Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Impeach Trump II - Revenge Served Cold

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:48 am
Post subject: Impeach Trump II - Revenge Served ColdReply with quote

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2021/jan/22/joe-biden-covid-coronavirus-strategy-donald-trump-impeachment-kamala-harris-live

Get your popcorn and toe-cutters ready, folks. It's on in the Senate, starting the week of 8 February.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Add to the Impeachment trial a swag of lawsuits against the Scumbag Trump: how sweet it is.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-12-23/trump-could-finally-testify-under-oath-in-lawsuit-filled-2021

This impressive lawyer has a high strike rate: go girl 😊

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/roberta-kaplan-lawyer-attorney-trump/2021/01/17/ae8890f2-50f8-11eb-bda4-615aaefd0555_story.html%3foutputType=amp

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:07 pm

Yawn. Another waste of oxygen
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:31 pm

With apologies to Bob: “You don’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/22/melania-trump-photo-snub-florida-white-house
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:38 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Are you talking about Trump and his enablers?They’re the biggest oxygen thieves we’ve ever seen.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:50 pm

I do think it's highly unlikely that the Senate will vote to convict, even though McConnell seems to be considering voting in favour and would presumably take a few with him if so. 17 out of 50 Republicans would be a lot considering that only 10 out of 200+ voted in favour in the House. My bet is that Romney, Murkowski and maybe a couple of others will vote in favour, but that McConnell won't join them and they'll fall well short of a two-thirds majority.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:58 pm

It should be funny, come what may.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:16 pm

I think it’s all up to McConnell.But who knows which way he’s going to jump?He’s such a devious character.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:28 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Are you talking about Trump and his enablers?They’re the biggest oxygen thieves we’ve ever seen.

No, I'm talking about the shreikers who have serious Trump issues

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

No, I'm talking about the shreikers who have serious Trump issues

You don’t think Trump and his crazy supporters have serious issues?I think you’re missing the big picture here and ignoring the elephant in the room.It all started with Trump trying to incite a riot that led to the deaths of five people.It’s not something that’s being created out of thin air just for the sake of it.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:57 pm

It's got nothing to do with revenge and everything to do with responsibility and accountability for a violent, dangerous Executive. The same people just continue to minimise and normalise Trump, excuse after excuse, reason after reason, expanding the moral hazard for more like him.

Efforts to diminish accountability for Trump's horror show are just another protectionism peddled by those whose sense of impunity and entitlement is reinforced each and every time they get away with it.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:48 am

pietillidie wrote:
The same people just continue to minimise and normalise Trump, excuse after excuse, reason after reason

Exactly. Stui has been at it for years, and turbocharged his efforts to defend and praise and excuse the inexcusable about 12 months ago when Trump started costing thousands of lives. Why? I have no idea.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:00 am

doriswilgus wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Quoted for truth. Right on. Hopefully he gets to face the consequences of his behaviour as do those who supported him.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:03 pm

Tannin wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
The same people just continue to minimise and normalise Trump, excuse after excuse, reason after reason

Exactly. Stui has been at it for years, and turbocharged his efforts to defend and praise and excuse the inexcusable about 12 months ago when Trump started costing thousands of lives. Why? I have no idea.

Yes dear, whatever dear. Rolling Eyes The only accurate piece there is you admitting you have no idea.

This impeachment is, like the first one, an exercise in grandstanding by Pelosi etc and schadenfrude by those suffering from TDS and just like the first one will ultimately fail.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:28 pm

watt price tully wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Quoted for truth. Right on. Hopefully he gets to face the consequences of his behaviour as do those who supported him.

Yes. Anyone would think it might be remotely arguable that anything Trump did or said about the election result while in office was acceptable.

These things, even without conviction by the Senate, are important. They cast light on that which occurred and force the remaining neo-Nazis in the Republican Party to hoist their colours to the mast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8   

Jump to: