Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 111, 112, 113  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
OK, but in all my years of following footy, I can never , ever recall, a Premiership player, departing his Club, a mere two weeks after playing in a Premiership side for that club, never heard it before. If you can recall one, please enlighten me Stui, cos I believe there never has been one,in history. Confused Confused

Buddy, Brandon Ellis, Lycett, Suckling, Luke Jackson, Mark LeCras...

See - it's never happened. Embarassed

Some of those players like Buddy, had much longer stints at their clubs than Jack, and did they walk within 2 weeks of the flag ?? The look on our Captains face on the Project show, stunned, told me all I need to know. Surprised

Franklin requested to join the Swans four days after the 2013 grand final, and officially joined the club six days after that.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/450462/buddy-officially-a-swan-after-hawks-decline-to-match-10m-deal

Scott Lycett was also traded to Port ten days after winning a flag with West Coast:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/135410/power-play-flag-eagle-completes-port-move

Brandon Ellis might hold the record – he was in a different club’s colours just seven days after winning a flag with Richmond in 2019:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/130869/free-agent-brandon-ellis-to-join-suns

If you don’t like players leaving within a couple of weeks of playing in a grand final, I suggest you take it up with the AFL. They’re the ones who decide to schedule a trade period a few days later.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:54 pm

^

I could not give a shit, all I know his so called farewell speech was bloody terrible, " finally, finally where I want to be " no thanks to Collingwood, the players, no thanks for being a part of a Premiership team, no thanks to his fans, nothing while decked out in a long sleeve horrid piss an poop jumper, was real kick in the guts, for the Club, spoilt brat. BTW, Buddy had been at Hawks for seven yrs, far longer than Jack, no doubt some of those others too.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:18 pm

So, when you said "If you can recall one, please enlighten me ... cos I believe there has never been one, in history", that was just a rhetoical device intended to end the discussion? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:31 pm

Piesnchess, that’s what peed me off. No “thank you to Collingwood and my former teammates who helped me become a premiership player.” Not a word. It was all so entitled.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:05 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Piesnchess, that’s what peed me off. No “thank you to Collingwood and my former teammates who helped me become a premiership player.” Not a word. It was all so entitled.

I’ll third that! Needs a little humility and an appreciation chip!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:37 pm

Back on topic, I think it would be great if our new forward Lochie Shulz got number 33 to wear, be almost poetic justice IMHO.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Kingsofclutch 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:00 pm

Has barely kicked a goal since the umps worked him out, didn't lay a tackle in the prelim or Grand Final, slow as a wet week, couldn't take a mark to save his life. The off field stuff is the least of his problems.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:03 am

Time to move to the forum reserved for players at other AFL clubs...
K 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:14 pm

K wrote:
McFly on SEN, Wednesday after GF:

"What does a winner look like? I don't know if a winner goes to the races the night before, I'm not sure.

We're all different, and I want to say if that makes you the best player you an be, go to the races. I don't want to be an old-school coach around that."

McFly on Luke Darcy's Empowering Leaders podcast (quoted in the Hun):

"I openly say I am on the fence if that's the right thing to do. I am probably erring that it's a poor decision to be made and hence why I said 'Read the room'.

But I am about accountability and about rewarding behaviour. I walked into this club and the first thing I said was, 'I am a winner and we are going to be winners'.

That can correlate in so many different angles. Are you a winner as a parent, as a dad, the way you open the door for someone in our environment? Or put your plate back after you have lunch.

They are winning behaviours. For me going to the races before grand final day, that's not being a winner and then you work around encouraging or discouraging behaviour."
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:51 pm

OMG i love Fly so much!!! what an amazing attitude!!

I was in the canon store in South Melbourne today, buying a new sports camera! The dude was a carlton supporter, and He was so full of praise for Fly, and the last 2 years our club has had!

hes just got the best attitude, and along with the laid back Jacquie, they get the players heads in the right positive place! All the coaches seem so positive, im just loving the club atmosphere right now!!!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:35 pm

https://www.afl.com.au/aflw/news/1057129/ginnivan-trade-uncovers-the-dark-side-of-footy-fandom-again

Quote:
Hosking and Schleicher open up on their worries about the impact that keyboard cowards might have on vulnerable players if they don't wake up to the damage caused by their social media slurs.
(my emphasis added)
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:04 pm

Ginnivan was one of 18 Collingwood players to play in all 6 Finals across 2022 and 2023. Not much point pretending he was "lucky" to be there on the day - plainly, the selection decisions show that he was always going to play at the pointy end (until Collingwood traded for a better model).
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:30 pm

Craig Kelly today:
Quote:
“The reality is, when Lachie Schultz came, when we saw that opportunity, Wrighty and the guys had those other conversations. I think Jack is loved by all of us, and loved by a lot of supporters, but the reality is he has got a four-year contract with the club (Hawthorn). He will go there and try and beat us up when he plays against us.

“He is a ripping guy, he is a lovely guy we had around the club, but there is a bigger opportunity for him, and he has got a secure contract for four years. It’s worked for him, and we have got Lachie Schultz coming into our program, and he is elite.”

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/stop-talking-rubbish-magpies-boss-defends-the-ginnivan-trade-20231101-p5egop.html
K 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:44 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
OK, but in all my years of following footy, I can never , ever recall, a Premiership player, departing his Club, a mere two weeks after playing in a Premiership side for that club, never heard it before. If you can recall one, please enlighten me Stui, cos I believe there never has been one in history. Confused Confused

Buddy, Brandon Ellis, Lycett, Suckling, Luke Jackson, Mark LeCras...

Err... No!!! Shocked

Melbourne won the flag on Sep. 25, 2021.

Jackson's trade to Freo was announced Oct. 10, 2022.

Don't remember the Suckling, LeCras trades...

Err... Wow!!! No again!!! Shocked

Now I know why I didn't remember the LeCras trade. There wasn't one! He just retired.

Wow. Just. Wow. Really don't wanna have to fact-check everything... Please tell me Suckling is a real example... (Yes.)

----------------------------------------------------

So Buddy is the one standout. The other three were very little fish. (Suckling was the sub.) And Buddy everyone "knew" was leaving. They just all got the club wrong!!!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:55 pm

Brandon Ellis became a Gold Coast Sun officially within just 7 days of playing in Richmond's 2019 premiership team. So, it doesn't really matter which way you cut it - there are plenty of examples that meet the "If you can recall one, please enlighten me" test.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 111, 112, 113  Next
Page 112 of 113   

Jump to: