Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

OUR Round 1 team will be ??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a certain amount of the “unknown “ in selected side with Treloar and Flip almost certain starter in recent times —Stevo to a simalar situ

Thomas a real trier but a bit one trick pony will struggle to make R 1 let alone the season and here is where Mc Creery comes in

Josh no defensive skills. Mc Creery highest tackles in fwd 50 last year and a known goal kicker

So it will be a different 22 on R 1

Adz 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:08 pm

No Treloar, Adam’s and JDG will really hurt our midfield.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:08 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
B: Quaynor - Roughead - Crisp
HB: Maynard- Moore - Murphy

C: Daicos - Pendlebury - T. Brown
R: Grundy - Sier - Adams

HF: Ruscoe - Mihocek - Elliott
F: Sidebottom - Cox - JDG

INT: McCreery, Macrae, Mayne, Noble

EMG : Thomas, Greenwood, WHE, Madgen

INJ : expecting Howe & Kelly won't be ready and Adams only just

T.Brown being our next Centre apparent post Pendles. Rantell might put up his hand but he's a long way off yet.
In order to identify players that can run both ways, T.Brown and Daicos need to make the respective wings their own. In time I expect both to end up in the Roving / Ruck positions.

Sidey has to go forward to boost our scoring impact. Plodders like Thomas while a reliable kick, just won't kick bags and threaten in a final.

JDG is still our most potent forward. Rotate him through the midfield when required along with Elliott.

We weren't going to improve retaining Philips and Treloar we'd seen only glimpes of his best, not conistently damaging enough to move into the Centre.
Stephenson, we'll never know but give Ruscoe the opportunity to do what he did before injury, I suspect we won't be too disappointed.

In order to give the list a freshen up, I see McCreery and Macrae and Murphy will grab their opportunity with both hands, keeping pressure on the likes of WHE, Thomas, Greenwood.

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:34 pm

What about Henry LH? I thought he would be most likely of the new guys?
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:56 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
What about Henry LH? I thought he would be most likely of the new guys?

Not this year, built like an Arrowroot biscuit. All of the Victorian hopefuls missed a year of footy. McCreery played SANFL and is ready to go. Macrae while missing a year as well, from all reports is a fair way ahead of the other recruits.

We need a material reset the forward line and midfield. This comes from a blend of positional changes and injection of youth. Last years and the previous model ain't going to get us there.

The forward line scoring impact could be enhanced by putting Sidebottom forward, although I'm just not convinced he has the defensive attributes to round out the role effectively.
McCreery offers a blend of both.

The Midfields fortunes I expect will be decided by whether Pendles maintains his output and if Eskimo Joe (Sier) can make a consistent impact. JDG may well drift in and out of the middle but in doing so removes our most potent weapon forward of Centre.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:06 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Treloar and Stephenson must both be replaced from the team that played against Geelong in the last game of 2020. We will need an ornamental plant to take Stephenson's place but I expect that we will struggle to find another $900,000-a-year player who can have 8 kicks and 5 clangers in a final.

Those 8 kicks would be 1 more than Sidey had in the 2018 GF with the same disposal eff across the game
Short term memory loss or just turning a blind eye to what is now the most noticeable pattern of poor performances in big games seen in a long time by your pet SS ?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:57 pm

Adz wrote:
No Treloar, Adam’s and JDG will really hurt our midfield.

i believe treloar is playing, im betting the AFL will make him the show piece for the weekend!!!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:58 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Treloar and Stephenson must both be replaced from the team that played against Geelong in the last game of 2020. We will need an ornamental plant to take Stephenson's place but I expect that we will struggle to find another $900,000-a-year player who can have 8 kicks and 5 clangers in a final.

Those 8 kicks would be 1 more than Sidey had in the 2018 GF with the same disposal eff across the game
Short term memory loss or just turning a blind eye to what is now the most noticeable pattern of poor performances in big games seen in a long time by your pet SS ?

cmon now be fair, beams is gone, P4S needs a new player in the game

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:27 pm

It's been a very long time since Beams has been a player in any game (except , of course, the salary cap game).
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:29 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
It's been a very long time since Beams has been a player in any game (except , of course, the salary cap game).

i actually LOLed!!

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:39 am

Has there been any word on the potential make-up of our forward line this year? I would've thought with the improvement of Madgen and the return of Howe we could afford to play Moore in the forward line, because If go with a forward line that has Cox and Thomas in it again we're going to struggle.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:55 am

Sicks Bux wrote:
Has there been any word on the potential make-up of our forward line this year? I would've thought with the improvement of Madgen and the return of Howe we could afford to play Moore in the forward line, because If go with a forward line that has Cox and Thomas in it again we're going to struggle.

Oliver and Moore would be a consideration for parts of the season. Along with Rusco, mcgeery and kelly we could have a multitude of options in any given day. Unfortunately finding a way to fit in with the bucks way will be telling.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:37 pm

simon tonna wrote:
Sicks Bux wrote:

Oliver and Moore would be a consideration for parts of the season. Along with Rusco, mcgeery and kelly we could have a multitude of options in any given day. Unfortunately finding a way to fit in with the bucks way will be telling.

Whichever group Moore ( or others ) are working with, is the position he will play.
Kelly was trialling with the forwards before his setback, so the plan will be to play him forward.
Moore has been on a modified program, so I’m not sure which group he’s working with. I’m guessing you would continue an A A player in the position he was awarded that accolade.
The set plays and structures are so well drilled these days, you need a preseason with your group just to familiarise yourself with your team mates and the plays that go with each game day scenario.
The days of the Hail Mary switch from one end of the ground to the other ( within a game, not from one season to the next ) are few and far between.
You only really see it these days when a team is well behind on the scoreboard because there is already nothing further to lose.
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:34 pm

^Still I hope we try something different this year, because last year's forward line was quite dysfunctional. Although it looked a bit better when JDG came back.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:35 am

Sicks Bux wrote:
^Still I hope we try something different this year, because last year's forward line was quite dysfunctional. Although it looked a bit better when JDG came back.

But why was it dysfunctional? I don't think that very basic question has ever actually been answered. That is why it remained dysfunctional.
Was it because of the personnel?
Maybe. But if you have inferior personnel, why do you then move the ball
with the forward velocity of a snail? How will that give any chances whatsoever to your inferior personnel?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: