Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie Gone

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
WHO leaked the report anyway, to a rabid Press, THAT is the most pertienent question ???? WHO ??

It was poorly handled period. Why not say we have the report and in due course we will release it and give a date. In the meantime prepare a plan that demonstrates how you're achieving each of the 18 recommendations.

However by not releasing it they gave the impression that they were hiding it. It was suprisingly inept management of the report. They could have controlled the narrative.

Then again I'm an associate professor of hindsight Wink

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:03 am

watt price tully wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
WHO leaked the report anyway, to a rabid Press, THAT is the most pertienent question ???? WHO ??

It was poorly handled period. Why not say we have the report and in due course we will release it and give a date. In the meantime prepare a plan that demonstrates how you're achieving each of the 18 recommendations.

However by not releasing it they gave the impression that they were hiding it. It was suprisingly inept management of the report. They could have controlled the narrative.

Then again I'm an associate professor of hindsight Wink

Maybe the club was assessing any legal action, litigation, that could be taken over the report, and were holding onto it until all avenues were investigated, maybe that was the reason ? Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:15 am

Hindsight. I have absolutely no doubt at least a few other clubs, if not all, have similar stories, it’s not a club thing, not a footy thing, for me it’s generational, it’s how we were brought up to an extent, even though we know better, for example in a couple of generations it will hopefully be a lot easier for gay people to enjoy life. I can see how my very free spirited kids think differently than I do, they have friends of all colours and persuasions, well that’s what I see, but they just see friends. I envy that.

The mistake was doing the review. Because sadly there is such a culture of its you not me, dig the boots in to anyone trying to be better, being honest, tall poppy syndrome, and getting a headline for the sake of it. Dragging up the past should be done in house, not because you have something to hide but because the world, especially in journalism is all about sensationalism and headlines and they don’t care how many bodies drop in the process.

I’m so pissed off. I watched 5 min of the news last night, the night before I cried , last night I got angry, I cleaned the pool the backyard, all downstairs, cleaned out the pantry and rearranged my studio gear! I finished at 11.30pm. I’ll watch again tonight so I can do upstairs!

Bullies. Bastards. It’s us against them.

And our gutless sponsors are a pathetic bunch of bastards. The club doing the right thing, being honest, cops the shit. What a $$%^%%$ world we live in.

maurs64 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:46 am

Heritier being interviewed again on ABC with Virginia Trioli sometime this morning. Will be interesting to hear his response to Eddie's resignation
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:08 am

A couple of articles with a different perspective to the click bait:

https://nit.com.au/collingwood-actions-not-words/

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/challenge-the-behaviour-support-the-individual-indigenous-leader-backs-mcguire-20210210-p571be.html

lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:14 am

maurs64 wrote:
Heritier being interviewed again on ABC with Virginia Trioli sometime this morning. Will be interesting to hear his response to Eddie's resignation

There’s a circle jerk if ever I’ve heard one.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:38 am

Piesnchess wrote:

Someone that wanted to stir things up and to cause trouble. I doubt that Eddie was the target. He had already resigned. My gut feel is that it was someone seeking to advance the "racism" agenda. That doesn't necessarily mean that it was leaked from within the club.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:46 am

While it's sad that things have ended this way for Mcguire, he really should've gone years ago. 23 years as president is way too long and generally only seen in 3rd world banana republics. He may have started with good intentions but soon turned into a megalomaniac driven by ego and greed. All the good he did for the club and community will forever be overshadowed by 'racism' and his handling of it; the continual gaffes; always putting his foot in it; offending minority groups, the disabled, women, indigenous people. That's not how anyone should behave let alone a president of our football football club, so he kind of dug his own grave in a way. The more he behaved this way the more ammunition he gave the media and community to turn against him and the club. What about all the captain's calls over the years? Jobs for mates.. The disgraceful handling of the coaching handover? Buckley has been an absolute failure but he'd take that over seeing him go elsewhere.

I appreciate all he and the club have achieved in helping the community and I doubt any other president or club has had that much input but we'll forever be known as a racist club now and that reputation doesn't look like going away any time soon. The good thing about him leaving now is that the club or board can properly recruit someone rather than Mcguire appointing another mate. This has been an ongoing problem for a while now. One man should not have so much power and influence at a club and over others. Our club has not been a democratic environment for years.

I'm glad he's gone but I don't like the circumstances in which it's happened. I hope our next president is equally as committed and determined to implement the changes needed as outlined in the report. What's interesting is that we already had some in place, but that doesn't sell papers. I really hope our club can recover quickly from this and move forward cos I'm sick to death of seeing us in the headlines for all the wrong reasons. I would not have been surprised if Buckley's contract was extended this year by Mcguire; now with him gone, Buckley has to answer to the board and can't expect a big tick from Mcguire every year.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:09 am

Dark Beanie wrote:
A couple of articles with a different perspective to the click bait:

https://nit.com.au/collingwood-actions-not-words/

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/challenge-the-behaviour-support-the-individual-indigenous-leader-backs-mcguire-20210210-p571be.html

Thanks for that Dark Beanie. I hope they start making the rounds. I wish Mifsud's voice here could have been heard earlier.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:23 am

maurs64 wrote:

i heard some of it, most of it was just garbled rubbish, hes said so many times before. H also tweeted, the ABC 24 news said, an hour ago, that Eddies resignation was all a sham, delusional, was worse even than the Proud press conference. I am now officially done with this childish jerk, done with him. He clearly has serious issues of vindictiveness, hate, revenge. He just wont let it go, and move on, does not matter what we do, say, reach out, offer, do an internal report, expose ourselves like NO other Club has to such scrutiny, and hes still pissing and moaning. H has become a bully now, just out to see the destruction of the Collingwood FC, and nothing less. H will never ever be satisfied, i hope he stays in L A forever, and never attempts to come back to the Club again, ever. Rolling Eyes

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:38 am

^If Lumumba says that he's happy with the report, happy with the changes that the club has put in place (and is putting into place), is at peace now
that Eddie has been sacrified to the gods of wokeness then who, in the media, wants to hear from Lumumba?
As long as he's perpetually outraged, as long as he's a victim, he has a platform and he has attention.

p.s. Lumumba has every right not to reconcile with the club. I'm commenting on how the media and activism works.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:55 am

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
^If Lumumba says that he's happy with the report, happy with the changes that the club has put in place (and is putting into place), is at peace now
that Eddie has been sacrified to the gods of wokeness then who, in the media, wants to hear from Lumumba?
As long as he's perpetually outraged, as long as he's a victim, he has a platform and he has attention.

p.s. Lumumba has every right not to reconcile with the club. I'm commenting on how the media and activism works.

BUT, he was asked, "are YOU satisfied now?" and he just let rip with his usual vengeful spin, same old, de ja vu. Surprised

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:01 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:

I don't agree with you at all. I thought it was about advancing the cause of indigenous Australians in this country. If that was the case he would have cooperated with the inquiry but he chose not to participate. How do achieve change without cooperation? Answer that. This has always been personal. If you don't think so what do you think his chances of donating a portion of his payout from his lawsuit against the CFC to Aboriginal causes will be. We're all being taken for a ride. The circumstances around his departure from the CFC should tell you what sort of a person he is. Two years later his time was up at Melbourne as soon as his contract expired.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:11 pm

H will never be satisfied until the club is gone.
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:28 pm

Cam wrote:
H will never be satisfied until the club is gone.

I wont be satisfied until H is gone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 23 of 32   

Jump to: