Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Parliament House sexual assault and harassment allegations

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:
Pfft, all you wannabe radicals (right or left) can come back when you stop voting for one or the other of the vanilla major parties (Stui's Clive Palmer dalliance notwithstanding). If you're not on an ASIO watchlist I don't want to hear from you. Laughing

When you put it like that.....I feel dirty. Embarassed

As you should! Wink But I can assure you that it's nothing compared to what old Clive has been doing to the Australian taxpayer...

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:34 pm

Don't go there, the mental picture of old Clive In Flagrante Delicto does not work well with maintaining good mental health and a normal appetite.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:59 pm

Back on topic, much as I enjoyed the interlude, I'd be happy with this approach in general.

Quote:
"This matter should have been referred directly to the second law officer, the Solicitor-General, who could have provided advice on a couple of key legal questions," Mr Gleeson told the ABC.

"The key one of those questions would have been: is the material sufficiently credible to justify an executive inquiry being instituted?

"Can that occur consistently with our constitution and our rule of law? And if so, what form might that inquiry take?"

Mr Gleeson said the first question — whether the material was sufficiently credible to justify an inquiry — could be answered by the Solicitor-General within 48 hours and could be the "circuit-breaker" many were looking for.

"For example, if the Solicitor-General comes down on the side that there is no proper legal basis for an inquiry, I for one, and I think many in the community, would accept that an independent senior law officer has said there is no room for such an inquiry," he said.

"That would be the end of the matter, the cloud over the Attorney-General's name would I think be substantially cleared and he could resume his duties in the fullest sense."

But if the Solicitor-General advised in favour of an independent inquiry, Mr Gleeson said the Prime Minister should either accept the advice or explain his reasons for rejecting it.

Works for me. Cuts out all the party politics bullshit.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-09/christian-porter-historical-rape-allegation-gleeson/13229880

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:28 am

stui magpie wrote:
Back on topic, much as I enjoyed the interlude, I'd be happy with this approach in general.

Quote:
"This matter should have been referred directly to the second law officer, the Solicitor-General, who could have provided advice on a couple of key legal questions," Mr Gleeson told the ABC.

"The key one of those questions would have been: is the material sufficiently credible to justify an executive inquiry being instituted?

"Can that occur consistently with our constitution and our rule of law? And if so, what form might that inquiry take?"

Mr Gleeson said the first question — whether the material was sufficiently credible to justify an inquiry — could be answered by the Solicitor-General within 48 hours and could be the "circuit-breaker" many were looking for.

"For example, if the Solicitor-General comes down on the side that there is no proper legal basis for an inquiry, I for one, and I think many in the community, would accept that an independent senior law officer has said there is no room for such an inquiry," he said.

"That would be the end of the matter, the cloud over the Attorney-General's name would I think be substantially cleared and he could resume his duties in the fullest sense."

But if the Solicitor-General advised in favour of an independent inquiry, Mr Gleeson said the Prime Minister should either accept the advice or explain his reasons for rejecting it.

Works for me. Cuts out all the party politics bullshit.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-09/christian-porter-historical-rape-allegation-gleeson/13229880

Correct: works for me too. I’m hoping Scotty from Marketing keeps sticking to his guns and refusing to do anything as that continues the politicisation of this messy issue. Keeps it live too.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:32 am

Meanwhile, Monday was International Women’s Day and just to prove how much of a problem the Liberals have with Women the Federal Member for Wentworth Dave Sharma thought it would be a really good idea to hand out flowers to unknown women at the local train station

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/08/liberal-mp-dave-sharma-marks-international-womens-day-by-giving-flowers-to-female-commuters

https://mobile.twitter.com/shaunmicallef/status/1368800144250994689

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:39 am

I have a hot take on that one: who the **** cares?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:54 am

geezus **** a little act of kindness, i would have been happy to get one!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:10 am

It's the perfect example of the sort of thing a certain class pretends to care about (politicians, the press gallery, professional op-ed columnists and partisan cheersquad members on either side) but that has absolutely no relevance to the average citizen and no political bearing on anything. And these people have the temerity to talk about being tone-deaf...
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:43 pm

I find things like that an eye roll. Guy tries to do something nice, others choose to view it through a lens that makes it wrong.

Shrug shoulders, roll eyes, move on.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:47 pm

When you really badly want to find fault in everything then you will no matter how stupid it makes you look
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:38 pm

^ Wow!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:22 pm

David wrote:
I have a hot take on that one: who the **** cares?

A lot of people just see it is wrong David. I think the timing with all of the problems that the Libs have with women from rape by staffers to alleged rape by the highest law officer in the land to the bullying and harassment of women which seems endemic in the liberal party then viewed in that light it’s an utter misreading of the room: hysterical actually.

It is well intentioned and I’m sure Dave Sharma is a lovely bloke, but Shaun Micaleff called it right. Not a hanging offence unlike the others, but dumb.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:12 pm

Or alternatively, you and Shaun Micallef weren't in the room he was reading.

Did he get any complaints from woman in his electorate (where he was voted in) who he offered flowers to, or just from extreme left wingers elsewhere who think their opinions constitute "the room"?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:20 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Did he get any complaints from woman in his electorate (where he was voted in) who he offered flowers to, or just from extreme left wingers elsewhere who think their opinions constitute "the room"?

Anyone with half a brain wouldn’t have done what Dave did including our David despite his protestations on International Women’s Day.

It’s OK Stui, the 19th and 20th centuries will catch up with Tokumwal let alone the Liberal Party soon 😉😜

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:28 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Anyone with half a brain wouldn’t have done what Dave did including our David despite his protestations on International Women’s Day.

It’s OK Stui, the 19th and 20th centuries will catch up with Tokumwal let alone the Liberal Party soon 😉😜

well i guess i have the other half, cos i would have taken the flower graciously and not given two shits why he was giving it to me, and i would have happily let it make my day, and probably taken pics for nicks!!

excuse me while i adjust my bustle!! its a bugger in this ergonomic desk chair!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 17 of 42   

Jump to: