Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The AGM

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:44 pm
Post subject: The AGMReply with quote

Make no jokes about it, tomorrow night is a pathetic excuse for an opportunity to let members have their rightful say in the affairs of our Club. Zoom meetings with pre loaded questions are no way of making Clubs adequately accountable for our shocking season performance; let alone the latest outrages with the handling of this racism issue. Our Club has suffered for too long with a rotten culture that treats members as a nuisance. We have had a culture whereby the power elites consider themselves as the owners rather than the custodians. The issues around the recent trade contract salary farce, memberships packs paid for well before Christmas still not arriving, Membership telephone and online support resources being totally inadequate, no Social Club, the scandal of a Club Commissioned report subjecting us to public ridicule and uncontrolled media attacks, etc, etc, etc. What next? I am sick of the way we are treated like crap and simply taken for granted. Arrogance and Ego will always result in bad news for members. The Club needs to call a special face to face meeting at earliest opportunity to compensate us for the useless Zoom effort tomorrow night and the marketing meetings guised as AGM’s for the last twenty years. Members treated like mushrooms has resulted in the dislike of our Administration and the condemnation of our leaders. Let’s get control of our Club and ensure from now on members have a genuine say.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

About time you ran for President, aint it Hiss, theres a vacancy at the end of this year, think bout it, hey ?

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:12 pm
Post subject: Re: The AGMReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Make no jokes about it, tomorrow night is a pathetic excuse for an opportunity to let members have their rightful say in the affairs of our Club. Zoom meetings with pre loaded questions are no way of making Clubs adequately accountable for our shocking season performance; let alone the latest outrages with the handling of this racism issue. Our Club has suffered for too long with a rotten culture that treats members as a nuisance. We have had a culture whereby the power elites consider themselves as the owners rather than the custodians. The issues around the recent trade contract salary farce, memberships packs paid for well before Christmas still not arriving, Membership telephone and online support resources being totally inadequate, no Social Club, the scandal of a Club Commissioned report subjecting us to public ridicule and uncontrolled media attacks, etc, etc, etc. What next? I am sick of the way we are treated like crap and simply taken for granted. Arrogance and Ego will always result in bad news for members. The Club needs to call a special face to face meeting at earliest opportunity to compensate us for the useless Zoom effort tomorrow night and the marketing meetings guised as AGM’s for the last twenty years. Members treated like mushrooms has resulted in the dislike of our Administration and the condemnation of our leaders. Let’s get control of our Club and ensure from now on members have a genuine say.

Some say old jokes are the best jokes. Frankly, they’re wrong.

i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:41 pm

Voting rights for members would resolve many of these issues.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:01 pm
Post subject: ReplyReply with quote

Look all I want is the best for the Collingwood members. They deserve respect and a say in their Club. Let’s not allow trolls on here to diminish that message with their cheap nasty vitriol in response to my post. This issue is too important to have pathetic comments that attack me and ignore the message. The Club must stop denying ordinary members a vote and ensure open transparent dialogue is had where questions without notice at public meetings are given time to be heard.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:12 pm

i hate carlton wrote:

I thought we still had voting rights?

I have been a social club member since we were still at Vic Park.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:21 pm

McGuire apologises for yesterday's comments.

Dayne Beams, Nathan Brown, Ben Reid and Heath Shaw are given life memberships.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:52 pm

Jodie Sizer and Paul Licuria have been re-elected to the board unanimously.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:55 pm

Thanks Jezza, that’s great of you to do 👍
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:14 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Thanks Jezza, that’s great of you to do 👍

Cheers.

There wasn't anything else of significance to note.

i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:18 pm

Some excellent observations on the need for board renewal and democracy at our club, by ABC Journo and Pies tragic Barry Cassidy..

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/eddie-still-doesn-t-get-it-pies-can-t-rebuild-from-a-position-of-denial-20210202-p56ytt.html

"The historical problem is that virtually for 20 years the club has not had an election for the board. McGuire and presumably the board decide for themselves who they need, and they appoint them.

That has meant a succession of board members who owed their places to McGuire. Is that why after all his casual references to racism, he was never called to account? If he was, that was never communicated to the membership. And so it was repeated.

Just as the self-indulgent constant fights and conflicts were allowed to go on. It’s time for a bit of democracy."

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:19 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
i hate carlton wrote:

Have you ever had the opportunity to vote for Board members?

He's kicking pineapples!

i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:21 pm
Post subject: Re: ReplyReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Look all I want is the best for the Collingwood members. They deserve respect and a say in their Club. Let’s not allow trolls on here to diminish that message with their cheap nasty vitriol in response to my post. This issue is too important to have pathetic comments that attack me and ignore the message. The Club must stop denying ordinary members a vote and ensure open transparent dialogue is had where questions without notice at public meetings are given time to be heard.

This.

You can love the club, support the players, and still acknowledge the way its run is not transparent.

He's kicking pineapples!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:49 pm

i hate carlton wrote:
Some excellent observations on the need for board renewal and democracy at our club, by ABC Journo and Pies tragic Barry Cassidy..

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/eddie-still-doesn-t-get-it-pies-can-t-rebuild-from-a-position-of-denial-20210202-p56ytt.html

"The historical problem is that virtually for 20 years the club has not had an election for the board. McGuire and presumably the board decide for themselves who they need, and they appoint them.

That has meant a succession of board members who owed their places to McGuire. Is that why after all his casual references to racism, he was never called to account? If he was, that was never communicated to the membership. And so it was repeated.

Just as the self-indulgent constant fights and conflicts were allowed to go on. It’s time for a bit of democracy."

Barrie Cassidy, now theres a one eyed Magpie fan who could run for President, was great in the media, very intelligent and savvy guy, loves the Club, has great credentials, why not Bazza for our next President, we could do a helluva lot worse.? Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:51 pm

i hate carlton wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:
i hate carlton wrote:

Have you ever had the opportunity to vote for Board members?

Not recently.

I thought I did in the early days of my membership.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: