Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 3 - Al Pacino's turn to mumble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to NSW watch.

The Delta strain cluster is not up to 9 cases.

The response to that is so far measured, nuanced and proportionate.

Nothing and no one is locked down, all business are open, no limits or restrictions on where people can go other than a call for common sense.

Weddings, funerals, bars, pubs and restaurants just have to apply the 2 sqm rule

People are being asked to work from home if they can and a list of post codes have compulsory mask wearing in some settings but not all.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-20/nsw-covoid-19-face-mask-mandate-explained/100229206

I'll watch with interest.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:40 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Lord Maximus Farquaad wrote:
think positive wrote:
Well if they stopped scaring people and changing the rules it would help. I’m still mighty pissed that 3 weeks ago I got the jab I didn’t want and now they tell me I shouldn’t have! And then they waste 13 doses of Pfizer! I would have driven wherever to have it! And now I gotta suck it and have AZ again! Yes I only got crook for a day but still, I don’t need the stress of worrying about whether I fell up the stairs due to vertigo or the fricken needle!

As much as I would love China to tell the $�$%^%%$ truth c’mon Aussie, you bought too many and don’t want to waste them, apparently the mighty dollar is worth more than peoples lives! I am in no was Antivax but I would have appreciated choice.

You will probably have to be vaccinated again later on if you want to travel to the USA or to Japan or to attend events there as they don’t consider AZ to be a vaccine.

We'll all have to be vaccinated again, and again, and again regardless of what vaccine we had.

None of them claim to work forever, we'll need at least annual boosters

Since it’s a 2 needle thing I’m assuming I gave to have the second AZ? Otherwise 2 Pfizer’s? But the can I switch for the boosters?

All questions I’m gunnaask my gp before I get the booster! I just got a new date for my hand surgery, it’s a week and a bit away so I’ll get the flu shot this week. (*&^%^& pin cushion! Like being preggo they jab jab jab!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:00 pm

Lots of people have cancelled on the second AZ shot, I'm not.

The odds of getting clots from the first shot are less than being in a car accident and close to zero on the second.

We've both lived through the first one, so I'm getting the second no dramas.

One thing I won't be doing is going anywhere near the mNRA shot the Vic Government is developing.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-20/mrna-covid-19-vaccine-trials-in-australia-variant-booster/100229294

If the Victorian Government is involved, I ain't touching it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:50 pm

Yes but I figure if I have to the. Get 2 pfizers to travel what’s the point of another AZ, because quite frankly that’s the reason I had it!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:01 pm

If I was shit scared of dying, I wouldn't drink, smoke or leave the house.

Do what works for you, I respect your right to make your own decisions.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:01 am

In Victoria yesterday, it was reported that there were 0 new local cases and 2 new cases acquired overseas (currently in HQ).
- 12,242 vaccine doses were administered
- 19,502 test results were received

There were then 51 active cases.

Today's report is due shortly.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:24 am

In Victoria today, 1 new local case and 8 new cases acquired overseas (currently in HQ).
- 10,921 vaccine doses were administered
- 16,290 test results were received.

There are now 54 active cases.

The new local case is said to be "a primary close contact who has been quarantining throughout their infectious period".
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:45 pm

NSW Update,

now up to 11 cases.

Quote:
There were four cases announced on Monday, bringing the total number of infections in the cluster to 11.

Of those cases, two were announced yesterday morning and two others were recorded after the official reporting period. The latter cases will be included in tomorrow’s numbers.

The two cases announced on Sunday are a woman and a man in their 50s from the Sutherland Shire. Both are close contacts of a previously reported case and have been in isolation.

The other cases include woman in her 50s from Sydney’s northern suburbs and a man in his 30s from the eastern suburbs. Both are close contacts of known cases and have been in isolation.

The existing measures are likely to be extended, as remain in place longer, but nothing more sever at this stage.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/premier-refuses-to-rule-out-bringing-in-more-restrictions-for-nsw/news-story/7e1c611d59a59b02a84f154ed9e143fa

They seem to be doing an amazing job of getting to close contacts really quickly and getting them to isolate, hopefully prior to them becoming infectious or at worst very shortly afterward, minimising the opportunity of spread. You can't afford to have cases roaming around the community for days while infectious.

We'll see if they can hold it together.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:55 pm

think positive wrote:

Since it’s a 2 needle thing I’m assuming I gave to have the second AZ? Otherwise 2 Pfizer’s? But the can I switch for the boosters?

All questions I’m gunnaask my gp before I get the booster! I just got a new date for my hand surgery, it’s a week and a bit away so I’ll get the flu shot this week. (*&^%^& pin cushion! Like being preggo they jab jab jab!

At the moment they're strongly encouraging everyone who got the first AZ shot to get the second. There's apparently almost no risk as all of the clot cases came from the first shot.

There's mixed views on switching shots. Some overseas studies are showing positive results but they're really in infancy. I understand that here, they won't let people switch. Everyone needs to get 2 shots of the same vaccine, whatever booster shot may be required in future is a different matter.

We won't be travelling overseas on Holiday in 2021 unless it's in a bubble anyway.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:20 pm

They want to use up the excess supplies! If getting another AZ gets me the travel passport I’ll do it no worries, however if I then need to Pfizer I will put on a $$%^%%$ act at the docs and exaggerate my anxiety over it! Like I said I am not anti fax, I wanted to wait til later in the year when more Pfizer is available, but then things started to go to shit again, and now all of a sudden my age groups at risk! I’ve backed the government in all the way, but now I feel lied to. I’ll have a look later atthe requirements!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:11 pm

They've already done a lot of work in diagnosing and treating the clots (which are still fkn rare) and the company is tweaking away as we speak. I expect the next lot of AZ to have less issues so you'll have slightly more chance of dying from the vaccine than you have of winning Tatts.

I'll do what I need to do to let the country open back up again and avoid this overly risk averse lockdown bullshit.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:45 pm

stui magpie wrote:
They've already done a lot of work in diagnosing and treating the clots (which are still fkn rare) and the company is tweaking away as we speak. I expect the next lot of AZ to have less issues so you'll have slightly more chance of dying from the vaccine than you have of winning Tatts.

I'll do what I need to do to let the country open back up again and avoid this overly risk averse lockdown bullshit.

oh $$%^%%$ hell stui, dont act like a saint and make me feel guilty, i live on guilt, im as guilt pig!! thats just cruel!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:47 pm

Utter stuff up by Morrison. We don’t have easy data to collect on how many people have had the injection.

No targets, no collection of data on a national level, no knowing how many first injections. States don’t have enough. Poor marketing of the need to counter the doubters.

Morrison couldn’t organise sex in a brothel.

Makes Australia seem like a 3rd world country and sadly leaves us extremely vulnerable for this highly contagious strain of the Coronavirus.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:11 pm

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

oh $�$%^%%$ hell stui, dont act like a saint and make me feel guilty, i live on guilt, im as guilt pig!! thats just cruel!

I'm not a saint by any definition and I'm not trying to guilt you. You've admitted you're scared and I can respect that.

I don't respect claiming to not be scared while pushing arguments about risk and self entitled bullshit like "Why should I get the bad one, ScoMo got the good one, I want the good one too".

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:20 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Utter stuff up by Morrison. We don’t have easy data to collect on how many people have had the injection.

No targets, no collection of data on a national level, no knowing how many first injections. States don’t have enough. Poor marketing of the need to counter the doubters.

Morrison couldn’t organise sex in a brothel.

Makes Australia seem like a 3rd world country and sadly leaves us extremely vulnerable for this highly contagious strain of the Coronavirus.

Listening to Merlino the Maleficent politically deflecting again?

https://covidlive.com.au/report/vaccinations-source

Yet again, Victoria's inability to get IT to work promptly causes pain. Set up hubs to administer vaccines and then give them a call centre that can't handle calls and an online booking system that doesn't work, but that's all Morrisons fault.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 144 of 200   

Jump to: