Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ed & Bucks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good old Herald-Sun managed to find another “high profile” ex Collingwood person who’s been retired and living in a remote cave the past two decades, but they managed to drag him out and make a statement “Ed’s gotta go.” Gotta get Eddie in the headlines! I wonder what poor Ed said that peed off Rupert Murdoch?
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:48 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Good old Herald-Sun managed to find another “high profile” ex Collingwood person who’s been retired and living in a remote cave the past two decades, but they managed to drag him out and make a statement “Ed’s gotta go.” Gotta get Eddie in the headlines! I wonder what poor Ed said that peed off Rupert Murdoch?

The words ‘Poor’ & Ed don’t go together.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:50 pm

masoncox wrote:
Well Galbally said Ed should step down.
But no said Ed.
He should run a joint ticket with Trump.

😂, yeh coz he listens to galbally😂😂😂😂😂
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:52 pm

Anyone running against Ed?
4pages but not many suggestions on who
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:10 pm

I’m not sure it’s about the hunt for ‘finding someone’ and the constant dare of ‘give us someone better’ than good old Eddie. Fact is there a plenty of people capable of the job, and rather than stack his board with crony’s, it’s MCGuire who should be finding that person himself in the name of the Club and a smooth exit. But because he sees himself and Buckley as bigger than the club he’d rather cling to power and dare anyone to take him on. Great corporate environment that!
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:04 am

scoobydoo wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

The words ‘Poor’ & Ed don’t go together.

I’m being facetious. Also, he absolutely cops the worst in the media. I’ve got more time for Ed than I do the Herald Suns gutter snipes
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:25 am

^^ agree HS is just toilet paper.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:28 am

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
I’m not sure it’s about the hunt for ‘finding someone’ and the constant dare of ‘give us someone better’ than good old Eddie. Fact is there a plenty of people capable of the job, and rather than stack his board with crony’s, it’s MCGuire who should be finding that person himself in the name of the Club and a smooth exit. But because he sees himself and Buckley as bigger than the club he’d rather cling to power and dare anyone to take him on. Great corporate environment that!

It’s a democracy.
Not up to Ed to find the next President, then you’ll be saying he’s stacked the board again after he left.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:50 pm

ALL THIS HOOHAH, reminds me of what Mark Twain once said, "Everybody talks bout the weather, but nobody does anything about it" LIkewise, Eddie and Bucks, everybody talks bout them, wants Eddie challenged, but nobody has the balls to actually do it, like NOBODY. ! Piss and moan all you like, but unless hes challenged, he aint going nowhere.!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:07 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
ALL THIS HOOHAH, reminds me of what Mark Twain once said, "Everybody talks bout the weather, but nobody does anything about it" LIkewise, Eddie and Bucks, everybody talks bout them, wants Eddie challenged, but nobody has the balls to actually do it, like NOBODY. ! Piss and moan all you like, but unless hes challenged, he aint going nowhere.!

Unfortunately I don't have millions or billions so agree.

We all want the best for the club but I just can't see it at the moment and finishing second seems good enough.

Wonka 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:16 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
If MCGuire cares more for the Collingwood Football Club more than himself, them rather than daring anyone to challenge him, he would be looking for a successor.

The board should have put in term limits, as Murphy wanted in his review. Instead, they hushed it up and hoped that the supporters were too dumb to ask about it.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:26 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:

It’s a democracy.
Not up to Ed to find the next President, then you’ll be saying he’s stacked the board again after he left.

Yer it’s a democracy. It’s also a football club that this MCGuire tells the world he gives a shit about. Yet he creates an ultimatum whereby he either remains president with Buckley as coach till either die, or dare someone to create a bloody coup that hurts the club and him. I’m really curious, how long do you think MCGuire should be president for, and given the one flag in 22 years of his presidency, where’s the pass mark?
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:13 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:

It’s a democracy.

Yer it’s a democracy. It’s also a football club that this MCGuire tells the world he gives a shit about. Yet he creates an ultimatum whereby he either remains president with Buckley as coach till either die, or dare someone to create a bloody coup that hurts the club and him. I’m really curious, how long do you think MCGuire should be president for, and given the one flag in 22 years of his presidency, where’s the pass mark?

Seems like they are all 'biden' together and will never be 'trump'ed.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:05 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
While I've got some criticisms of the current administration, and would be interested in considering a change of President - if a good prospective candidate presented themselves....

VOTE #1: HURRICANE HEARN

He'll put the broom through your boardroom!

*disclaimer: the above statement does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Hearn ticket

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:45 pm

I think Craig "Ned" Kelly would make an excellent Magpies President. Player and businessman, just what the doctor ordered. Its Time.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: