Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan says “I will walk”

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will be Nathans fate this year...?!??
What are you talking about? Nathan is the messiah and will lead our club to its next flag!!
16%
 16%  [ 14 ]
Nathan comes to the realization that the club is bigger than him and that he needs to fall on his sword and resigns.
40%
 40%  [ 34 ]
Nathan finally gets the sack after another bad season.
42%
 42%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 83

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting concept has been raised by Kane Cornes on SEN (apologies but can't provide link as not on my PC). Anyhow, he raises the idea of a straight coach swap for 2022, with Hawthorn. Bucks for Clarkson, with a player draft pick or two, thrown in. A bit fanciful???
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:40 pm

Jezza wrote:
90 nice wrote:
There are interim reports that bucks will step down next week and Graham Wright will take over as senior coach

Source?

What are "interim reports"?

Ha ha, we are talking about "90 nice" the source is all in his head!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:50 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
An interesting concept has been raised by Kane Cornes on SEN (apologies but can't provide link as not on my PC). Anyhow, he raises the idea of a straight coach swap for 2022, with Hawthorn. Bucks for Clarkson, with a player draft pick or two, thrown in. A bit fanciful???

Will never happen.

Hawthorn aren't that stupid.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:50 pm

KenH wrote:

Fair point Laughing

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:59 pm

KenH wrote:
Jezza wrote:
90 nice wrote:
There are interim reports that bucks will step down next week and Graham Wright will take over as senior coach

Source?

What are "interim reports"?

more likely, he's on the sauce early on a Friday.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:15 pm

90 nice wrote:

thingsthatneverhappened.jpeg

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:20 pm

I hope he does still have the passion of his own making!!

If he needed Eddie to stoke up the fire in his belly then he should not be our coach

I see the man IMO a self driven person and would know more than us if he is totally committed

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:53 pm

90 nice wrote:

How do you reckon the posting unattributed bullshit like that helps anyone?
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:56 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

Buckley sucks, the club is overly obsessed with him and its cost us HUGE...

Great player, but totally self focused while playing (give me the ball.. and we did regularly... and other clubs knew that too... remember that period when Bucks was injured all the time, we'd win games, and when he was not we'd lose games...) .

It's a 26 yr club curse, the sooner he's gone and never has anything to do with the 'football' department - the better for our club.

Its a FACT.

Strong words, BWCW. Maybe not totally correct: I think Bucks was an excellent assistant coach. But I think his time as coach has pretty much been a slow motion tragedy. 2018 GF was a great achievement,but I think it was far more due to the presence of Longmuir and Hocking, than anything Bucks contributed. Since their departure, the slow motion tragedy continued, and indeed at the end of last year the speed of the movie accelerated with the ignominous treatment of Adam Treloar and the insane ejection of Jaidyn Stephenson. In summary, I too will be relieved when he walks.

matrix10 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:17 pm

[quote="The Boy Who Cried Wolf"]
themonk wrote:

We choose to not play Moore... he was 'declared fit' it was clearly a blunder, I even said so at the time, eagles big men killed us in a game we should have won even without Moore considering we were 5 goals up in the 1st 1/4

Great player, but totally self focused while playing (give me the ball.. and we did regularly... and other clubs knew that too... remember that period when Bucks was injured all the time, we'd win games, and when he was not we'd lose games...) .

It's a 26 yr club curse, the sooner he's gone and never has anything to do with the 'football' department - the better for our club.

Its a FACT.

first part of bolded is rubbish- Moore's hammy was declared fit previously only for him to limp off early in a game. No way he could be risked off such history and lack of actual match pratice
Second part of bolded I'll give you
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:33 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
think positive wrote:
I for one am already considering what i will do. And dont go nuts on me, ive stuck through good and bad times, but footy right now, the hubs last year when Melbourne was suffering, and the bullshit performances, the crap the AFL dishes up, im truly wondering why i bother. The never ending price rises, but get less for your money, the cold, the shit excuses for losses we should not of had, and every single off field behaviour issue, it all has an effect. .

I absolutely get where you're coming from TP. I've experienced an absolute crisis of faith during the past few months, beginning with the treatment of Treloar. It was like the religion I've believed in for fifty plus years (Collingwood) was shown to be just quackery. Crying or Very sad

The AFL and what they've done with the corporatization of the game has destroyed what drew me to it in the first place and has turned into just another form of entertainment (as is the case with most other sports). It doesn't endorse my core values anymore.

So, completely disillusioned and gutted, I thought about giving it all away. I wondered how I could ever feel passionate about the Pies again. I eventually understood that the elements that I loved about the game - the battle on the field; the courage, skill and determination; the comradeship; the loyalty; the joy of achievement; the grief of a loss; side by side - would still be there with the players who go out this season in the black and white. They will still stir my emotions.

So, it's the players themselves that I give my allegiance to from now on. I couldn't not follow the likes of Pendles, Adams, Coxy, Howie, young Daics, Darcy, Billy, Checkers, Maynard, Crispy etc. etc. as I have invested in their stories, just as I did with the hundreds of players who came before them. I don't identify with the actual club anymore, but I do still identify with the players in black and white.

Anyway, I hope you can resolve your own crisis of faith some how and that your own passion for the black and white will re-surface. It would be just so sad for you otherwise. (Putting my arms around you from cyberspace
Very Happy )

Cheers mate thankyou xxxx

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:41 pm

Jezza wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

Will never happen.

Hawthorn aren't that stupid.

But can we bribe him with lots of cash!!

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:27 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

Its a FACT.

Strong words, BWCW. Maybe not totally correct: I think Bucks was an excellent assistant coach. But I think his time as coach has pretty much been a slow motion tragedy. 2018 GF was a great achievement,but I think it was far more due to the presence of Longmuir and Hocking, than anything Bucks contributed. Since their departure, the slow motion tragedy continued, and indeed at the end of last year the speed of the movie accelerated with the ignominous treatment of Adam Treloar and the insane ejection of Jaidyn Stephenson. In summary, I too will be relieved when he walks.

I pretty much totally agree with what you've wrote above. I'm not saying Buck's doesn't understand 'football' and I'm pretty sure he was a good assistant coach... I also have big wraps for both Longmuir and Hocking's contributions - i was gutted when we let Hocking go..

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:05 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
90 nice wrote:

How do you reckon the posting unattributed bullshit like that helps anyone?

And not for the first time either. #postseasonsurgery

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:30 pm

I’d be looking at Nathan and saying “ Get some one to teach them to kick consistently to their own team mates”

Turnovers lost us goals and gave them goals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 3 of 49   

Jump to: