Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

GM job split between two

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:12 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

And that may well be it tho I’d be surprised a person with Geoff,s vast experience in football management would make the error that led to the salary cap issue
But he’s flesh and blood after all

And yes if he had erred in the salary cap situation in an incorrect way then he like anyone should accept the outcome

But we know not and even tho we ponder on this we in no way have the knowledge of internal working—waiting to see if we are about to suffer by the field performance is months away

npalm 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:42 am

Baz, you're absolutely right. As supporters we have no knowledge of the internal workings of the club.

We do know, however, that they screwed up the salary cap and the subsequent trading out of players. Why that happened, I wouldn't have a clue.
I'm not criticising Walsh personally because I have no knowledge of the details of the issues that led to the screw up.

But I was particularly concerned when I received the members' letter from the CEO which failed to acknowledge that the club had totally mismanaged the salary cap.
You can't fix a problem if you don't accept that there is a problem!

I'm hoping that behind closed walls the club does recognise the problem and Walsh's departure is one of many steps being taken to resolve the issues.

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:08 am

One thing is for sure... it will all be revealed on the field come next season. The decisions made and actions taken will e judged exclusively in the win/loss column.
The question then will be. "What happens to the administration after that is revealed?"

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:50 pm

npalm wrote:
Baz, you're absolutely right. As supporters we have no knowledge of the internal workings of the club.

We do know, however, that they screwed up the salary cap and the subsequent trading out of players. Why that happened, I wouldn't have a clue.
I'm not criticising Walsh personally because I have no knowledge of the details of the issues that led to the screw up.

But I was particularly concerned when I received the members' letter from the CEO which failed to acknowledge that the club had totally mismanaged the salary cap.
You can't fix a problem if you don't accept that there is a problem!

I'm hoping that behind closed walls the club does recognise the problem and Walsh's departure is one of many steps being taken to resolve the issues.

I was furious at the club when it happened but there's no point in crying about it. What's done is done and Geoff Walsh has left the club and that's the end of it. The club now needs to move on, nail it's draft selections in this week's national draft and get on with the job of getting the team to gel by the first game next season. Personally I think Nick Maxwell would be a fantastic choice as football manager. Won't happen though because he's too young.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Maxwell post football career is sport administration his choice
NFI if he is any good at at it
NFI who Wagner is
Position to be shared till next year its December so not worried
Could be good experience for them

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: