Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Preseason game over - Pies down to Tigers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:30 pm
Post subject: Preseason game over - Pies down to TigersReply with quote

2021 AAMI COMMUNITY SERIES

Round 1 • Collingwood v Richmond

Friday 5 March 2021 • 7:25 PM (AEDT)

Marvel Stadium

COLLINGWOOD

B: J.Howe 38 J.Roughead 23 B.Maynard 37
HB: J.Crisp 25 D.Moore 30 I.Quaynor 3
C: T.Brown 6 S.Pendlebury - C 10 J.Noble 9
HF: O.Henry 35 M.Cox 46 W.Hoskin-Elliott 32
F: J.Elliott 5 W.Kelly 20 J.Daicos 7
Foll: B.Grundy 4 J.De Goey 2 S.Sidebottom 22
I/C: J.Thomas 24 T.Ruscoe 21 C.Brown 17 J.Madgen 44 D.Cameron 14 T.Bianco 8 L.Greenwood 19 B.Sier 36
Emerg: T.Wilson 12 C.Poulter 27 N.Murphy 28 A.Tohill 43

Bit shocked to log in tonight and no one has mentioned the teams for tomorrow nights game.

As mentioned in the injury thread, Brody Mihocek will miss due to calf tightness. He is not in doubt for round 1.

JDG named which is great to see too. Adams has missed out, but is still a chance to play in round 1.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/555916/teams-high-flying-pie-returns-banned-tiger-named

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Presti35.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:26 pm

Team is almost identical to the mediocrity we delivered for most of last season. Hopefully the additions of Will Kelly, Sier, Bianco and Henry can spark us somewhat, but I’m not holding my breath. The only way this team improves is with a different mindset and a more attacking game style. A 20018-19 Grundy would help, too. But essentially, we’re the same 2020 team minus Treloar and Stephenson. Hmm...

Fingers crossed...

KickTruly Leo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:39 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Team is almost identical to the mediocrity we delivered for most of last season. Hopefully the additions of Will Kelly, Sier, Bianco and Henry can spark us somewhat, but I’m not holding my breath. The only way this team improves is with a different mindset and a more attacking game style. A 20018-19 Grundy would help, too. But essentially, we’re the same 2020 team minus Treloar and Stephenson. Hmm...

Fingers crossed...

The youngsters will be given a chance and be included gradually.
So it will take time, the old guard needs to perform and lead the way...
Else they will be replaced quicker than expected Rolling Eyes
The pressure is on for all and that is good.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:43 am

I’m boyed by the chance to unpack a new Collingwood side with Kelly ,Henry & co

And at times I’ll get frustrated we loose winnable games but just take into account these kids must grow into our roles

There are new champs launched all the time as Mother,s Day 2001 served up
A young kid fresh from co aligned Williamstown played game one —mum and I watched Alan Didak and all here know how that turned out

slangman 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:21 am

Looking forward to watching live footy after such a long time.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:21 pm

I dont think this game will be televised on Ch 7 in Melbourne.

Fox and Kayo subscribers will obviously be watching.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:06 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:

Fingers crossed...

Stephenson played 14 games for 14 goals, but was heavily out of form for much of the year. There was also some off field issues which probably didnt help his form. Treloar played 10 games for 1 goal and an average of 27 disposals. Both players will be hard to cover. And out of all the players we let go, those are the two who we'll miss the most on field.

But... Howe is back. Sidebottom is back. De Goey is back. Kelly is someone to be excited about. Maynard and Moore hopefully continue their AA form (I know Maynard missed the squad, but many had him in their team). IQ is someone to be excited about. Daicos is hopefully going to keep building on his fantastic 2020 season. And Grundy is fit and looking like he may get back into his AA form as well.

Ruscoe, Bianco and Henry could be anything really. We'll have to wait and see. And Sier... well his time is now. He'll be one that's looked at to cover the loss of Treloar. Can he get enough of the pill though? And can he be damaging enough with it? He's 23 now, so he needs to perform this year.

Sure we're not flag favourites, but there could be some improvement to come. We'll definitely need a smarter and more attacking game plan, thats for sure. As far as the players go, I think we're not too bad.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:40 pm
Post subject: First time at the footy since august 2019Reply with quote

First match attended since august 2019 for me
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:27 pm

Josh Daicos is starting to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger, and the less skillful C Brown is looking like Kink mini me.

And Tyler Anaconda Brown ate a big fat person whole, and suddenly doubled in size

OHenry is a gem & Bianco a future Sylvester Stallone, are the first two coming out of our Golden Newbie pile.

And btw IQ will breakout breakout this year.

and Kelly

Lotsa changes to look forward to..and much more to come
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:30 pm

Finally we get a taste of footy again.

Been sick of the bullshit that's been hanging over the club in the last month.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:31 pm

When one door shuts another opens so the saying goes —-Flip ,Treloar,Stevo all out that shut door
So a quick forward ,a winger and an outside mid are wanted

Three boys to step up and I liked Ruscoe last year but feel the forward comes
from Henry or Kelly (Mc Creery a smokie)

A mid either inside or out may come from Bianco or Sier

Now for a winger. Ain’t picked an option

Stevo played every game in 2018 from a start base. Why couldn’t Henry do simalar

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:30 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

Fingers crossed...

Stephenson played 14 games for 14 goals, but was heavily out of form for much of the year. There was also some off field issues which probably didnt help his form. Treloar played 10 games for 1 goal and an average of 27 disposals. Both players will be hard to cover. And out of all the players we let go, those are the two who we'll miss the most on field.

But... Howe is back. Sidebottom is back. De Goey is back. Kelly is someone to be excited about. Maynard and Moore hopefully continue their AA form (I know Maynard missed the squad, but many had him in their team). IQ is someone to be excited about. Daicos is hopefully going to keep building on his fantastic 2020 season. And Grundy is fit and looking like he may get back into his AA form as well.

Ruscoe, Bianco and Henry could be anything really. We'll have to wait and see. And Sier... well his time is now. He'll be one that's looked at to cover the loss of Treloar. Can he get enough of the pill though? And can he be damaging enough with it? He's 23 now, so he needs to perform this year.

Sure we're not flag favourites, but there could be some improvement to come. We'll definitely need a smarter and more attacking game plan, thats for sure. As far as the players go, I think we're not too bad.

That’s a pretty solid glass half full post. I tend to also think those three players won’t be missed as much as some think.

I view this year as a holding pattern and more a launching pad for 2022.
- We will either have a new coach or we won’t, depending on performances.
- Nick Daicos will likely be ready from round one
- Around 12 players will have had either their second or third pre season at the club
- And if you want to believe what even Collingwood are saying publicly, we will finally be in a position to go after a quality free agent.

Tonight is relevant but it’s not life or death. We don’t have to win but the team isn’t that far off full strength, so ideally we want to be in the game or thereabouts for the majority of the night.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:16 pm

Tonight counts for nothing in terms of the premiership proper but there is a few things I’m wanting to see
(1) How will the forward line function without JDG and Stephenson as the focal points
(2j How the new guys look
(3) Can Daicos and T Brown continue to improve
(4) Has our disposal by foot improved

For mine there are a few questions in some of our experienced players as well
Can Grundy recapture his 2019 form
Can Cox finally be a consistent marking forward
Will JDG make it as pure out and out midfielder
Can Sidey get back to his 2018 form after a dramatic drop in form over past 2yrs along with his kicking eff by foot dropping from 62% in 2018 to 41% in 2020
Can Pendles keep defying Father Time and keep having impact in most games he plays

Time will tell it’s a long season ahead so there’s time for all those players to show the supporters something
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:35 pm

On the way to the game! I can’t quite believe it! All I want is a really good effort no injuries and no bullshit from our side! Go pies!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21   

Jump to: