Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Reef McInnes 2020 NGA Prospect for 2020 Draft

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:12 pm
Post subject: Reef McInnes 2020 NGA Prospect for 2020 DraftReply with quote

eVideo Highlights:

https://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewforum.php?f=1

Info:

Quote:
192cm/84kg
12/12/02
Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro
Midfielder/forward

Collingwood has first call on McInnes as a member of its Next Generation Academy and he looks an exciting prospect. McInnes is a nice size and versatile, having shown last year he can play in defence, attack and through the midfield. He was a member of the Chargers' NAB League flag last year having played with a back injury late in the season and is a trusty user of the ball.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/493042/cal-twomey-s-2020-phantom-form-guide-september-update

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What it interesting about him is that as a midfielder, he was forced to play forward in TAC due to Rowell/Anderson etc.

He performed very well as a forward and when he had the opportunity to play midfield, showed just how good he can be.

A lot of the time when midfielders are drafted, they are forced to cut their teeth out of position - see Brown.C.

McInnes has that covered Smile
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:41 pm

Draft central has him ranked at 10 July 2020
This is what they said
#10 Reef McInnes
Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro | Inside Midfielder
12/12/2002 | 192cm | 84kg

Rounding out the top 10 is another inside midfielder and a second NGA product tied to both the Scotch College and Oakleigh Chargers systems. Attached to Collingwood, McInnes is set to be yet another in the production line of academy and father-son prospects made available to the Magpies, and looms as a first round candidate. While he was pushed out to the forward line in Oakleigh’s stacked premiership side, McInnes is a bull on the inside who can dominate at stoppages. He is hardly the typical slow, strength-dependant type either, able to lean on his agility and awareness to effectively extract from midfield. The versatility he was made to learn as a bottom-ager adds another string to his bow, with goals a valuable part of his game in 2019.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:54 pm

I don't want to distract from the discussion of this lad - he looks a genuine prospect - but, after watching Geelong win three premierships in 5 years with a team full of father/son recruits, the wording "yet another in the production line of academy and father-son prospects made available to the Magpies" rankles. We certainly got Heater and Travis as bargains but that is no longer the case with the current bidding system. We got Daics and the Browns with the picks we did because no-one wanted them at a higher pick. Moore - who was wanted at a higher pick - cost us our first round selection. Presumably, we'll get this prospect if we want him and we will give up equivalent picks/points to do so. Likewise, if the next Daicos off the assembly line is a number 1 pick, we'll get him - because the idea of a Daicos wearing other colours in quite unthinkable - at a significant price.

Meanwhile, I was watching the Blosers the other day and thinking how many more Browns and Daicoses there were on the park than Silvagnis - that, of course, is not for the want of any Silvagnis, just the want of any talented ones. Meanwhile, they have a MacKay and, not that long ago, had a Waite and Buckley (one of whom could actually play football). So, why are the nasty insinuations that something may be coming cheap directed at us?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:16 pm

Boogie Knights wrote:
What it interesting about him is that as a midfielder, he was forced to play forward in TAC due to Rowell/Anderson etc.

He performed very well as a forward and when he had the opportunity to play midfield, showed just how good he can be.

A lot of the time when midfielders are drafted, they are forced to cut their teeth out of position - see Brown.C.

True, it’s was a ridiculously gifted Chargers midfield, particularly when you also add Bianco ( who was captain )
His development has been stifled a bit on the back of no U18s in 2020. The plan was always to improve his mid field craft in 2020 but it’s the same for all the TAC kids anyway.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:27 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Boogie Knights wrote:

True, it’s was a ridiculously gifted Chargers midfield, particularly when you also add Bianco ( who was captain )
His development has been stifled a bit on the back of no U18s in 2020. The plan was always to improve his mid field craft in 2020 but it’s the same for all the TAC kids anyway.

Might work in our Favor as his Value has gone down a little bit because of that

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:55 pm

I like his height.
Midgets do not apply
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:58 pm

masoncox wrote:
I like his height.
Midgets do not apply

I take Midget as long as they can Play

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:07 pm

^

Yeah, but if everything else is equal, take the taller one

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:28 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Yeah, but if everything else is equal, take the taller one

I agree with that IF both rated the Exact Same

I like Reef Versatility. Video showing he can play as a Tall Inside Mid and also Push/Play Forward and Kick a Goal

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:55 pm

This draft is going to really sort out all clubs recruiting departments.
There will be so little real time data and info to call on in the upcoming draft.
In five years time are going to look back at those clubs who got it horribly wrong and those who nailed it.
There will also be more likelihood of hidden gems later in this draft than previous years because there is so little game time to call on.
If Hine and co can get this one right, it will go a long way to setting us up for the next 10 years.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:08 pm

masoncox wrote:
This is what they said
#10 Reef McInnes

Rounding out the top 10 is another inside midfielder and a second NGA product tied to both the Scotch College and Oakleigh Chargers systems.
Attached to Collingwood, McInnes is set to be yet another in the production line of academy and father-son prospects made available to the Magpies, and looms as a first round candidate. ....

Sorry, I'm confused... is he the son of somebody I've never heard of, or how does an academy association actually link him to the club, as opposed to the other 17 teams?

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:17 pm

piedys wrote:
masoncox wrote:
This is what they said
#10 Reef McInnes

Rounding out the top 10 is another inside midfielder and a second NGA product tied to both the Scotch College and Oakleigh Chargers systems.
Attached to Collingwood, McInnes is set to be yet another in the production line of academy and father-son prospects made available to the Magpies, and looms as a first round candidate. ....

Sorry, I'm confused... is he the son of somebody I've never heard of, or how does an academy association actually link him to the club, as opposed to the other 17 teams?

We have the region around Oakleigh. it pushes up along the yarra river to Templestowe.
Designed for underrepresented communities to come on board including females
More info
Academy programs
Each AFL Club has a designated region to run their own Next Generation and/or Club Academy Program, which may involve a variety of activities including:

Australian Rules Football Clinics and skills sessions
'Come and Try' days involving an introduction to Australian Rules football
Leadership and Teamwork programs
Fitness Testing and training programs
Education sessions (i.e. Cultural Awareness, Nutrition, Health Living, etc.)
Participants will be exposed to an elite football environment through top-level coaching, first-class facilities and expertise across health, fitness and personal development. Each Clubs program may differ slightly, but will involve multiple sessions across each of these key areas and will be conducted through school holidays and/or out of hour's programs.

Regions
Each club has a designated region to conduct their Next Generation and/or Club Academy programs. The above map outlines each of the Club's Academy Regions, and provides a web link for each Clubs webpage where further information can be gathered on specific club programs (see map).
To see the map click here https://aflvic.com.au/next-generation-academy/
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:21 pm

Okay, that's a little clearer thanks...

Trying to get my head around this some more...

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:28 pm

Okay: shit for brains gets it this time...

https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/2020/06/08/afl-draft-watch-reef-mcinnes-oakleigh-chargers-vic-metro/

So he's actually indigenous, and not as Irish or Scottish as his surname might imply...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: