Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie Gone

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-18/eddie-mcguire-speaks-after-leaving-collingwood/13257496

Quote:
He said he spoke to board member Jodie Sizer before making the statement and she agreed the club should make clear that it was proud of the progress being made.

I didn't follow the media shitstorm around the "proud" comment too closely as I considered it a beat up.
Can someone please advise, did Jodie Sizer defend Eddie or try and put his comments into context or did she go missing in action?
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:42 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Probably. Although, most people I meet eventually call me that, for one reason or another. Wink
I know I do...
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:20 pm

Et tu, Brute? Shocked Laughing
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:17 pm

Eddie handled himself very well indeed, under intense questions from Caro, i have NO doubt he meant Proud, as in , proud that we are, and are still, the first club to undergo such an vast internal review, into racism. He was good for us Eddie but hes gone now, just a one eyed fan, as he said, and the Club moves on, too a new era. I wish him well.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:58 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Et tu, Brute? Shocked Laughing

toi

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:07 pm

McGuire didn’t spend his time off self reflecting. Apparently everyone misunderstood him and he is still playing the victim. Anyway that chapter is over, and unfortunately he was too focussed on hanging on to power and defending himself to put in place a succession plan.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:58 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
McGuire didn’t spend his time off self reflecting. Apparently everyone misunderstood him and he is still playing the victim. Anyway that chapter is over, and unfortunately he was too focussed on hanging on to power and defending himself to put in place a succession plan.

Graceless. I do not understand how any Collingwood supporter doesn't understand just how fantastic this guy has been for the club.

I suspect you'll understand better with the passage of time.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:08 am

The "proud" comment was taken the wrong way, but he made it so easy for
exactly that to occur.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:19 am

Redlight wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:

Graceless. I do not understand how any Collingwood supporter doesn't understand just how fantastic this guy has been for the club.

I didn’t say he wasn’t, during his 23 years, good for the club - he was. But it didn’t have to end like that. In the end it was all about him as the victim and he still doesn’t get it. He shaped his own demise, and for the club’s sake, should have been thinking succession.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:13 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:

I didn’t say he wasn’t, during his 23 years, good for the club - he was. But it didn’t have to end like that. In the end it was all about him as the victim and he still doesn’t get it. He shaped his own demise, and for the club’s sake, should have been thinking succession.

He'd already announced his departure date, so it's not like he was there for life.

I suspect he would've spent the year securing the best available president. It wouldn't shock me if some on the board wanted him gone early so that they could protect their own ambitions (cough Murphy, cough, cough).
K 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:37 pm

Redlight wrote:
I suspect he would've spent the year securing the best available president. It wouldn't shock me if some on the board wanted him gone early so that they could protect their own ambitions (cough Murphy, cough, cough).

Korda, Murphy & Licuria are said to have moved against him.

His idea of the best available president would probably just have been someone like himself. (Which is probably still how many companies hire folks.)
K 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:39 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Can someone please advise, did Jodie Sizer defend Eddie or try and put his comments into context or did she go missing in action?

Her job is not actually to defend Eddie...
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:21 pm

K wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:

Her job is not actually to defend Eddie...

"Side by side we stick together, to uphold The Magpies name."
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:31 am

K wrote:
Redlight wrote:

Korda, Murphy & Licuria are said to have moved against him.

His idea of the best available president would probably just have been someone like himself. (Which is probably still how many companies hire folks.)

Just as Murphy and Korda's idea would be someone like themselves.

I would prefer someone like Eddie. You know, a Collingwood diehard with roots in our working class history, an understanding of supporter culture, a high degree of media savvy and contacts everywhere. Including deep inside AFL house.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:55 am

My key candidate would be James Clement, unfortunately he lives in WA and I doubt he'll be jumping ship from the Fremantle board and flying over here to save us...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 28 of 32   

Jump to: