Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Thank you, Eddie

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spazza Aries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think say's a lot when my one eyed Carlton mate say's "I wish wish had Eddie"!... I think that speaks volumes. Thanks Eddie and good luck.......
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:47 pm

Lump in the throat? i cried buckets.

Thankyou Eddie, i still have the autographed pic of you and my kids, you always had time for the fans. Im so sorry that they bullied you out. Side By Side, always xxx

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:43 pm

think positive wrote:
Lump in the throat? i cried buckets.

Thankyou Eddie, i still have the autographed pic of you and my kids, you always had time for the fans. Im so sorry that they bullied you out. Side By Side, always xxx

Yes T P, i teared up a bit myself, you could see it was really very very emotional for him, he truly loves the Magpies with all his heart, but he knew the media bastards would not ease up, on the Club, so he took one for the team, for the Club he loves, so it wont hinder our season. That took a man, a real man, to do that, and thats what he is. Collingwood would not even exist, if it were not for him, 20 yrs ago, we all know that. THATS his legacy, not all this stuff going on now. ! Farewell Ed, u will be missed. Side by Side.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:31 am

Hey Nicksters - once this has settled down what might be a Nick's based tribute that we could provide for the great man?

Eddie has had his issues with Nick's over the years, and though he has his flaws like all of us, its unlikely we would be the proud, standalone, powerhouse club we are today without him.

It would be a terrific thing to show him a specifically Nick's-based tribute for his ceaseless toil on our behalf over the years.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:54 am

Great idea
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:05 am

Eddie was the best president we ever had, I remember he bought me a beer in Adelaide when I flew over for the game as a poor student. I promise to to return the favour Ed if we cross paths again. There will never be a another president who bleeds the colours like him. Not sure if he reads Nicks anymore I think he lost his password which is a another reason I love him (maybe joffa can ask him to read nicks). GO PIES and FLOREAT PICA !!
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:37 am

^^ I was thinking an online letter for everyone to write their thanks. Would need to be moderated though to delete the trolls

Still haven’t seen any players tweet anything
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:29 am

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Hey Nicksters - once this has settled down what might be a Nick's based tribute that we could provide for the great man?

Eddie has had his issues with Nick's over the years, and though he has his flaws like all of us, its unlikely we would be the proud, standalone, powerhouse club we are today without him.

It would be a terrific thing to show him a specifically Nick's-based tribute for his ceaseless toil on our behalf over the years.

Great idea. What about a fundraising effort to buy him a gift from Nicks?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:13 pm

Thanks also to both Peter Gordon, and Peter Moore, who said some terrific things about Eddie today on radio. And the great Peter McKenna, who also said a lot of true things.

i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:56 pm

Thank you for making our club the greatest sporting club in Australia.

I remember the old Vic Park, and the state of the club at the time you took over. I'll always be grateful for your efforts over the last two decades.

Floreat Pica!

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:02 pm

i hate carlton wrote:
Thank you for making our club the greatest sporting club in Australia.

I remember the old Vic Park, and the state of the club at the time you took over. I'll always be grateful for your efforts over the last two decades.

Floreat Pica!

We had to leave Vic Park, but the last game there was just about my saddest day involving football. Not because we were not competitive on that day, but because after years of fantastic memories at our home, it was over. I don't feel like we have a home any more. That was part of a move into blandness, where we became just like everyone else.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:05 pm

I'd also like to thank Eddie for his fine contribution to the club, he is truly a club legend so have no doubt.

Like all men his time was here and now its gone, have no doubt no one man will ever be bigger than Collingwood itself but there are a few men who's legacy's shall forever be enshrined alongside it - Eddie is such a man.

Floreat Pica

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:39 pm

^ Well said Wolfie, Eds legacy will live on, his real legacy, not the last two rotten weeks, he will be fondly remembered in years too come. I wonder if he could come onto the Board oneday, when the smoke has cleared from all this, say in 2-3 years time ?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:57 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

Good idea. My suggestion, keep it simple. Put on a picture on Nicks, ideally where people will see it like the BB home page, a mugshot of Ed like a footy card or his profile when he used to post here.

Caption it PRES. then the detail, Eddie McGuire Collingwood President date from date to, and finish it with a salutation like "Thanks Ed, best... president... EVER, love from Nicks. Side by Side, Floreat Pica "

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:20 pm

cannot be replaced - hope to continue seeing him in the crowd. Best we ever had.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: