Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

These new rules

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So just a step to the side or behind of the mark and its a 50m penalty wow lots of 50m penaltys then will be given then which will end in gifted goals too terrible rule get rid of it.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:56 pm

David wrote:
More tiggy-touchwood 50m penalties? FFS, which genius came up with this? Rolling Eyes

(Here are some examples, for those like me who hadn't heard of this new rule yet: https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-considering-dialling-down-man-on-the-mark-rule-after-dockers-incident-sparks-anger-c-2268597)

If you can find it, have a look at the clip of the Lions/Suns match last weekend where the man on the mark had to stay where he was whilst Joe Daniher ran around him and kicked a goal. The umpire called play on after he had gone metres wide and past him!

If that rule persists there will need to be an umpire positioned directly behind the man on the mark as every player with the ball will play on and it will have to be called very quickly.
Redcraze Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:13 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I've been saying for years that we should abolish rotations off the bench. We should return to how footy was, before we became obsessed with trying to speed it up. Have 4 or 6 on the bench, but once a player goes off, they stay off. This would change the way the game was played. We would return to more positional type one on one football, because players would not be able to constantly run all over the ground as they do now. It would also lead to star players being on the ground for the full 100 minutes, with star on ballers 'resting' in the forward pockets.

I've seen the nature of our once great game slowly deteriorate over the past 30 yrs or so, and I am convinced that having bench rotations has been the main cause of it. Still, I'm obviously an old fart, so wtfwik?

Absolutely correct.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:25 pm

Yep easy to kick a goal now all you do i run around the man on the mark easy as and if the man on the mark moves to the player that runs around them then is a 50m penalty anyway. Memo afl: please get rid of this rule.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:52 pm

I'm almost less bothered by the idea of players on the mark having to become human witches' hats (although, like others, I don't understand why it's necessary) than the penalty. One of the most annoying things about soccer is how easily a match can be decided by, say, a debatable referee decision in the penalty box, because a penalty shot is about 75% likely to be a goal. The same is going to happen for pretty much any 50m penalty forward of centre, and it's hard to imagine that the outcome of games won't be decided by such penalties. It just seems like totally unnecessary meddling.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:01 pm

Knee jerk reaction in response to a very low scoring season.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:08 pm

It would be just like them to forget that they, uh, reduced the quarters by 20%. Laughing
Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:09 pm

David wrote:
I'm almost less bothered by the idea of players on the mark having to become human witches' hats (although, like others, I don't understand why it's necessary) than the penalty. One of the most annoying things about soccer is how easily a match can be decided by, say, a debatable referee decision in the penalty box, because a penalty shot is about 75% likely to be a goal. The same is going to happen for pretty much any 50m penalty forward of centre, and it's hard to imagine that the outcome of games won't be decided by such penalties. It just seems like totally unnecessary meddling.

I've always felt the 50m is disproportionate when considering field position, Any indiscretion in the back line given a 50 is an inconvenience, any given forward of the centre is basically a gifted goal.

I'd reckon a back line '50' should be 50m, between the arcs 30m, and inside the 50, 15m. It would still be a strong enough deterrent, and if anything a stronger deterrent from the backline.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:33 pm

You watch players move off the mark 5m outside the protected zone ( when they can say if a player is going to take an uncontested mark) and inside to block the corridor, effectively having no one on the mark and letting them play on down the line.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:18 pm

Have to remember, if you use one player 5 meters back to protect the 'run on or whatever' it means your zone defense is comprimised and therefore making more space..
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:44 pm

It looks like you have a little time to decide what to do. Protected zone is 10m to side and 5m behind. You must stand the mark when umpire holds his hand out and tells you to stand. Having a look tonight a couple of times the aints have run off to protect the corridor ball when the scum have come out of D50 out wide. Obviously there will be times when it won’t be constructive to use but it looks like teams would be prepared to play on more.

I think it will just create a bigger gap between the skillful teams and the crappy turnover kings, not sure how we will go defending against teams with good disposal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: