Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan says “I will walk”

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 47, 48, 49  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will be Nathans fate this year...?!??
What are you talking about? Nathan is the messiah and will lead our club to its next flag!!
16%
 16%  [ 14 ]
Nathan comes to the realization that the club is bigger than him and that he needs to fall on his sword and resigns.
40%
 40%  [ 34 ]
Nathan finally gets the sack after another bad season.
42%
 42%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 83

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Oh ffs think positive, there was no chance Sidey would have made any difference. Selective memory, he would have been in public hotel quarantine, not the footy hub which was shut down. And he would have made Jack shit difference if we’d actually made it through to the final Sidey would have emerged from hotel quarantine for. Yeah he stuffed up, but you don’t know the personal issues going on at the time.
Seriously, the constant Sidey bashing on Nicks is ducking ridiculous.

You are do very wrong, look back to the slinging match between PIES4shaw and Qldpie, I always stick up for Sidey, but he lost me with this, he should gave known better, 1 I can forgive, but 2, nope.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:41 pm

think positive wrote:
I for one am already considering what i will do. And dont go nuts on me, ive stuck through good and bad times, but footy right now, the hubs last year when Melbourne was suffering, and the bullshit performances, the crap the AFL dishes up, im truly wondering why i bother. The never ending price rises, but get less for your money, the cold, the shit excuses for losses we should not of had, and every single off field behaviour issue, it all has an effect. .

I absolutely get where you're coming from TP. I've experienced an absolute crisis of faith during the past few months, beginning with the treatment of Treloar. It was like the religion I've believed in for fifty plus years (Collingwood) was shown to be just quackery. Crying or Very sad

The AFL and what they've done with the corporatization of the game has destroyed what drew me to it in the first place and has turned into just another form of entertainment (as is the case with most other sports). It doesn't endorse my core values anymore.

So, completely disillusioned and gutted, I thought about giving it all away. I wondered how I could ever feel passionate about the Pies again. I eventually understood that the elements that I loved about the game - the battle on the field; the courage, skill and determination; the comradeship; the loyalty; the joy of achievement; the grief of a loss; side by side - would still be there with the players who go out this season in the black and white. They will still stir my emotions.

So, it's the players themselves that I give my allegiance to from now on. I couldn't not follow the likes of Pendles, Adams, Coxy, Howie, young Daics, Darcy, Billy, Checkers, Maynard, Crispy etc. etc. as I have invested in their stories, just as I did with the hundreds of players who came before them. I don't identify with the actual club anymore, but I do still identify with the players in black and white.

Anyway, I hope you can resolve your own crisis of faith some how and that your own passion for the black and white will re-surface. It would be just so sad for you otherwise. (Putting my arms around you from cyberspace
Very Happy )
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:56 pm

If I'd had my way I would have sacked Buckley after he let Stephenson and Treloar go for no return. Now I've settled down I realize what he did was for the best long term interests of the club. The point is any decision about his tenure should be made in the cold hard light of the day, not the knee jerk reaction after a bad loss. There is such a thing as bad luck in sport. Buckley hasn't had much go his way, but over the journey the luck averages out to 50:50. Most of us accept that Ross Lyon is a good coach. He hasn't won a premiership either.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:22 pm

There’s no doubt that he,Buckley,is living on borrowed time now.Without Eddie to protect him as he has done for almost ten years now,his position at the club is very shaky to say the least.It all depends on how well we go this year,If we don’t make the finals at the very least,then I don’t think he will have to worry about walking.The decision will be taken out of his hands.
Alex 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:22 pm

90 nice wrote:
To me i think Bucks should walk now sooner the better i feel in light of whats happened. Clear and clean the air once and for all.

So u wanna sack the coach one week before the season starts?

The best possible scenario is to see how he goes this year, and make a move from there.

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:09 pm

So Bucks said he would walk at season's end after 10 years. You can't be serious!!! What are we 'a benevolent club'.

What's he actually achieved other than given a Grand Final on a plate and still couldn't deliver (and I don't buy this 'within a kick').

We've paid his high wages for 10 years for what? to deliver us what? to give us what? to celebrate what? and oh so nice him to walk if he can't deliver after 10 years and only Collingwood can do that. Great job if you can get it.

It is time for a refresh and it's been crying out for one for sometime.

ps/ And there's plenty of guys out there who can do the job and as I've said before - will we give that coach 10 years?

themonk 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:38 am

BEAMER09 wrote:
What's he actually achieved other than given a Grand Final on a plate and still couldn't deliver (and I don't buy this 'within a kick').

Funny, even Collingwood fans forget how we limped into the grand final with numerous injuries, especially with no tall defenders & playing the tallest forward line in the comp.

No Dunne, Moore or Scharenberg. For god's sake we rushed back Goldie on one leg.

The players love Buckley & unfortunately we've never given him a full list for too long.

Will he walk? probably, but show some respect for someone that bleeds black & white.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:06 am

themonk wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:

Funny, even Collingwood fans forget how we limped into the grand final with numerous injuries, especially with no tall defenders & playing the tallest forward line in the comp.

No Dunne, Moore or Scharenberg. For god's sake we rushed back Goldie on one leg.

The players love Buckley & unfortunately we've never given him a full list for too long.

Will he walk? probably, but show some respect for someone that bleeds black & white.

We choose to not play Moore... he was 'declared fit' it was clearly a blunder, I even said so at the time, eagles big men killed us in a game we should have won even without Moore considering we were 5 goals up in the 1st 1/4

Buckley sucks, the club is overly obsessed with him and its cost us HUGE...

Great player, but totally self focused while playing (give me the ball.. and we did regularly... and other clubs knew that too... remember that period when Bucks was injured all the time, we'd win games, and when he was not we'd lose games...) .

It's a 26 yr club curse, the sooner he's gone and never has anything to do with the 'football' department - the better for our club.

Its a FACT.

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:45 am

themonk wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:

WCE out's were Sheppard, Nic and Gaff.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:26 am

There are interim reports that bucks will step down next week and Graham Wright will take over as senior coach
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:31 am

Interim reports. By posting this how much legitimacy can we believe without
something more substantial

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:35 am

To me Buckley isn’t really committed to coaching this season either time to go
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:39 am

Yes there could be that —his commitment may well have been affected by so many situations
Player movement
Racism
Eddie,s step down

But surely he has more intestinal fortitude than that to cave in

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:27 pm

90 nice wrote:
There are interim reports that bucks will step down next week and Graham Wright will take over as senior coach

Source?

What are "interim reports"?

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:33 pm

Nothing confirmed as yet. I feel bucks will coach on as much as he can. But he has to have his heart in it or its a waste of the clubs time.
Since eds gone bucks looks pretty flat.
Hope he still has the desire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 2 of 49   

Jump to: