Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Country v. City intraclub

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
think better 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:55 pm
Post subject: Country v. City intraclubReply with quote

Seems like a pretty good hit out- The 'rivalry' is a good idea I reckon

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/865074/city-take-bragging-rights-for-inaugural-clash

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Very happy to hear that Will Kelly played.

Also Howe and De Goey. McInnes is the only one I can't get any info on. I dont believe he played.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:55 pm

Presti35 wrote:

Also Howe and De Goey. McInnes is the only one I can't get any info on. I dont believe he played.

McInnis had a Finger Injury like De Goey last year and Keane earlier this year

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:18 pm

Oliver Henry pretty impressive.......a Round 1 Smokey.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:46 pm

Good to see McCreery hit the scoreboard. Defensive pressure is fine but you need to maximise those few chances on goal too.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:30 pm

Sando was saying they are talking to Cats with upcoming praky match (next Friday) & they suggested instead of 4 quarters have 6 quarters so they can give all list some game time against good opponents
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:30 pm

Bad kicking is bad footy.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:27 pm

Well Sanderson has just stuffed the whole season up šŸ˜©....

ā€œOur list looks pretty healthy....apart from a couple of niggles a few boys haveā€.

Seriously, is he not aware of the disastrous injury run that we have had the last 7-8 years??

Talk about putting the moz on the team.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:43 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

McInnis had a Finger Injury like De Goey last year and Keane earlier this year

But how long is he out for? Keane is currently up to 7 weeks.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:37 pm

slangman wrote:

ā€œOur list looks pretty healthy....apart from a couple of niggles a few boys haveā€.

Seriously, is he not aware of the disastrous injury run that we have had the last 7-8 years??

Iā€™d much rather they get match practice than be Chicken Littles always looking for the sky to fall. Risk management for the team to learn game plans and various strategies is far better than keeping players in cotton wool until round one when they get thrashed due to a lack of match practice.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:38 pm

slangman wrote:

Iā€™d much rather they get match practice than be Chicken Littles always looking for the sky to fall. Risk management for the team to learn game plans and various strategies is far better than keeping players in cotton wool until round one when they get thrashed due to a lack of match practice.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:07 pm

And apparently the pre season focus has been on moving the ball more quickly.
That might be an obvious focus but itā€™s not as easy as it sounds. It all starts with mitigating the oppositions pressure before you can magically move the ball at a greater speed down the ground.
Improving the overall skill level across the board would be a good start too.

Re the ( lack of ) injuries - itā€™s all part of the game. Enjoy a full list while you can, even if it is only the preseason. It will only go down hill from here.
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:52 pm

The magic overnight change has been happening across all clubs I think Pies2016. The new "stand" rule for the player on the mark has made ball movement much quicker because it's opened up the corridor. The zero lateral movement for the player on the mark contributes to that. Also players can't take over the mark from someone running off to man up in the guts. The player standing on the mark can't move til "play on" s called. Defences are struggling to keep up with speed of delivery into the forward 50 as a result. They say it's really working on fast ball movement AND more scoring opportunities. All clubs have been trialling it with unanimous positive responses. Our game might magically become a more attacking game again. But, to clarify, not just our game. Mad
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:38 am

Fatui Attata wrote:
The magic overnight change has been happening across all clubs I think Pies2016. The new "stand" rule for the player on the mark has made ball movement much quicker because it's opened up the corridor. The zero lateral movement for the player on the mark contributes to that. Also players can't take over the mark from someone running off to man up in the guts. The player standing on the mark can't move til "play on" s called. Defences are struggling to keep up with speed of delivery into the forward 50 as a result. They say it's really working on fast ball movement AND more scoring opportunities. All clubs have been trialling it with unanimous positive responses. Our game might magically become a more attacking game again. But, to clarify, not just our game. Mad

Very true and all clubs will be working on taking advantage of the more rigid standing the mark rule.
Iā€™m hoping the news reports suggesting that Buckley is working on quicker ball movement is more a specific ā€œ in club ā€œ game style.
The reason we moved the ball so slowly last year is because we continually ā€œ invited ā€œ pressure from the opposition ( and thatā€™s not including skill errors )
Itā€™s difficult to move a ball quickly if your opposition is better at slowing you down. We gave our opposition to many chances at slowing us down because we allowed them to.

We need to get better at not having to many players being sucked into the immediate contest. It simply allows the opposition to smother us.
We need to be less predictable in the way we go forward. Again, it simply allows the opposition to be waiting for you before the ball comes in.
Most importantly, we need smarter forwards who donā€™t get sucked up the ground and all compete in the same contest. Once again, you are simply taking your opponent to a non dangerous position on the ground and allowing him to add more pressure on the team with the ball.
Your best chance of moving the ball quickly is to divide and conquer your opposition, rather than allow them to gather in numbers at the ( next ) contest

For us to improve on last year, we need to do more things right than our opposition.
If we can improve in any of the above areas, it will at least help to keep our heads above water. If we donā€™t, we will likely be grasping at the proverbial straw fairly early into the 2021 season. Time will tell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: