Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan says “I will walk”

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will be Nathans fate this year...?!??
What are you talking about? Nathan is the messiah and will lead our club to its next flag!!
16%
 16%  [ 14 ]
Nathan comes to the realization that the club is bigger than him and that he needs to fall on his sword and resigns.
40%
 40%  [ 34 ]
Nathan finally gets the sack after another bad season.
42%
 42%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 83

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

tbaker wrote:
Is there any benefit in sacking Buckley now? Give him some dignity - inform him sometime soon that his contact won't be renewed and he can coach out the season if he wishes. The last thing I'd want to see happen is an assistant coach take over, who then becomes the new darling of the players and hierarchy and they appoint him prematurely (ala Teague, Rhyce Shaw)

Why are people so interested in preserving Buckley's dignity? He didn't offer that to Treloar or Stevo. Stuff him. Let him face the sack like just about every coach who's every coached. Most coaches end up getting sacked. It's time he was too.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:56 pm

In an earlier post, I read that someone mentioned that Bucks win/loss ratio is 54%. Given he was playing Malthouse's game plan in 2012 and 2013, I wonder what his win/loss ration is from 2014 to now with his game plan and his players?
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 3:19 pm

shawthing wrote:
tbaker wrote:
Is there any benefit in sacking Buckley now? Give him some dignity - inform him sometime soon that his contact won't be renewed and he can coach out the season if he wishes. The last thing I'd want to see happen is an assistant coach take over, who then becomes the new darling of the players and hierarchy and they appoint him prematurely (ala Teague, Rhyce Shaw)

Why are people so interested in preserving Buckley's dignity? He didn't offer that to Treloar or Stevo. Stuff him. Let him face the sack like just about every coach who's every coached. Most coaches end up getting sacked. It's time he was too.

Lol you might have had a point with Treloar (even though Buckley didn’t have all the say in that), but saying Buckley didn’t give Stevo any dignity... yeah nah, Stevo got what he deserved (and bloody lucky to still be playing, especially on megabucks). **** Stevo, I throw up every time I hear how poor little Jayden was hard done by and disrespected.

If the rumours are true, there’s a disconnect between players over Treloar making way for Grundy and JDG’s mega deals, and Grundy/Roughie allegedly “talking around corners” of not liking Buckley and the touchy feely stuff (which is what Grundy wanted when Buckley was only footy 24/7 and didn’t do the touchy feely stuff). We don’t have a champion team, we have a team of champions who aren’t on the same page.

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sun May 02, 2021 3:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 3:26 pm

North is beating Melbourne, next week we might be playing for a Wooden Spoon...
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 3:27 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

Ha, I was about to post this! They’ll have their tails up, Stephenson will be hyped up, pressure on Buckley... fun times
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 3:29 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:

Ha, I was about to post this! They’ll have their tails up, Stephenson will be hyped up, pressure on Buckley... fun times

We lose and Change can Finally Happen that is been Crying out that is Needed for the Club

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 3:32 pm

Can we change the name of this topic to something that is actually factual?
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 4:50 pm

Can we change the name of this topic to something that is actually factual?

Suggestion: "Nathan says I will not walk"

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 4:55 pm

Also just listening to some commentary of the Carlton vs Essendon Game, something Ross Lyon just said about Crips locking the ball up in a contest has made me 'rethink' on Ross's perceptions of the game.. so even though I think he's at the front runner of 'Experienced' coaches line, I think we should give him a miss.. I thought he'd changed his perspective but just from that one comment, it's obviously not so.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:02 pm

think positive wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
I’ve pondered all night about the mess we find ourselves in

I’ve been a long term Buckley supporter but like many my patience and respect for him has ended
The Treloar sage was the final straw for me
I don’t 100% blame Buckley for what happened he’s part of a bigger failure but at the end of the day he could have easily come out and said
“Adz has been a victim of the clubs salary cap management and we have been left with no choice but to trade him to ensure we are cap compliant”
“If we had another way around it we would certainly investigate it”
Adz is a valuable and highly respected member of the playing group and I’m sorry to see him go”

Whilst I would have still been miffed I could have understood some times you lose a player you would prefer to keep
Buckley trotting out company line firstly about his mental health then his disposal eff then final the cap made me cringe all the way
I posted during the saga the coach doesn’t manage the salary cap but he has a massive say in what players we keep, trade, recruit, draft or retain
For that alone he’s largely responsible

As for Buckley the coach for mine and I said it for years he didn’t earn his stripes to be our head coach
He was handed the role in a bungled handover
Now Malthouse played a part in the mess but ultimately it was Eddie handing the reigns over for no other reason than he wanted Buckley to get that elusive premiership
2018 we nearly had one and had we got it we may all look at him differently but we didn’t

I was talking to a fellow pies fan the other day and he asked how could we fall so quickly
I wonder how much input Longmuir had in our whole structure and team defence
He’s done very well at Freo so far with a list I would say isn’t any better than ours perhaps worse in some areas
The unanswered question for mine has always been can he improve a players skill and best utilise there best assets for the teams benefit
To do this you must first have a game plan/style that you want to play and then recruit draft trade accordingly
I’m yet to be convinced that he has that ability.
We draft a player then play him in a completely different position or role than what he was playing before for whatever reason
Case in point we have Moore a forward when we drafted him
It didn’t work so we moved him to defence and and he become a AA CHB now all of a sudden he’s thrown forward because we can’t score
Our forward line isn’t the issue our entry into the forward line is the issue
We bomb it in with little purpose and hope we have someone do some individual brilliance to score the majority of the time

Wayne Bennett the NRL coach has 7 premierships and 31 out of the 34 seasons as a head coach his team has made finals including 25 consecutive seasons
He once said you don’t decide how you want to play the game you see what cattle you have and then decide what game style they can play to be successful
Sort of makes sense doesn’t it
We have never had that plan and I’d we did I can’t see it

I posted a few weeks ago before we knew who the new president would be internally at the club that there was a chunk of the playing group who have lost respect for him and are very dirty with the club as a whole
Wright has his work cut out for him trying to sort this mess out
Korda says one thing coach says something different it’s perplexing

I can say one thing with certainty that Craig Kelly will be making sure that Korda knows he has a candidate to run against him unless he complies with his request that his client (Buckley) gets a contract extension

i agree with all except the last line, i doubt it, i dont think anyone can save bux now, surely they realise what would happen? they cannot risk losing the members money. I for one would drop my level of membership significantly, not worth paying a premium for a GF ticket is it!

ps nice to see you keep to the subject. hopefully we can all leave the petty shit behind

Jojo there is politics going on behind the scenes as we speak guaranteed
The timing of Kelly’s public support of Browne a known Eddie supporter the day before Korda was made president says it all
Kelly is a player manager so he shouldn’t have a vested interest in anything to do with a clubs board
Yes he’s a former player but if he has clubs best interests at heart he would stand for the board himself and use his experience to help the club
Don’t for 1 second believe that the club makes decisions based on what members think or want
I’ve been a paid interstate member for decades happily pay my money each year to support club but right now I wonder why

PS nice to see your pics from Anzac Day thank you for sharing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:24 pm

cheers mate, for the info to, thankyou xx
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:55 pm

Also just listening to some commentary of the Carlton vs Essendon Game, something Ross Lyon just said about Crips locking the ball up in a contest has made me 'rethink' on Ross's perceptions of the game.. so even though I think he's at the front runner of 'Experienced' coaches line, I think we should give him a miss.. I thought he'd changed his perspective but just from that one comment, it's obviously not so.

Lyon isn't the right replacement. He's too defensively oriented and never demonstrated the ability to rebuild a list.

If the team was ready made and needed to take that extra step to win a premiership, he'd be perfect for the role but that's not our situation.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:07 pm

Total insanity if this is true. If the club renew him, I'm done with attending games.

https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/status/1388734226900656129

Matthew Lloyd is the only one talking sense. The media's ability to not criticise Buckley is astonishing.

https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1388646770280968194

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:21 pm

Jezza wrote:

Lyon isn't the right replacement. He's too defensively oriented and never demonstrated the ability to rebuild a list.

If the team was ready made and needed to take that extra step to win a premiership, he'd be perfect for the role but that's not our situation.

Look I agree, as I said I felt Ross had changed, and obviously he is a good coach.. don't doubt it... but is he right for us... I now have my doubts. I'd hope that most posters on Nick's will see that this actually means I'm open minded - I believe my criticism of our methods over the last ten years are justified but in that - I only want what's best for Collingwood, our club, and not what I might specifically believe is the right course of action. Lyon is not our man, so that puts (and yes I can hear the shreeks now) imo the front runners for us now are B.Scott (don't forget he was an amazing assistant here, the boys loved him) or Mark Williams (who has some bad blood with us, but I actually forgive him.. that game he played for us... well need I say more).

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:43 pm

I'm still in favour of keeping Bucks, but if we were to go for another coach, I'd love to have Choco Williams back. He's got just the right amount of passion and lunacy to shake the whole joint up. The last thing we need is a pair of safe hands.

Given our list profile, with so many teenagers, it's worth remembering that Williams has a great record as a development coach, and was instrumental in getting Dusty Martin to focus on his footy and become professional. Maybe he could do the same with Jordy DG.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 48 of 49   

Jump to: