Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

OUR Round 1 team will be ??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:10 pm
Post subject: Round 1 TeamReply with quote

I wrote the following on a group chat with my brother and a couple of other mates who are complete "perceptive fellow" and think we'll be wooden spooners this year!

We have to presume that Grundy will be BACK next year.... but if you go through the list we're actually not in that bad a shape... provided people don't get injured.

Mids - Grundy, Sidey, Pendles, Adams, Elliott, Daicos, Sier

Backs - Maynard, Roughhead, Madgen, Quaynor, Noble, Crisp, Moore

Forwards: DeGoey, Cox, Checkers, W. Kelly (ok unproven), Hoskin-Elliott (at a pinch), Howe, Ruscoe.

Sounds like a few of the newbies will be pushing for a spot round 1. Either way I see - injuries permitting - about 18 or 19 spots fairly straight forward. After that it's going to be interesting.... and may well dictate whether we have a good year or not.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be looking forward to seeing W. Kelly in the lineup.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:51 pm

Quaynor Roughead Maynard
Howe Moore Crisp

Daicos Sidebottom Mayne

Hoskin-Elliott Kelly Mihocek
DeGoey Cox Elliott

Grundy Pendlebury (c) Adams (vc)

I/C Noble Bianco Thomas Macrae

Notes:
Kelly over Cameron for his pace across the ground.
I've placed DeGoey forward. But guessing onball

Bianco - Class , chalk and cheese compared to C.B.

Macrae - outside role .. must invest in him (or Rantall)

------

(For me, Sier is Adams backup)

Ask me next week..and it may be different again lol
Stevo75 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:08 pm

Good pick up Lazza but I didn't do emergencies based on the fact we need 28-30 players capable of stepping up. I'd love to see some of the young blokes pushing for a spot. Considering form, match ups and dare I say the "I" word that line up would change. I just think we need to try something different this year and attack games head on. Imagine Adams, DeGoey and Maynard in at the opening centre bounce we'd never lose a clearance!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:15 pm

[quote="Pies4shaw"]You obviously read none of my comments about Treloar (my criticisms actually started in the August before we recruited him) or else your memory has failed you, extraordinarily badly.

Anyway, the point remains - where are we going to find a gun $900,000 mid who can get 8 kicks and have 5 clangers? It's a big ask.

There is a fair chance that Treloar will play (what passes for him as) a "blinder" against Collingwood. The notion, however, that getting rid of him could cost Collingwood a premiership is a very funny one.[/quote

To be fair, Treloar did have a rotten game v the Cats, but by gee, 90% of the team had a shocker in that dreadful Final, bascially we had nothing left in the tank, after the great win over Wet Toast. I dont dislike him for leaving, victim of the salary cap, plus i think the club thought he could not give his best, with his family living in Qld. As to whether he can do well at the Doggies, under that handicap, remains to be seen, i guess.. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:18 pm

Presti35 wrote:

Yes. and this kid McInnes, ive heard a lot about him, some fans are contemplating another "Riewoldt" type, but i dont think the poor kid needs that sort of pressure, now, bit silly, really. Surprised

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:27 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

Yes. and this kid McInnes, ive heard a lot about him, some fans are contemplating another "Riewoldt" type, but i dont think the poor kid needs that sort of pressure, now, bit silly, really. Surprised

You are right Piesnchess, unrealistic expectations only set you up for failure. Let the kid learn the AFL level game in the VFL before exposing him to senior football. I’d rather be patient with him than doing a “Josh Fraser” and stuffing him right up.

blakis 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:29 am

What i think the team will be is almost a carbon copy of the squad in our last game of 2020, with a couple of subs..... more fun though is what I'd like to see....

What I'd like to see as our starting 22 for next year.

FB: Quaynor - Roughead - Howe

CHB: Bianco - Moore - Crisp

C: Daicos - Pendlebury - Noble

CHF: Mihocek - Kelly - Elliott

FF: McCreery - Cox - Sidebottom

R: Grundy - De Goey - Maynard

I: Adams - T. Brown - Murphy - Keene - Hoskin-Elliott

Notes:
- JDG, Bruzz and Adams in the middle will start our version of the Bad Boys (chuck in big bodies for cameos through the year - thinking Sier, Levi, Elliott, Q and possibly even Reef if he can get up and running)
- There's nowhere else on the ground that Pendles can play, he's lost a lot of the pace in his legs and has never been the best mark. His value is in traffic and delivering the ball into 50.
- Daics and Noble component an elite disposal centre line delivering ball into 50. They've both got decent wheels too which has become a must for wingers.
- Adams is only on the bench due to balance, not because he'd see a reduction in game tune.
- Bianco is my pick of the untried recruits to have an impact this year. Another with elite level disposal. Delivering it on a plate from D50 would be ace.
- Half forwards to play as very high half forwards. With a plan to leave the F50 to Cox and two smart, natural small forwards to pick up the crumbs. Using Kelly and Checkers for the bail out kicks. Much more capable of getting back and forward quickly than Cox.
- Back 6 continues to be a huge strength for us. With plenty of height and dash, and good 1 on 1 skills.
- Big fan of T Brown, hoping he can continue to rise a lot this year, looking much stronger after the off season. Arms are heaps bigger.
- Murphy to have a bit of luck injury-wise so he can cobble some games together.
- Big ups on Keene who could end up as a faster replacement for Roughy (who I have lots of love for)
- Really hoping we get a glimpse of Wilson in at least a couple of games this year. Looks like he's shifted his whole body shape over the off season.
Time to go Eddie! Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:46 am

I’d like to see some more midfield grunt, which is what Crispy brings quite often when he’s switched on to the ball; Maynard likewise. I think we might have players for the back 6 to cover a possible switch to the midfield for him.

Noble Moore Maynard
Quaynor Roughead Howe
Sidebottom Crisp Daicos
Elliott Kelly Hoskin-Elliott
DeGoey Mihocek C. Brown
Grundy Pendlebury Adams
From: Cox, T.Brown, Greenwood, Mayne, Sier, Thomas, Cameron (and no doubt lots of others ....)

Cameron may eventually take Cox’s place because of his versatility around the ground. And will be great to have a fit Bear back in the team. Lots of upside to the team despite the large turnover at season’s end.

Go Pies!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:16 pm

^ Both good sides there, for sure, i would maybe like just one more kid in for his first game in Round 1, just one more, perhaps ? Im old enough to recall the late, great, Len Thompson, played his first ever game, as a skinny 17 yr old, in the heat of a Preliminary Final, v the Dons, and he did very well, too. !

Time to go Eddie! Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:53 pm

^ Yep, agree. Mine was very much on known talent, but the door should be open for anyone who impresses. Would be good to see
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:07 am

FB: Quaynor Madgen Maynard

CHB: Crisp Roughead Howe

C: Hoskin-Elliott Pendlebury Daicos

CHF: Elliott Moore Mihocek

FF: Sidebottom Cox Ruscoe

R: Grundy De Goey Adams

I: Sier, Greenwood, Mayne, T. Brown

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:51 am

^ So, no first gamers then, i think Hoskin -Elliott must be pretty vulnerable in that team, he had a really poor last season, and what about young Kelly ?

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:19 am

^Yeah I haven't seen enough of them to make that call. And sadly there is only one pre-season game too now I believe. I hope someone pops up.
WHE is on very thin ice. He scraped in. Again, not familiar enough with the newbies to identify a replacement.
Kelly was exciting in his first game. I hope he comes up through pre-season and earns another crack.
Who gets Treloar in Round 1? Will Bucks consider him a Tom Mitchell and let him run free?

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:47 pm

Totally agree in regards to WHE.
By the end of the season with a bit of luck and a whole lot of self belief as a player these guys have to be the next coming through. But only if there knocking that door down.
Keane
Wilson
Murphy
T Brown
Kelly
SIER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: