Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 3 - Al Pacino's turn to mumble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

doriswilgus wrote:

So in essence,the government basically admitted that they made a mistake on their vaccine rollout and changed course.Six months too late,but better late than never.It’s interesting that the government has basically given up on defending its vaccine rollout by changing course,yet you still loyally defend everything they’ve done.But of course,you’re not partisan,are you? Rolling Eyes

I'm not loyally defending everything they've done, just pointing out the holes in the hysterical accusations. P4S nailed it, but of course you're not partisan are you.

By appointing General Jon Frewen to head the Covid vaccine taskforce, the Feds are both acknowledging that the rollout has clearly been suboptimal and doing something about it to make it better.

https://www1.defence.gov.au/about/covid-19

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:06 pm

Back on topic, a timeline of the Sydney outbreak to date.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-23/nsw-covid-bondi-outbreak-timeline/100237834

The next few days will clearly be critical, if the case number keep increasing the government will be under increasing pressure to resort to lockdowns.

We have the best whole of government response in Australia vs the most infectious strain of Covid we've had loose in the community. Which will win?

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:54 pm

stui magpie wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

So in essence,the government basically admitted that they made a mistake on their vaccine rollout and changed course.Six months too late,but better late than never.It’s interesting that the government has basically given up on defending its vaccine rollout by changing course,yet you still loyally defend everything they’ve done.But of course,you’re not partisan,are you? Rolling Eyes

I'm not loyally defending everything they've done, just pointing out the holes in the hysterical accusations. P4S nailed it, but of course you're not partisan are you.

By appointing General Jon Frewen to head the Covid vaccine taskforce, the Feds are both acknowledging that the rollout has clearly been suboptimal and doing something about it to make it better.

https://www1.defence.gov.au/about/covid-19

Thanks.You’ve just admitted the point that I’ve been making all along,that the Government has admitted to making mistakes with its vaccine rollout and has changed course.It seems pretty obvious to anyone who’s been paying attention to the change in policy,but you don’t like anyone pointing out that fact for some reason.And that’s my last word on the matter.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:35 am

From the ABC blog - what's wrong with the following sentence:

Quote:
Prime Minister Scott Morrison says it's likely state borders will keep closing suddenly during COVID outbreaks until there's more information about how vaccines effect the transmission of the virus.

If vaccines effect the transmission of the virus, we have a serious problem.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:55 am

In Victoria, 1 new local case and 3 new case acquired overseas (currently in HQ).
- 17,803 vaccine doses were administered
- 22,812 test results were received.

There are 52 active cases. The Government reports that "The new locally-acquired case is a known Primary Close Contact who has been quarantining throughout their infectious period."
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:23 pm

Just booked flights to Canberra for next Thursday – anyone reckon I'll live to regret it?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:24 pm

NSW’s daily coronavirus numbers are in.

The state recorded 18 locally acquired cases of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm yesterday. Of those 18 cases, we already knew about 13.

In addition, six new cases were detected overnight. This means NSW has technically recorded 11 new cases.

Those numbers are off the back of 48,402 tests, up from yesterday’s 44,640.

One of Thursday’s cases was NSW Agriculture Minister Adam Marshall, whose positive COVID-19 test sent his colleagues into a spiral at state parliament this morning.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/australia-news-live-nsw-covid-19-cases-surge-restrictions-reimposed-on-greater-sydney-20210623-p583nb.html

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:34 pm

David wrote:
Just booked flights to Canberra for next Thursday – anyone reckon I'll live to regret it?
yes cos its too $£$%^%%$ cold there right now!!!!

as for living have you had the vaccine?????!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:37 pm

Not yet! Still not even eligible, as far as I'm aware!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:38 pm

NSW Covid Outbreak getting Worse not Better
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:41 pm

think positive wrote:
David wrote:
yes cos its too $�$%^%%$ cold there right now!!!!

as for living have you had the vaccine?????!!

Don't think it Matter IF you been Vaccinated or Not for Traveling

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:35 pm

David wrote:

Well, I reckon you'll live. That's a fair start.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:41 pm

stui magpie wrote:
NSW’s daily coronavirus numbers are in.

The state recorded 18 locally acquired cases of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm yesterday. Of those 18 cases, we already knew about 13.

In addition, six new cases were detected overnight. This means NSW has technically recorded 11 new cases.

Those numbers are off the back of 48,402 tests, up from yesterday’s 44,640.

One of Thursday’s cases was NSW Agriculture Minister Adam Marshall, whose positive COVID-19 test sent his colleagues into a spiral at state parliament this morning.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/australia-news-live-nsw-covid-19-cases-surge-restrictions-reimposed-on-greater-sydney-20210623-p583nb.html

Not having a go at you - I think, though, that suggesting that NSW has "technically recorded 11 new cases" is a bit of a nonsense. If a "new case" is just one that hadn't been previously announced (which seems to be what the SMH is suggesting), we could all avoid ever having "new cases" just by announcing them as they come to hand. That can't be right. Surely we run with the 18 that were newly reported at some time during the 24-hour reporting period and say that there are a further 6 known about but those will be in tomorrow's 24-hour total?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:35 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
NSW Covid Outbreak getting Worse not Better

Actually it’s running slower than the Dan virus cluster that he exported to NSW last year and it’s well below the Northern Beaches outbreak over Christmas.

But to a state that lockdowns over a handful of case, yes it would look like a disaster.

As the health people said today, you only lockdown because your contact tracers are incompetent and need to catch up. If they can do their job properly there is no need for it and they aren’t really finding many mystery cases. Yesterday there was 5 and they found the source of 4 of them already.

Tomorrow’s cases only has 1 unknown but that might change by the morning.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:04 pm

Got my 2nd AstraZeneca Jab Now

So I am Fully Vaccinated NowGot my 2nd AstraZeneca Jab Now

So I am Fully Vaccinated Now

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 147 of 200   

Jump to: