Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Preseason game over - Pies down to Tigers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

90 nice wrote:
Who here thinks richmond are a pack of pricks

I cannot argue with that !! Mad Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:48 pm

I reckon the Scoreboard was Closer the it Really Was.

When we played on and Moved ball Quickly we where Dangerous but moving it slow we where Horrendus.

Loved Quyanor Tonight Clearly BOG for me. Only stand out for me Tonight

Cox and Cameron where Dangerous when they got the Ball Delivered Well.

Pendles played the Worst Game he Played for a Long Time.

Moore Kicking needs to Improve as been Poor in the 2 Practice Games

Grundy was good without starting but was big Late in the Game.

De Goey was Big in 1st Half more Quieter in 2nd Half.

C Brown looks nothing close to a AFL Player.

Hard to beat Tigers when Umps Looks after them.

Bloody Injuries as well

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:37 pm

piedys wrote:
think positive wrote:
6 shitty points... but the fish and chips werent bad!

Good rant Jojo!
Happy that something went right at least.

Great to see you there flying the flag, as usual

Hehehehe thanks mate. Cheers xxxx

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:14 pm

It was only a practice game, so I'm not too fussed overall, but there are a few players who I have serious doubts about their worth.

Callum Brown - cannot kick

Tyler Brown - not much better

Madgen - frequently lacks awareness

Josh Thomas - useful in patches, but way too one sided

Hoskin-Elliott - talented, but way too soft and ineffective

Some of these are depth players and deserve to remain on our list, but hopefully will soon be squeezed out of our best 22.

The return of Mihocek, Adams and Sidey will improve our team considerably, and hopefully we don't field such a top heavy side with Grundy, Cox and Cameron. Imo, Cameron is likely to be on our list as insurance against an injury to Grundy or Cox.

Ruscoe will be OK, as will Henry. Eventually Kelly will get a chance to find form. I'm still confident we can have a good year, but not if we persist with playing players who lack the necessary skills (or grunt) required at the elite AFL level.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:59 pm

After watching the replay last night (or delayed start via Kayo) I thought we were a rabble most of the time.

I thought we were lucky to be that close.

However, as Culprit noted we are competitive, Moore as DTM has twice in two weeks kicked it short for turnover goals, Callum Brown is simply not good enough and should be called Turnover Brown, I’ll give Tyler one more year but he would not get a match in a top 4 team yet.

Cox started slow, knocked off the ball far too easily but when he started giving to Richmond and they started giving it to him he improved dramatically.

The fact that we got so close while playing poorly in a weird sense can be a cause for optimism.

I thought IQ was pretty good as was Noble. No one was outstanding. Richmond kook good and fast. I though Thomas was good too. Our fastest player who troubles opposition teams now wears blue and white vertical stripes.

Grundy got better as the match went on.

Hopefully it’s was a good hit our before round 1 although it didn’t inspire me with confidence

K 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:12 pm

watt price tully wrote:
I thought IQ was pretty good as was Noble. No one was outstanding. Richmond kook good and fast. I though Thomas was good too. Our fastest player who troubles opposition teams now wears blue and white vertical stripes.

Our fast player is Noble... But who is our fastest player who troubles opposition teams depends on whether you think Noble troubles opposition teams.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:14 pm

themonk wrote:
It's a preseason game people, calm down.

Only negatives are injuries.

Sadly, that's a huge negative.
Alex 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:45 pm

Writing off Tyler Brown is extremely harsh, he has only played 9 games and already shows signs.

Callum is too small, cant kick straight or more than 35 metres, and has awful desicion making. What I did notice was that his pressure was good.
Im not sure what position he can play... he doesnt kick enough goals to play forward, and he isnt good enough to play in the mid, so not sure where he fits in to this team.

WHE is so fustrating to watch. He has so much skill but cant find the footy!

I thought Madgen was poor, ran down multiple times, poor kicking and gave Jack a free goal.

Cameron, Cox, Grundy and Mihocek wont work for me, and unfortunatly Cameron makes way for now.

Other than Kelly and Sidey, two more need to make way for Adams and Mihocek against the Dogs, I think it needs to be Cameron and C Brown to make way, and maybe Greenwood or Mayne comes in for Thomas or Madgen if we need an extra mid. De Goey NEEDS to play more mid, he just showed what he can do against a top side, he is a game changer in the midfield so keep him in there!

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:17 pm

I thought last night at Marvel was a disgrace terrible horrible ques so long too just to go to the bathroom I think marvel has the worst organisation ever terrible place and has no feeling and plain horrible place to go to the footy
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:40 pm

Don’t forget richmond lost last week to demons so I wouldn’t read much into these practice matches
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:19 pm

K wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Our fast player is Noble... But who is our fastest player who troubles opposition teams depends on whether you think Noble troubles opposition teams.

Stop being so literal: I would have said black & white but you know I was referring to Stephenson 😉

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:28 pm

Alex wrote:
Writing off Tyler Brown is extremely harsh, he has only played 9 games and already shows signs.

Callum is too small, cant kick straight or more than 35 metres, and has awful desicion making. What I did notice was that his pressure was good.
Im not sure what position he can play... he doesnt kick enough goals to play forward, and he isnt good enough to play in the mid, so not sure where he fits in to this team.

WHE is so fustrating to watch. He has so much skill but cant find the footy!

I thought Madgen was poor, ran down multiple times, poor kicking and gave Jack a free goal.

Cameron, Cox, Grundy and Mihocek wont work for me, and unfortunatly Cameron makes way for now.

Other than Kelly and Sidey, two more need to make way for Adams and Mihocek against the Dogs, I think it needs to be Cameron and C Brown to make way, and maybe Greenwood or Mayne comes in for Thomas or Madgen if we need an extra mid. De Goey NEEDS to play more mid, he just showed what he can do against a top side, he is a game changer in the midfield so keep him in there!

I pretty much agree with you Alex.

Unlike Callum Brown, I'm not writing off Tyler, but atm he should not be in our best 22 imo. At least he has lightning quick hands in close and is a good size. However he does need to significantly improve his kicking skills if he is to make it as a regular AFL player.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:32 pm

T Brown 21 disposals yet only 6 kicks.
C Brown 19 disposals yet only 4 kicks.

That ratio is very disproportionate if anything you want the opposite but 1:1 at the absolute worst.

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:04 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
The game confirmed for me that Callum Brown is not a good enough kick for an AFL player and Tyler is not much better. Also, Moore needs to be instructed not to attempt short kicks as he almost always hits the opposition on the chest. We were way too top heavy imo. We can’t play Grundy, Cox and Cameron together, especially once Mihocek returns.

WHE should be dropped for an insipid performance. Sier did a bit but needs to do more.

We really need 2 more De Goeys. 😨

Agree with prey much all of that RB. The Browns are not just magically
Going to revert to effective AFL players - they are what they are. Conversely Josh Daicos is an absolute gun player. He looks to have taken another big step after a really good 2020. If you could have a B & F bet now I’d be backing Daics.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:46 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
T Brown 21 disposals yet only 6 kicks.
C Brown 19 disposals yet only 4 kicks.

That ratio is very disproportionate if anything you want the opposite but 1:1 at the absolute worst.

Geezus that’s huge! Scary

Daicos will be a star, love watching him

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21   

Jump to: