Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Operation Draft a FWD

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:41 am
Post subject: Operation Draft a FWDReply with quote

We’ve raged and despaired over the last few days and now trying to understand that fateful Thursday between about 6:30 and 8. If like me you’ve read certain unsubstantiated rumours you’re probably starting to completely appreciate the position the club was in.

At any rate, what’s done is done and now it’s about how does the club move forward (onfield, not interesting in the sack the administration).

The only way I see a justification in our actions is that we can turn 14 and 16 into a top top pick. Next season we don’t want our 1st selection as we get Daics regardless. So the question is, is 14,16 and next seasons 1st, worth say Pick 2 to get Logan McDonald?

I’m not sure it is but let’s assume we claw that pick from North and land the player, this, for mine, has been worth it.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's close... maybe, the one thing in our favor here is Nth are in total rebuild mode, and although they also may like to draft Logan McDonald, it makes more sense for them to get as much quality talent as they can so picks 14, 16 and a future 1st rounder may just be enough to tempt them...
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:08 am
Post subject: Re: Operation Draft a FWDReply with quote

Are North really going to give us pick 2 tho? After already trading with them?? Not sure.

Logan and Reef this year and Daics next year is what I'm asking for. But I cant see us getting a pick that gets us Logan McD.

Haff wrote:
So the question is, is 14,16 and next seasons 1st, worth say Pick 2 to get Logan McDonald?

Does that leave us short for points re:Reef? After 14 and 16, our next pick is 65, 70 and 75. Would we need to ask for Norths pick 30 or 39 to cover a bid?

This is when accepting 65 for Phillips will hurt. Not worried we traded TP. But we really should have asked for a pick in the 40s, which the Hawks have 3 of.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:28 am

The problem is you likely need the crows number one pick if we’re going to pick up the generally accepted second best U18 player in The country.
Most likely Ugle -Hagen is called out first and the dogs claim him.
That pushes Crows out to second pick on the night.
The Crows have two choices if they go with a tall ( and that’s likely ) Either Thilthorpe as an S A kid or McDonald as a sandgroper who may want to go home after two years.
That then leaves the Kangas with the next pick in the draft ( the one we talking about ) We would at least be able to consider whoever remains unpicked from the Crows selection. At this point, Grainger - Barras ( W A ) starts to come into contention but is more a K P D.

Hollands ( Vic ) will be close to the first mid picked and could be pick three or four ( Bont like ) but he’s also completing his rehab from an ACL. He’s a natural leader and built like Bont. I wouldn’t be disappointed if we picked him even if he is only a 191cm midfielder.
It’s not often you see a possibility of four of the first five picks all being talls.

Seriously, it’s going to be a messy draft. A few are going to nail this one and just as many will blow it. No under age footy in Vic and so many N G A players is going to make for interesting draft night.

Personally, I think McDonald is a long shot from our current draft haul.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:37 am

And EVEN IF we were to bundle our 14, 16 and future first rounder up, then I don’t see how we can pick up McInnes without having traded in our two future second rounders we currently have.
That’s not a real issue where Daicos is concerned because then we just trade in our 2022 selections for his draft.
Daicos is the last of drafting issues right now but we could end up with the first and last picks of the 2021 draft and absolutely nothing in between.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:47 am

One more point, I reckon most likely to trade out is Bombers with 6, 7 and 8.

Also G C S with pick 5 as it’s almost superfluous to their needs after being handed two top quality pre zone kids who aren’t required to enter the draft ( courtesy of AFL making them competitive ) Their list is very young, so they may choose to want a few later picks for the mature age or recycled players that get called out after the kids.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:26 pm

These numpties will no doubt nab us more midgets; it's their superpower...
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:34 pm

Could we bundle picks 14&16 to Suns for pick 5
Then pick 5 and future 1st rounder to North for pick 2
Then trade future 2nd round (Treloar pick from Dogs) for a second round pick this year to Suns or someone not wanting to be overly active this year to ensure enough points for Reef
We would still have 2nd round pick 2021 plus other picks for points for next Daicos
We could get up to pick 3 in this years draft then still nab Reef and Diacos in 2021
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:49 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Could we bundle picks 14&16 to Suns for pick 5
Then pick 5 and future 1st rounder to North for pick 2
Then trade future 2nd round (Treloar pick from Dogs) for a second round pick this year to Suns or someone not wanting to be overly active this year to ensure enough points for Reef
We would still have 2nd round pick 2021 plus other picks for points for next Daicos
We could get up to pick 3 in this years draft then still nab Reef and Diacos in 2021

Based on last week's effort, we're more likely to trade picks 14 and 16 for next year's pick 20. Not happy Jan.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:53 pm

is there even a genuine forward or someone that looks like they can be, available? ive been saying it over and over since Cloke went to the bloody dogs!
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:00 pm

think positive wrote:
is there even a genuine forward or someone that looks like they can be, available? ive been saying it over and over since Cloke went to the bloody dogs!

McCartin.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:16 pm

The key to entire 2020 draft strategy will be knowing ( or not ) exactly when McInnes name will be called out in the pecking order.
It’s not asking much but there are no guarantees.
woods_the_best Taurus

AFL Premiers 2010

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:47 pm

Pick 14 + 16 is worth a total of 2228 points
Pick 2 is worth 2517.

If say for instance god help us we finish 15th that's worth 2034 points.

So 2228+2034-2517 we have surplus of essentially pick 6 - 1745 points.

No thanks, but the thinking is right...

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:34 pm

woods_the_best wrote:
Pick 14 + 16 is worth a total of 2228 points
Pick 2 is worth 2517.

If say for instance god help us we finish 15th that's worth 2034 points.

So 2228+2034-2517 we have surplus of essentially pick 6 - 1745 points.

No thanks, but the thinking is right...

I get that but the Suns are opening to trading pick 5 so the points equation from 14&16 is about fair I reckon and maybe we owe them a favour down the line
Then pick 5 with future 2nd rounder from Dogs for Treloar gets us to pick #2 this year and we maintain our 1st & 2nd round picks in 2021
My logic is we have to get something from this debacle
My concern is every club now knows we are desperate and might like to kick us while we are down
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:10 am

Is there a 22/23 year old power forward out there who could come in and make an impact?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: