Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 3 - Al Pacino's turn to mumble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 149, 150, 151 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I see VPT hasn't changed much.

Still full of the usual BS. I'll see myself out.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:40 pm

Jezza wrote:
I see VPT hasn't changed much.

Still full of the usual BS. I'll see myself out.

In fairness some weren't seen much lately until NSW exploded again and they come back to get a few kicks in.

It really feels like there are some people who have been hoping for an outbreak in NSW just so they can think Danny boy is suddenly vindicated.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:06 pm

Nobody wants an outbreak anywhere because it f*&cks up everyones plans.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:48 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
[The Coalition Clowns are the Major Reason why he so far behind with our Vaccination Roll Out and that is said to be the Main Thing that will stop Lockdowns and what we are only about 5% of people who are Fully Vaccinated.

Places like the UK and US are looking to open back normal again soon

The mistake of the Feds was not diversifying enough and going all in on AstraZeneca which is statistically an inferior vaccine compared to Pfizer and Moderna, albeit it still provides good protection against COVID.

However, the slow numbers are due to a number of factors:

• AstraZeneca has a three month waiting period between the first and second dose. The waiting period is much shorter for Pfizer and Moderna.

• Our vaccination program started in late February. The UK and US started vaccinating people in December and had emergency approval to do so so there was a 2-month head start.

• Vaccine hesitancy from the general public, particularly after blood clotting fears intensified in April, despite it being an extremely rare condition.

• Lack of supply of other vaccines, which is hopefully being addressed as we speak

• Ineligibility of many Australians not having access to a vaccine at this stage.

As the second doses of AZ ramp up in July and August, I expect the fully vaccinated % to go up fairly quickly.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:02 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:

In theory, I hope you're right, but there's certainly been an ugly undercurrent engulfing both sides of politics hoping to see certain states fail because it validates a certain political position.

I make no secret I dislike Andrews, but not once did I want him to fail in his response because it satisfies my ego as there's too much on the line for the state of Victoria which I'm born and bred in.

I've seen posts on Twitter where people are cheering on NSW to fail. That's disheartening to read. For the most part, I've admired the way NSW has handled the pandemic with Ruby Princess being the only notable error. Whether they've responded too late to the latest outbreak is unclear, but I do hope they get on top of it.

All I was getting at earlier is I wish the country was more unified. At the moment, it seems to be state vs state rivalries and taking pot shots at one another which mimics something out of the 19th century when Australia was divided into colonies.

I'll see myself out now Wink

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:11 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Dark Beanie wrote:
The miner quarantined in Brisbane before flying to NT.
At this stage it is thought that they caught COVID in the quarantine hotel

Hotel Quartile when Covid is in it is pretty much Useless

time to change to Hotel Quintiles and if that fails, Deciles.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:25 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Dark Beanie wrote:
The miner quarantined in Brisbane before flying to NT.
At this stage it is thought that they caught COVID in the quarantine hotel

Hotel Quartile when Covid is in it is pretty much Useless

time to change to Hotel Quintiles and if that fails, Deciles.

I meant Quarantine

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:12 am

Jezza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
[The Coalition Clowns are the Major Reason why he so far behind with our Vaccination Roll Out and that is said to be the Main Thing that will stop Lockdowns and what we are only about 5% of people who are Fully Vaccinated.

Places like the UK and US are looking to open back normal again soon

The mistake of the Feds was not diversifying enough and going all in on AstraZeneca which is statistically an inferior vaccine compared to Pfizer and Moderna, albeit it still provides good protection against COVID.

However, the slow numbers are due to a number of factors:

• AstraZeneca has a three month waiting period between the first and second dose. The waiting period is much shorter for Pfizer and Moderna.

• Our vaccination program started in late February. The UK and US started vaccinating people in December and had emergency approval to do so so there was a 2-month head start.

• Vaccine hesitancy from the general public, particularly after blood clotting fears intensified in April, despite it being an extremely rare condition.

• Lack of supply of other vaccines, which is hopefully being addressed as we speak

• Ineligibility of many Australians not having access to a vaccine at this stage.

As the second doses of AZ ramp up in July and August, I expect the fully vaccinated % to go up fairly quickly.

You listed some of the issues. The glaringly obvious one’s you missed include:

1. Your mate the PM overselling and under-delivering (not entirely of his own making: the overselling was.
2. The vaccine hesitancy is in large part due to the ambiguity coming from the shoddy communications at a Federal level. Your mate Scotty who is responsible for quarantine not only left a vacuum to be filled by idiots and imbeciles but some were located in his party. He took too long to get rid of them. He fiddled while the vaccine deniers and hesitaters were given Oxygen.
3. The shoddy and haphazard way the vaccines have been rolled out from the Feds has been a lesson in sloppy administration: the ideological commitment to privatise and contract out has led to stuff ups.
4. As in #2 above it’s the poor communications “wot dunnit”

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:14 am

Dark Beanie wrote:

Indeed. But whatever you do Dark Beanie don’t call it a lock down 😉😜

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:20 am

If you think Morrison is my "mate", you clearly don't know much about me.

Cut the insults out. You're not helping your cause.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:42 am

NSW by failing to lockdown early enough has allowed this nasty contagious virus to spread further. Now through the airports FFS 🤦‍♂️

5 Virgin flights no less:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/five-flights-potentially-exposed-to-covid-19-as-virgin-flight-attendant-tests-positive-20210626-p584k8.html

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:33 am

In Victoria, 0 new local cases and 3 new cases acquired overseas.
- 14,982 vaccine doses were administered
- 20,698 test results were received.

There are 44 active cases.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:33 am

I can't see how we don't go back to a nation wide lockdown now. The virus is in QLD, VIC, NT, NSW and spreading fast.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:57 am

5 Flights and 3 Cities FFS

https://www.theguardian.com/au

NSW were far too slow. They tried to keep on saying they didn’t need to go into lockdown just to make a political point to show how good they are, aided and abetted by some dunderheads federally and elsewhere when it was sadly and painfully obvious that a short sharp lockdown could have contained this.

My oldest is a state manager for a clothing retail chain in NSW. One of her employees was contacted by a local optometrist to say she was in the store when a person was in the waiting area who has since tested positive for the virus. This was yesterday. The store has closed the shop down. The employee has gone to isolation and getting tested. NSW health still haven’t contacted her or the chain. This was from my daughter this morning.

They have it hard: Coogee beach was 22 degrees water temp while I froze my arse off at friggin’ Docklands 🙄

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:22 am

Jezza wrote:
If you think Morrison is my "mate", you clearly don't know much about me.

Cut the insults out. You're not helping your cause.

That's what he does. All quiet while Victoria is locked down but as soon as NSW is in trouble he reappears with his gibes, insults and hindsight wisdom. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 149, 150, 151 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 150 of 200   

Jump to: