Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Thank you, Eddie

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
i hate carlton wrote:
Thank you for making our club the greatest sporting club in Australia.

I remember the old Vic Park, and the state of the club at the time you took over. I'll always be grateful for your efforts over the last two decades.

Floreat Pica!

We had to leave Vic Park, but the last game there was just about my saddest day involving football. Not because we were not competitive on that day, but because after years of fantastic memories at our home, it was over. I don't feel like we have a home any more. That was part of a move into blandness, where we became just like everyone else.

Mate i loved Vic Park too, was a teenager when went there for many games, heaps of matches, so many wonderful memories, like the day we set fire to the Dons floggers, i was right behind that, the ground was like sardines, think it was bout 1972, i do recall i was very cool then, real long hair, tight arse jeans, R M Williams rodeo boots, body shirt, cravat, pirate belt, yeh cool dude. Laughing But we had to leave, we outgrew the old gal, sure we won heaps of games there, but it was kinda like the Cats now, we were not used to the G, and come Finals, we got pantsed usually, so we had to get too the ground where the big Finals are played. And for more members too. comfort, etc, we had too move, sad, but was necessary, we had to modernise. We still play some games there, like VFL and AFLW, but on that note, does the VFL still exist, or did covid virus lead to its demise. ? Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:51 am

Like many of us more senior supporters here, I suspect that we remember too well the dire situation Collingwood FC was in when Eddie took the helm. He navigated a way through very bleak times to develop a powerhouse club, underwritten by record sponsorship deals with the biggest multi-national organisation in the world. Eddie clearly had a vision for the club that was brought to fruition and culminated in the ultimate prize - Premiership glory. Despite how things ended Ed should always be remembered for his massive contribution to the success of this club and for that, I will be eternally grateful.
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:46 pm

Thank you Eddie, you have achieved many great things for this club. Best of luck for the future. Very Happy
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:01 am

I dont believe Eddie is racist and you can tell by his open mindedness and just his general nature. Yes he said some things that were not right. He is human. I believe in seeing the good in people and giving people a second chance. Eddie has done too much good in this world and Im pretty sure he will sleep well at night once the dust has settled.

One thing for sure is true, if you keep searching for the bad in a person you will eventually find it.

If we are going to get through racism and discrimination and sexism and etc etc you will need a forgiving attitude and lots of understanding both black and white, no one is better than the other person.

Good luck Eddie and hopefully you will be back soon helping people .

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:12 am

magpieazza wrote:
I dont believe Eddie is racist and you can tell by his open mindedness and just his general nature. Yes he said some things that were not right. He is human. I believe in seeing the good in people and giving people a second chance. Eddie has done too much good in this world and Im pretty sure he will sleep well at night once the dust has settled.

One thing for sure is true, if you keep searching for the bad in a person you will eventually find it.

If we are going to get through racism and discrimination and sexism and etc etc you will need a forgiving attitude and lots of understanding both black and white, no one is better than the other person.

Good luck Eddie and hopefully you will be back soon helping people .

Well said Magpieazza. Nice words 👍

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: