Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

"Do Better" review made public

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 50, 51, 52  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:46 am
Post subject: Re: "Do Better" review made publicReply with quote

robevpau1 wrote:
K wrote:
Quote:
While the report has only been made public today, the Collingwood board received it more than a month ago. ...

NewsCorp said the Board received it December 17.

It recommends an audit of the Board, so it's not surprising they sat on it.

Eddie resigning before its public release, fully aware of the consequences ...

You know he’s still president this year? He may have avoided a media circus and pressure to resign after the report (and he did that for the club, not just himself), but he won’t be avoiding the report fall out. How do you think our season would go with the media demanding Ed resign? It’s going to be hard enough with the pressure on Bucks.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The good thing is, the club arranged this audit on themselves and clearly got a strong detailed report back that hasn't been sanitised . Well done to the club, now to look at implementing things.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:04 am

<snip – player's name misattribution resolved. Thanks, David for BBMods.>

It’d help if players stood up, admitted they started and used the nickname, and apologise. Might be legal issues though.

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:07 am; edited 2 times in total
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:04 am

watt price tully wrote:
lihei wrote:
“Develop a clear pipeline for the development of talent from diverse communities into the club, and which proactively supports First Nations and people of colour into post-playing positions — particularly coaching — within the club and the AFL”

Let’s see CFC now turn into the token club ala South Africa cricket team. A decade (and more) ahead of idiocy now coming up for the club.

Wow, that’s your response to an independent review that finds systemic racism in the club as well as nothing in the report that exonerates the club from any alleged wrongdoing to Hetertier Lumumba?

So he is only allowed to comment upon the sections of the report that you want him to comment upon? He has commented upon one section of the report and pointed out, correctly, how a similar policy has severely hampered another sporting team's performance.
The General Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:09 am

I am so surprised, and glad, that this report did not come out the week before round 1. Usually the media sit on these things and wait for the right moment to release them.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:11 am

Copy of the full report here.

https://media.news.com.au/multimedia/2021/file.pdf

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:11 am

The General wrote:
I am so surprised, and glad, that this report did not come out the week before round 1. Usually the media sit on these things and wait for the right moment to release them.

Oh something will happen the week before round one. You can count on it.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:14 am

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
lihei wrote:
“Develop a clear pipeline for the development of talent from diverse communities into the club, and which proactively supports First Nations and people of colour into post-playing positions — particularly coaching — within the club and the AFL”

Let’s see CFC now turn into the token club ala South Africa cricket team. A decade (and more) ahead of idiocy now coming up for the club.

Wow, that’s your response to an independent review that finds systemic racism in the club as well as nothing in the report that exonerates the club from any alleged wrongdoing to Hetertier Lumumba?

So he is only allowed to comment upon the sections of the report that you want him to comment upon? He has commented upon one section of the report and pointed out, correctly, how a similar policy has severely hampered another sporting team's performance.

Yes indeed. A bizarre comment given:

1. The enormity and gravitas of the report; and,
2. She / he / they put a most negative speculative consequence

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:16 am

The report is a good thing. Confront the past to build a better future. It doesn’t mean everyone at the club today and everyone who supports the club is a racist, so we need to step back from that reaction.

At least ABC is praising Collingwood for doing the report, and had a dig at the AFL for not doing anything. Can’t wait to see Seven’s response. Haha, here I am reacting to the media like the club does rather than addressing the issue, 😂
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:39 am

Should've happened atleast 10 years ago...
Adz 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:40 am

The club needs to “build back better”.

God this going to suck. They are going to ramp up the virtue signalling ten fold aren’t they?
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:52 am

BEAMER09 wrote:
Should've happened atleast 10 years ago...

Yep. I think with the coach handover, and Lumumba leaving, they honestly thought they could put it behind them and move on. Thing is, when Lumumba spoke in front of everyone, and the nickname stopped (according to McCaffer), they were probably right in thinking it had been dealt with and they could move on. Today, you can’t handle these issues like that. Obviously in retrospect, Lumumba should have been given more support (which clubs do implement these days with a club psychologist).
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:00 am

Adz wrote:
The club needs to “build back better”.

God this going to suck. They are going to ramp up the virtue signalling ten fold aren’t they?

Im not sure whats more embarrassing, or concerning, the report or posts like this.

I paid my legends in full, not sure where i go from here TBH. I can look back at my posts here, and see where i have changed, Australia Day being changed for one, I really think it should be. Its called growth and not hurting people when it can be avoided. The whole Treloar saga has really really left a bad taste, the dishonesty, it never ended. How can we trust the club? I fear a very big broom is needed, bigger than what has gone through so far. Culture? WTAF. Instead of paying money to a spin doctor to sort the look of this mess to the public, pay someone who will assist in actual reconciliation. Do i still think Harry is playing it for what he can? absolutely, his behaviour should also be examined, but in truth I dont know what avenues he explored before he went public. Was this the only way?

As for the token South African cricket team stuff, i really hope thats not the reason. I brainwashed my children black and white, i dont deny it, dont make me regret it. Just a little good news would be much appreciated. Its really easy to stop people speaking negatively about you or your organisation, stop doing bad shit! I really thought the coach brought class with him, but this happened on his watch. surely the most important person in the club? The most influential. Im not saying its all his fault, im saying im very disillusioned right now.

Meanwhile Stevo, a once in a life time talent, is at North Melbourne, a club i cared little about, a club who is currently pulling out all stops to save the life of a junior staffer, my daughters best friend, who is also a Collingwood supporter since birth. Ive never ever had a second team. I do now.

I cant wait for footy, as per usual, but OMG, make this shit stop. Fix it properly, dont spin our way out of it, no matter the pain, or cash it takes, now.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:34 am

Stevo’s a [deleted] who’s lucky Geoff Walsh convinced North to trade for him.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:34 am

Ensure the development and implementation of an employment strategy that values diversity and reports against KPIs. This includes the player group and the coaching staff

Buckley's 2022 Review.
Panel: So Bucks how do you think you did last year?
Buckley: Well, we lost 20 games straight, but all the players now call it Invasion Day and one guy did come out of the closet as gay so I'd say we're on the right path.
Panel: 5 more years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 2 of 52   

Jump to: