Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Thank you, Eddie

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:41 pm
Post subject: Thank you, EddieReply with quote

Positive thread for thanks only. Still too raw for me, but Ed’s a legend of the club and there’ll never be another like him. Enjoy your family time, Ed.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Eddie, undoubtedly when u took over the Club, we were a financial basket case, skint, and facing insolvency, and u saved the Club virtually single handed, worked your butt off, with new sponsors etc. Many fans forget that, but many like me dont. so thank you. Thanks for all your efforts to help the team, you will always be a Magpie.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:48 pm
Post subject: Re: Thank you, EddieReply with quote

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Positive thread for thanks only. Still too raw for me, but Ed’s a legend of the club and there’ll never be another like him. Enjoy your family time, Ed.

Ditto! Thanks Eddie for your passion and wonderful contribution to the Black n White. Family side by side next ...
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:51 pm

Eddie = legend
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:53 pm

Yes,thank you,Eddie.I think the good you’ve done for the club far ioutweighs the bad.

And what a great farewell speech you made today,Emotional,reflective,and full of humility.And clarifying what you meant to say in response to the Do Better report.If only you’d made that speech last week,then the media probably wouldn’t have gone into such a frenzy and you wouldn’t have been forced out of the job before you were ready to go.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:00 pm

I remember a reserves game I was watching from the members stand. Eddie wandered over and spontaneously started commentating in his loud voice for the benefit of the people watching. His jovial manner livened the place up which is the way he tried to do things. You might disagree with the way he was running the club, but you were never bored by his presence around you at the club. Hopefully he maintains that presence because he will be greatly missed otherwise.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:06 pm

I had a lump in my throat Ed -you had all of us regardless of who or what we were
Like any human ever born you did not do everything in life right. No one does

Good luck for your life mate

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:10 pm

tonight we bow to a Legend - tomorrow we march on
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:10 pm

Thanks Eddie. Saved the club, and for the 2010 flag.

Always welcomed at the club.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:13 pm

The bloke did a personal favour for my family last year during covid. Didn’t have to but did cos we are part of the Collingwood family. That would be one of thousands of things he’s done for people over the years. That’s the sort of bloke he is. The club needs to hold a special tribute event for him during the season. To honour his legacy. Side by side with Ed. Forever.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:16 pm

Always destined for greatness when he was born and named Edward, a name reserved for only the best 😜

Turned this club around into the powerhouse it should always have been, had his good decisions and bad like any leader but his legacy should be as a great president, not tarnished by pc bullshit.

Thanks Eddie 🙏
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:20 pm

The only President I can properly remember. I was four years old when he took the reins.

His first decade was outstanding. Turned us into a financial powerhouse and the club made serious strides on and off the field culminating in the 2010 premiership which we're all eternally grateful for.

The last decade with Buckley as coach have been tougher with some questionable decisions, but I've never doubted Eddie's passion and love for the club to be the best it can be for the last 23 years. He's stood up for us through good times and in bad.

Thank you for everything, Eddie.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:36 pm

Thank you Ed. I owe you a debt of gratitude for your enormous contribution to Collingwood. I was a critic but I hope a fair critic. There have been many decisions I disagreed with but you’ve done a lot of good for the pies.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:42 pm

Thanks Ed, you done good.

Sorry to see things finish this way but your biggest mistake was staying in the role just too long.

Hopefully history treats you kindly as you deserve. You've been a warrior and the Collingwood Football club is better for your contribution.

35reasons 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:54 pm

Thanks Eddie - history will tell the story of your remarkable leadership and the positive impact it’s had on the club.

If there’s another president who’s half as good, the club will be doing very well indeed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: