Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

CATS v. PIES - Practice Match

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Or maybe, for all the members who paid their dues last year but got pretty much the same coverage of games as non-members, maybe this is a nice little thank you?

This comment suggests that there's two social classes of supporters , members and non-members. It also suggests that members are entitled to better game coverage by the club, compared to supporters without memberships (for whatever reason, including financial restraints).
Yes, a pandemic reduced the perceived benefits of membership for a season. So this means that members deserve elevation above other loyal supporters to compensate for this going forward? I'm sure there would be a multitude of ways the club could come up with compensation for members, without making the vast majority of its loyal supporters feel like second rate citizens Rolling Eyes
Is the club now adding social discrimination to its list of ailments?
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:37 am

If you are not a member, you are not a supporter. You are a barracker...
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:42 am

The most narrow monded comment.

So purchasing apparel, memorabilia, game day tickets, money that goes to the club, counts as nothing? And this is coming from a 35 year member who hasn’t renewed yet.

K 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:46 am

mattdally wrote:
Sier gone full skin head

That's the first good news for the year!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:54 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
The most narrow monded comment.

So purchasing apparel, memorabilia, game day tickets, money that goes to the club, counts as nothing? And this is coming from a 35 year member who hasn’t renewed yet.

Absolutely nailed it RH. I've spent huge amounts on the above over fifty plus years, including memberships during my "good years".
If the club wants to differentiate and discriminate between supporters based on their 2021 financial input, they are making a grave mistake.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:02 pm

You’d think they want to do everything they can to promote the club. “Oh, we look good out there today, I might hunk of buying a membership this year.” Yes, there are ‘fickle’ fans out there. The hardcore like us are a minority. Sometimes that’s all it takes. You’d think our sponsors would want as many eyes as possible on our team as well.

In other news, a much better second quarter from the boys

mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:02 pm

1/2 time - 5.2 to 4.3 - good comeback
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:03 pm

PS I have a signed Pendles jersey that I paid a small fortune for years ago. Anyone want to buy it and I could use the funds to purchase a membership?
Just kidding Smile. Wouldn't part with that treasured possession, but I'm just a devoted barracker Smile
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:06 pm

mattdally wrote:
1/2 time - 5.2 to 4.3 - good comeback

Much better hopefully Hoskins Elliot keeps it up, played a better 1/4 than any since he got injured way back, good attacking but gees we still bomb to no one in the forward line

rosspies 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:22 pm

Goal to Oliver Henry. I am liking the look of him so far!
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:28 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
This comment suggests that there's two social classes of supporters , members and non-members. It also suggests that members are entitled to better game coverage by the club, compared to supporters without memberships (for whatever reason, including financial restraints).

Don't kid yourself - there are quite clearly a number of levels. Legends members get first access to grand final tickets, have seats for Anzac Day and all sorts of special events. That's solely based on the money they pay.

Social Club members then have access to any left over Grand Final tickets, and may have some events organised during the year.

Ordinary "general admission" members are next. The club prioritises them above supporters who haven't (for whatever reason) made a financial commitment to the club.

Recognising those that make a greater financial commitment is a everyday part of all types of organisations.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:29 pm

Henry could play rnd 1 - seen enough of him now - he can mix it with the big boys.

Tyler Brown just kicked one. Still on the fence with him if he's gonna make it or not. Make or break season for him.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:31 pm

Tyler Brown! Boy he looks like is old man!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:51 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

Don't kid yourself - there are quite clearly a number of levels. Legends members get first access to grand final tickets, have seats for Anzac Day and all sorts of special events. That's solely based on the money they pay.

Social Club members then have access to any left over Grand Final tickets, and may have some events organised during the year.

Ordinary "general admission" members are next. The club prioritises them above supporters who haven't (for whatever reason) made a financial commitment to the club.

Recognising those that make a greater financial commitment is a everyday part of all types of organisations.

I did mention that there would be a multitude of ways that the club could recognise those making a financial contribution besides excluding the masses of Collingwood non-member supporters from the joy of watching their players. Rolling Eyes
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:54 pm

My membership is $800 I expect a bit more than someone paying lessor nothing, anyhow I sent you a pm hint hint
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: