Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

MCC members are we?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:31 pm
Post subject: MCG updatesReply with quote

I know people in management areas of the MCG. They update me from time to time on the MCG situation.
These days its base line security staff (not many there) are generally there during the day only 1 one over night. During the day about twice a week basic ground work is been done. This doesnt take long but its prompting grass growth to areas on the ground such as centre bounce area and along the northen boundry where the shadows are normally there on a sunny day. This is done by using over head lamps and are easy to move around. This is a gradual process along with watering of the ground. But due to the recent rain over the weekend they are letting the ground dry out. The main aim these days is to promote growth in the grass.
As in the AFL they are waiting on offical notice from afl and state government they will be getting this towards the end of the week they say. In 2 weeks time they then expect the goal posts to be taken out and paint on the ground to be removed.
As in the next mode in 3 weeks time they will then start to convert the ground into cricket mode another big process lasting 2 months at least.
They feel the portable wickets will be installed come early November.
As in the rest of the MCG there is constant cleaning been done some are deep cleans too of the facilities. They are tweaking some function rooms and other hospitality areas currently in the great southern stand.
Theres some renovations also going on for the players areas and stock rooms.
Theres reports a third electronic scoreboard is to be installed too in between the 2 that are currently there.
So theres still a bit going on at the MCG.
The MCC membership offices,all and cricket event offices closed and closed till further notice.
Outside MCG city of melbourne are in charge of outside cleaning and grounds work on yarra park.
These days yarra park and around the mcg are popular for people walking and joggers.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really renovations just minor tweaks/cleaning thats all. Along with routine maintaince checks. Was having a walk around the mcg this morning looking like they were getting set up to pull out the goal posts. Probably be done over this weekend they store them in the grounds mens store room. This third scoreboard will be smaller then the other 2 and will be installed next year in time for the afl season.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:29 pm

MCG main grounds work to start to be done after sept 13th when these stage 4 restrictions are well and truely over. Was there again this arvo for a nice walk.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:52 pm

Was told the goal and behind posts will be taken out monday next week 7 sept. They have some time too. I will be an amazing sight a blank playing ground in september. Same applies to Marvel Docklands stadium too. It not been one of their busiest years thats for sure. I did attend the bush fire match there early in the year the all stars vics game was a highlight of the year.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:08 pm
Post subject: MCC members are we?Reply with quote

Hi are there any MCC members on Nicks i think MCC are great and its way better then AFL and any club membership.
Its easy and simple you know what you get and no hidden costs and grey areas either. MCC is great value too.
Its a great organisation too i think its the largest sporting organisation in the world too. And the MCC are well run too.
But there is a wait time for membership but when in you are set for life.
Ive been MCC member since 1996 was restricted from 1996 till 2009 then became full in 2010.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:30 pm

Yes, just become one recently.

Received my provisional membership mid-last year. I was nominated in 2004.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:47 pm

ok cool Jezza you will really enjoy been a MCC member well done
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: