Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ed & Bucks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The General wrote:
As President, under Eddie's watch, we have gotten in the grand final in 5 years. If we exclude the first couple of years as he inherited a mess, that works out to be a grand final every 4 years.

Yes, I understand that we need to aim to win and not just make the grand final, but as President, there is nothing further he can do on match day. He has put the infrastructure there to give us the best chance to make it. What else can he do?

There are clubs out there that would be begging to make it to the big dance on average every 4 years.

I really think we have to wait to see what happens at the end of next year, with the coaching contacts, before where we stand with Eddie.

So you pull data to say what a good record of making grand finals under Ed we have had. But it isn't his fault we lost them. You can't jig your data to help your argument. The facts are the facts.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:44 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
Lazza wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
Ed may have delivered existence and other great achievements but has failed with delivering Premierships which is the main game.

So who do you think was President when we won the flag in 2010?
Maybe you hadn’t been born yet 🤪😀

I did say premierships with a 's'... Smile

Who & when was the last president to deliver premierships for Collingwood?

Collingwood has had 12 Presidents and Eddie has the worst by far record around 20 years as President of the 3 Presidents in that range.

And to answer your question, it was Syd Coventry (1950-62).

So one.
How many drove us into huge debts? Has Ed made us financially secure? That’s most of he’s job. Not he’s fault what happened in 2002 is it? 2011? 2018?

More than one...

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:53 pm

Lazza wrote:
All you Eddie haters are silly buggers. Like someone said, you young posters have no bloody idea how difficult it is to qualify for a grand final, let alone win one. You guys prove that ignorance is bliss🙄 Looks like Eddie suffers from the tall poppy syndrome even among Collingwood supporters😢 Also no one has mentioned a brilliant replacement for him. Most of you morons are also too young to remember the mayhem caused by the likes of Ern Clarke and his bunch of baboons who just about wrecked the club for good. Learn your Collingwood history before suggesting stupid solutions for an yet non existent problem.🤬

I don't think we find it difficult at all to qualify for a GF, we just find it difficult to win a GF.

i.e. Collingwood does not have a problem making Finals or winning Finals or making GF's!!!

The General Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:54 pm

woftam wrote:

You can't jig your data to help your argument. The facts are the facts.

I can't really say it was an argument. Just stating the facts.

Do you have any suggestions what any president of any club could do on match day?
Wonka 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:59 pm

scoobydoo wrote:

How many drove us into huge debts? Has Ed made us financially secure? That’s most of he’s job. Not he’s fault what happened in 2002 is it? 2011? 2018?

Collingwood has had many financial cockups in Eddie's time, but they just excuse themselves by blaming it on scapegoats who leave the club like Eugene Arocca.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:43 pm

Wonka wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:

Collingwood has had many financial cockups in Eddie's time, but they just excuse themselves by blaming it on scapegoats who leave the club like Eugene Arocca.

😂😂😂 you must be kidding yourself, how did he go at Nth melb😂😂😂
Eddie fixed they’re %$^£$%^&%% ups
Got anymore examples
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:47 pm

Facts are under Ed we’ve made 5 GF’s. how many did we make under other presidents since 1958? And don’t start with how many we win, Ed doesn’t play.
Wonka 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:49 pm

scoobydoo wrote:

Eddie fixed they’re %$^�$%^&%% ups
Got anymore examples

So you drink the KoolAid that the financial cockup was 100% Arocca's fault, and that administration problems were 100% Pert's fault, and that the injury problems are 100% Davoren's fault. They cocked up but were easy scapegoats for Collingwood.

You think Eddie fixed Arocca's mistakes? They're not even doing the same job.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:58 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
Facts are under Ed we’ve made 5 GF’s. how many did we make under other presidents since 1958? And don’t start with how many we win, Ed doesn’t play.

I don't think anybody is questioning whether Eddie has been a great president. What many of us are saying is that 22 years is long enough in the job. How many more years do you want him to be president?
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:01 pm

I’m ok with more El Presidente if he leaves more of his media gigs. Spending more time at the club might wake him up to a few things.
Wonka 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:53 pm

scoobydoo wrote:

Arocca did fine at North Melbourne, but the point is not that Arocca was good, so you're just deflecting.

How did Eddie go as Channel 9 boss? 😂😂😂
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:28 pm

scoobydoo wrote:

Well across 18 yrs - 1964, 66, 70, 77, 77, 79, 80 and 81 - we made the Grannie 8 times.....and I was at them all. Sad
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:04 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:

Well across 18 yrs - 1964, 66, 70, 77, 77, 79, 80 and 81 - we made the Grannie 8 times.....and I was at them all. Sad

Interesting as those 18 years and 8 GF's + Ed's 22 years and 5 GF's which is 13 GF's for 1 GF win in those 40 years.

This spin by the club and others that we make Finals is just feel good and rubbish. WE KNOW WE MAKE FINALS and as good as that is, it ain't good enough as it mostly results to coming second.

We've had decades and decades of making FINALS without an issue and it's about time it was turned into Premierships. For Collingwood, it's not difficult making the GF, it's bldy winning it and we should not settle for anything else.

We know that Ed's done a great job for the Club and Community and we've said there are plenty of ticks, ticks and more ticks but his time is up, including Buckley who has not delivered in 9 years (and spare me about 2018 as if he was a coach, he would've won from 5 goals up easily - enough said). 2021 will be 10 years and as most have said, the beginning of the season will be interesting, very interesting for Bucks, Ed and Club.

And let's face it, club culture has not been great under Ed and Buckley.

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:24 pm

Wonka wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:

Arocca did fine at North Melbourne, but the point is not that Arocca was good, so you're just deflecting.

How did Eddie go as Channel 9 boss? 😂😂😂

😂😂🤣🤣 grasping straws. Who cares. Do You barrack for ch9 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣
And he didn’t do Well at NTH, he was crap.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:22 pm

So I ask again 🙄 Who do we want as Eddie’s replacement? Who are the people available to stand against him? Maybe we could have a female President? Gotta try something to steady the sinking ship😢
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: