Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie Gone

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

magpieazza wrote:
Its a hard decision to let Buckley go, as he has some admirable qualities as a coach.

Question is who would you replace him with ?

People are too dismissive of 2018 and IMO it was ours if it wasnt for a rubbish umpiring moment. Bux needs credit for that year.

Giving him a totally fresh group of assistants around him and give him 2 more years would be a sensible option , IMHO.

That's why we have a football department. To interview and make that decision. It shouldn't be up to "us" to determine that.

We don't see the presentation coaches give. The next Alistair Clarkson is waiting for a chance to win 3 flags Let's hope it's our football department that identified and recruits him.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:59 pm

magpieazza wrote:

People are too dismissive of 2018 and IMO it was ours if it wasnt for a rubbish umpiring moment. Bux needs credit for that .

Firstly if you think the free kick was the difference then you need to take those rose coloured glasses off. Remember we led that game by 5 goals and lost it a long while before that when we tried to save it.

Anyway many people gave Buckley the credit for that season because of his management but it looks like since 2019 he has regressed back to old ways. The other 1 I hear is that we got within a kick of a GF in 2019 but for me that was the day that I lost hope in Bucks. Poor day at the office and I am not sure of the preparation either. After the way we lost in 2018 GF you would have thought redemption would have been at the forefront for each player involved they came up against a half cooked Giants team without many of their best midfielders cabs we approached that game like a preseason hitout thinking it was just going to happen.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:19 pm

I guess none of us are going to change our opinions J26. I understand the frustrations of our supporters at our lack of flag success, and it's natural that the coach is the one who feels the heat under those circumstances.

However, to my mind we have lacked a reliable power forward for the past 6-7 yrs. You can't win a flag without one imo. The fact that Bux has got us so close without one is testament to his coaching prowess to my mind. That's why I'm hoping that Darcy Moore will flourish as our key forward. As well, the exciting bunch of youngsters like McCreery, Macrae, Rantall, Kelly and others give me hope that we are not as far away from being contenders as most people seem to think. I see this year as a very quick re-set so we can have a red hot go next season. I'm hoping Bucks will be at the helm next year, but only time will tell.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:27 pm

RB, we lack a power forward because the Coach doesn't want one. I can't understand how you can't see that.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:30 pm

Pro Buckley will simply see 2018-2019 era plus an Elimination final win. The rest see the entire 10 years. Simply for me it is since he dismantled the team in 2013 to build his own. It might not be entirely Buckley’s fault but he is the head coach and I believe he has enough say in the formation of the list. But simply we haven’t been able to build a premiership list and as P4S says it’s more because of the unwillingness to draft and fill holes in our list.

FFS we haven’t drafted a indigenous small forward of any note in the complete time Buckley has been in charge when we have been crying out for 1. It’s almost testament to Bucks that we nearly won a flag with no key tall back and key forwards drafted as Cat B rookies. We gave him credit for that but has he absolutely got the best out of everyone over his time 2018-2019 is a small sample over 10 years.

Who’s too say a new voice might not yet get the best out of JDG or maybe Sier. If Bucks stays these 2 are likely to get traded out.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:47 pm

magpieazza wrote:
Its a hard decision to let Buckley go, as he has some admirable qualities as a coach.
Tremendous ! He has some un-named admirable qualities. So did Murray Weideman.

Question is who would you replace him with ?
This is the most unimaginative drivel that gets spouted out on here and has been answered xy'000s of times.

People are too dismissive of 2018 and IMO it was ours if it wasnt for a rubbish umpiring moment. Bux needs credit for that year.
100% agree.

Giving him a totally fresh group of assistants around him and give him 2 more years would be a sensible option , IMHO.
Why?? - so they can work their asses off to achieve the impossible, then get sacked, and Sando and Banger take the spoils. No way ! Get ....
... Of
f

The fact that 2018 happened with the 3 fresh assistants and the club falls apart when Budda and Longmire are not there surely enforces the point that he can't do the job.

Now back on topic. The best thing Ed can do for this football club is ignore us and do his core job - footy journalism.
The Geelong method of packaging rewards to attract and retain players needs to be investigated, explained and exposed.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:18 pm

BEAMER09 wrote:
K wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Sam McClure said on Footy Classified ...

He is timid. As you would have seen, when he spoke of Collingwood's "list management debacle", Eddie went berserk. Eddie babbled about almost winning the flag in '18, about "one of the greatest finals victories" against WC last year, blah, blah, blah...

And McClure just backed down. He shouldn't have. He should have fired straight back. He should have told Eddie none of that has anything to do with list management. He should have put it to Eddie that something's gone wrong if you're paying multiple players to play for other clubs or not to play at all.

Oh... I now see this has been commented on in another thread.

Jezza wrote:
McGuire's spin and deflection on Footy Classified was nauseating.

Just own up and admit the club bungled the salary cap hence the fire sale we had last year.

No wonder this club CANNOT win GF's.

The club has been a debacle for over 60 years in trying to win GF's and someone was needed to address it. We hoped Ed but obviously not after 20 odd years.

I'm sick and tired of the Collingwood Leaders of the spin telling supporters that we played in a GF, we played in a PF, we came within a kick, we had one of the great wins interstate blah blah blah and then Ed topped it off by saying that success is not all about winning premierships. Interestingly, in recent years, Ed does bring up anymore about the most members signed up - wonder why?

Here are some facts:-
Hey Ed - We always play in Finals.

Hey Ed - We always play great Finals games interstate or home and win.

Hey Ed - No problems in winning PF's either.

Hey Ed - We always make GF's and for this club it's easy, not hard.

But Ed - how about WINNING Grand Finals. That's the main game and that's the issue so don't give me all the crap above as we ALL very well know that.

So Ed, we have Leaders at this Club defining success as per above but not winning GF's. This mentality probably explains the last 60 odd years.

Through the 80's, 90's etc, you hear all these other clubs talking about building a team to WIN a GF. I've heard Carlton, Essendon, Hawthorn, Geelong etc, as these club Leaders talk like that but I've never heard Collingwood Leaders talk like that (I could be wrong). All we get is this rubbish talk about making Finals and winning great Finals but not GF's. Not Good Enough and Enough is Enough.

FMyou know what......... yes Ed, winning premierships equals success and that's how great clubs are defined and judged and obviously you think otherwise.

We don't work hard to earn a dollar to give to Collingwood to do everything else in and around the club except win premierships. What rubbish!!! Understand what happens and what you need in the backend but please do not tell me that you don't define premierships as the ultimate aim that does equal success!!!

Sam is right. It is a debacle and can only happen to Collingwood.

This is the perfect response. I don’t follow Collingwood for the good we do in the community. I follow Collingwood to see that win flags. Nothing more nothing less. I’m sick of accepting mediocrity.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:13 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
RB, we lack a power forward because the Coach doesn't want one. I can't understand how you can't see that.

Are you referring to Bucks, the coach caught on camera jumping over a back fence down the Mornington peninsula, after a ‘secret’ meeting with Lynch? The fact is Bucks was desperate to land Lynch, but our list management team had already spent our dosh on Mayne and Beams.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:27 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Are you referring to Bucks, the coach caught on camera jumping over a back fence down the Mornington peninsula, after a ‘secret’ meeting with Lynch? The fact is Bucks was desperate to land Lynch, but our list management team had already spent our dosh on Mayne and Beams.

Bet Lynch is heartbroken he didn't get here..

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:29 pm

He left the Club as a Laughing Stock
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:37 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

Kicked 0.0 in their weekend capitulation... played 2 okay games out of 6 this year. Imagine how poorly he would be doing with our supply

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:00 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

Kicked 0.0 in their weekend capitulation... played 2 okay games out of 6 this year. Imagine how poorly he would be doing with our supply

It's more likely he would probably be out injured, or if fit, being played out of position.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:01 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

It's more likely he would probably be out injured, or if fit, being played out of position.

Ruck no doubt...

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:08 pm

^ not far from the truth. Bucks for whatever reason thinks a backup ruck can be an effective forward.

Q Lynch
J White
M Cox
D Cameron

He sure does prefer a jack of all trades, master of none as his KPF.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
Page 32 of 32   

Jump to: