Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Parliament House sexual assault and harassment allegations

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 40, 41, 42  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotty the turd from marketing does it again

He was never told (by his staffer) yeah right

https://www.narrominenewsonline.com.au/story/7128184/pm-casts-doubt-on-former-staffers-claims/

The ABC were biased when they clearly demonstrated a pattern of sexual abuse rife in the toxic male culture in the liberal party last year: nothing to see here says the little turd. It's all bias.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/breaking-news/attorneygeneral-christian-porter-threaten-legal-action-against-abc/news-story/026c309fdd037154952a4c61c4a7e816

Oh can't get away without doing anything. Better late than never one supposes for the little turd

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/completely-disempowered-liberal-staffers-speak-up-after-alleged-sexual-assaults-20190729-p52bnw.html

Last edited by watt price tully on Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:11 pm

Dr Pie wrote:
I am reluctant to post on VPT because I find you end up in time wasting discussions where neither side convinces the other but you should at least get your facts right eddiesmith. The alleged rapist was not sacked because of any sexual misconduct. He was was sacked because he broke security by going into the Minister's office, after hours, without showing his security pass. At the time that he was sacked Higgins had not told anyone about her alleged rape.

I know, but you can’t sack someone twice! So what else can they do other than sack him (already done) and support her going to the police and referring her to any help she needed?

Next thing we know people will be calling for ScoMo to be sacked over any crime that occurs in Canberra!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:14 pm

Dr Pie wrote:
I am reluctant to post on VPT because I find you end up in time wasting discussions where neither side convinces the other but you should at least get your facts right eddiesmith. The alleged rapist was not sacked because of any sexual misconduct. He was was sacked because he broke security by going into the Minister's office, after hours, without showing his security pass. At the time that he was sacked Higgins had not told anyone about her alleged rape.

Eddie getting his facts right Laughing Laughing

Should be under jokes, jokes and more jokes. Eddie and the truth are often diametrically opposed.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:17 pm

I apologise for bagging The Betoota Advocate – this is much worse:

https://chaser.com.au/national/covering-up-the-rape-of-a-woman-is-bad-because-it-could-upset-her-dad-says-pm/

Lest anyone think I’m carrying a torch for ScoMo, let me assure you that I despise him and his used-car-dealer approach to the public more than nearly any politician. But this satirical piece is such a malicious mischaracterisation of his words that I don’t even know where to start. Just because satire is (supposedly) trying to be humorous, it doesn’t mean that it has no responsibility for how it directs its critique.

All this reminds me of the Rundle piece I posted a couple of weeks back – Labor people (as I suspect these satirical writers also are) are so desperate to create a viable battleground that they’re trying their utmost to turn Morrison into Abbott 2.0. But it’s not working because it fundamentally misunderstands his political approach and just comes across to non-partisan observers as a desperate and cynical smear campaign. That’ll probably only help him in the end.

Of course if it comes out that he was complicit in the questionable response to this assault then all this will be fair game and he’ll have to wear it. But I do find the so far seemingly groundless attempts to pin this on him a bit distasteful (not least because it’s exploiting a young woman’s trauma for partisan political ends).

Last edited by David on Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:17 pm

Speaking of liars, still waiting for the examples of ANY state having to lockdown because of the Sydney virus...

You’ve made that claim numerous times yet never provided evidence because it’s completely made up bullshit
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:25 pm

David wrote:

https://chaser.com.au/national/covering-up-the-rape-of-a-woman-is-bad-because-it-could-upset-her-dad-says-pm/

Lest anyone think I’m carrying a torch for ScoMo, let me assure you that I despise him and his used-car-dealer approach to the public more than nearly any politician. But this satirical piece is such a malicious mischaracterisation of his words that I don’t even know where to start. Just because satire is (supposedly) trying to be humorous, it doesn’t mean that it has no responsibility for how it directs its critique.

No I agree: take this one for instance

Scotty from Marketing tells Liberals to stop screwing each other and focus on screwing voters.

https://theunaustralian.net/2021/02/16/pm-tells-liberals-to-stop-screwing-each-other-and-instead-focus-on-screwing-the-voters/

and this tweet:

"BREAKING: PM Announces $100 Million Dollar Counselling Package For Fathers Of Rape Victims".

Just not funny but I did get a chuckle out of this one:

Australians Must Provide Proof That They Voted Liberal Before Being Vaccinated

https://theunaustralian.net

roar 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:26 pm

They're all great!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:48 pm

David wrote:

All this reminds me of the Rundle piece I posted a couple of weeks back – Labor people (as I suspect these satirical writers also are) are so desperate to create a viable battleground that they’re trying their utmost to turn Morrison into Abbott 2.0. But it’s not working because it fundamentally misunderstands his political approach and just comes across to non-partisan observers as a desperate and cynical smear campaign. That’ll probably only help him in the end.

Of course if it comes out that he was complicit in the questionable response to this assault then all this will be fair game and he’ll have to wear it. But I do find the so far seemingly groundless attempts to pin this on him a bit distasteful (not least because it’s exploiting a young woman’s trauma for partisan political ends).

Nail hit head

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:54 pm

Dr Pie wrote:

Minor technicality, he was allowed to resign immediately but you're otherwise correct. He was spoken to before Higgins, it was a discussion about a security breach, he was allowed to resign and left the building immediately.

She was spoken to after him, with the conversation to be about the security breach, it was then that she disclosed what had allegedly happened.

I watched a large part of her interview last night, apart from meeting her at one point in the same office the alleged assault occurred in (which was totally insensitive and fkn stupid) there wasn't a lot that was done wrong.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:01 am

Jenny convinces her husband the turd Scotty from Marketing to stop throwing bricks from an overpass: think of our daughters.

https://m.betootaadvocate.com/breaking-news/jenny-convinces-pm-to-stop-throwing-bricks-from-grand-parade-overpass-think-of-our-girls/

Senator Cash more outraged over rumours of consensual sex than her own staff being raped

https://m.betootaadvocate.com/headlines/senator-cash-more-outraged-over-rumours-of-consensual-sex-than-her-own-staff-being-assaulted/

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:09 am

The happy clappy turd Scotty from Marketing is using blame the victim rhetoric in the rape case.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/feb/17/brittany-higgins-accuses-prime-minister-of-using-victim-blaming-rhetoric-after-alleged

Female victims of rape are people in their own right not just some man’s wife, mother and sister:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/feb/17/female-victims-are-people-in-their-own-right-not-just-some-mans-wife-mother-sister-or-daughter

Australians don’t need a father figure little turd Scotty from Marketing: they need a Prime Minister

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/feb/16/australians-dont-need-a-father-figure-scott-morrison-they-need-a-prime-minister

Care to revisit your earlier post David?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:38 am

As I said before, if it emerges that Morrison is lying about having only become aware of the incident on 12 February, as some are now suggesting, then it'll be open season on him and rightly so. But putting that to one side, can you summarise exactly what he has said about this that could be considered objectionable, apart from the clumsy anecdote about what his wife supposedly said to him that everyone seems to be jumping on*? I've read through the first link and I'm no closer to pinpointing what Higgins is referring to when she is accusing Morrison of "victim-blaming rhetoric". And Murphy doesn't in any way articulate what she thinks Morrison should have said on Monday but didn't.

(*For what it's worth, I completely understand and appreciate the argument of the second op-ed and also think it's being a bit precious. Yes, it would be great if we could immediately empathise with other people's suffering without needing to imagine our loved ones being placed in a position of victimisation, but, I'm sorry, sometimes that's what's needed to get people over the line: imagine it was your child targeted by an American drone strike; imagine it was your child who was gay and being targeted by homophobic bullying; imagine it was your elderly parent being kept in a filthy and abusive nursing home, etc. I would much prefer that kind of projection than a refusal to empathise altogether, which, let's face it, is the default Liberal Party setting when it comes to a range of issues.)

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:20 am

Doubt we'll be seeing an election this year after this scandal.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:56 am

David wrote:
As I said before, if it emerges that Morrison is lying about having only become aware of the incident on 12 February, as some are now suggesting, then it'll be open season on him and rightly so. But putting that to one side, can you summarise exactly what he has said about this that could be considered objectionable, apart from the clumsy anecdote about what his wife supposedly said to him that everyone seems to be jumping on*? I've read through the first link and I'm no closer to pinpointing what Higgins is referring to when she is accusing Morrison of "victim-blaming rhetoric". And Murphy doesn't in any way articulate what she thinks Morrison should have said on Monday but didn't.

(*For what it's worth, I completely understand and appreciate the argument of the second op-ed and also think it's being a bit precious. Yes, it would be great if we could immediately empathise with other people's suffering without needing to imagine our loved ones being placed in a position of victimisation, but, I'm sorry, sometimes that's what's needed to get people over the line: imagine it was your child targeted by an American drone strike; imagine it was your child who was gay and being targeted by homophobic bullying; imagine it was your elderly parent being kept in a filthy and abusive nursing home, etc. I would much prefer that kind of projection than a refusal to empathise altogether, which, let's face it, is the default Liberal Party setting when it comes to a range of issues.)

The link when watching the news seemed to be, Morrison correctly said it was up to Higgins to file a Police report, that's what she seems to consider "victim blaming", which is bullshit.

You cannot force someone to go to Police and make a report. If you call Police and say, "Betty told me she was raped 3 days ago, can you come and talk to her" you will get told to tell Betty to come to the station.

This is not victim blaming. If she means something else, I'm sorry, I'd have to look at that and see what was said.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:54 am

The little turd, the happy clappy Scotty from Marketing to star in upcoming local production of “Death of a Salesman”

https://m.betootaadvocate.com/uncategorized/scott-morrison-to-star-in-upcoming-local-production-of-death-of-a-salesman/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 2 of 42   

Jump to: