeh, look i think ur correct. I was only a very young boy, but i do recall back in the early 1960s, the Galbally clan got involved in a very messy challenge to the then Board, i think it was Frank, his dad, who got fed up and challenged. It wa one helluva mess, i recall that well, filled with anger, and acrimony. I think Ed should go, but let him maybe quit on his own volition, as for the Board, let the Members have their say. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:57 pm

LOL - in the HS today, Ed said that people don't quite understand the role of a President in a Pandemic.

So Ed, is the Pandemic the last 9 years or you just talking 2020?

The only credit you will get is that you didn't cheat so well done with that...

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:05 pm

Well Galbally said Ed should step down.
But no said Ed.
He should run a joint ticket with Trump.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:05 am

masoncox wrote:
Well Galbally said Ed should step down.
But no said Ed.
He should run a joint ticket with Trump.

Wouldn't matter then if he lost the election. He would claim fraud.

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:18 am

If MCGuire cares more for the Collingwood Football Club more than himself, them rather than daring anyone to challenge him, he would be looking for a successor. Cronyism is a Trumpist method of hanging on to power, it’s impacting transparency and providing members and supporters with mixed messaging as to how the club leadership feels about the handling of player contracts and player well being. It looks as if MCGuire cannot see reality, so whenever the day comes that he finishes up it will be ugly.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:09 am

Yep, I had that article emailed to me and blow me down, but he sounded so much like a mini version of another despot!!!!!
He stated that there would be another "member's forum". The article didn't mention the petition calling for a special General Meeting, although this was posted on 17th November. Perhaps it was still "in the mail" when the article was written. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: