Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Preseason game over - Pies down to Tigers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
The game confirmed for me that Callum Brown is not a good enough kick for an AFL player and Tyler is not much better. Also, Moore needs to be instructed not to attempt short kicks as he almost always hits the opposition on the chest. We were way too top heavy imo. We can’t play Grundy, Cox and Cameron together, especially once Mihocek returns.

WHE should be dropped for an insipid performance. Sier did a bit but needs to do more.

We really need 2 more De Goeys. 😨

Agree with prey much all of that RB. The Browns are not just magically
Going to revert to effective AFL players - they are what they are. Conversely Josh Daicos is an absolute gun player. He looks to have taken another big step after a really good 2020. If you could have a B & F bet now I’d be backing Daics.

Out of interest, what sort of player was Josh Daicos after his first nine games.
I just don’t see how any criticism can be aimed at a young bloke who has played nine senior games of footy. When he starts going backwards for an extended period in his development, is when you start worrying about him.

Most players are still blowing out the cobwebs during practice matches. Even Pendles disposal was disappointing and Richmond’s pressure in the first half was very intense for a practice match.
And it’s not like he’s getting a game at the expense of a superstar. We’ve added around 12 young players to our list over the last two drafts and let go a lot of experience. Around a quarter of list isn’t even ready for senior footy, so unless you want to play one short, you keep playing Tyler in the seniors until someone better puts their hand up.
Not everyone hits the competition running like a Matt Rowell.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:54 pm

I feel they can get the Sherrin but they need to work on their kicking and their decision making
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:14 pm

think positive wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:
T Brown 21 disposals yet only 6 kicks.
C Brown 19 disposals yet only 4 kicks.

That ratio is very disproportionate if anything you want the opposite but 1:1 at the absolute worst.

Geezus that’s huge! Scary

Daicos will be a star, love watching him

Yeah, I forgot about Daicos. He continues to be very good.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:16 pm

I really don’t like the new man on the mark rule. I wish Steve Hocking would piss off & take his rule changes with him. All out attack is not a great spectacle.

I’m not sure what the push in the back rule is these days because there’s been more changes than there’s been Italian Governments.

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:29 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
The game confirmed for me that Callum Brown is not a good enough kick for an AFL player and Tyler is not much better. Also, Moore needs to be instructed not to attempt short kicks as he almost always hits the opposition on the chest. We were way too top heavy imo. We can’t play Grundy, Cox and Cameron together, especially once Mihocek returns.

WHE should be dropped for an insipid performance. Sier did a bit but needs to do more.

Going to revert to effective AFL players - they are what they are. Conversely Josh Daicos is an absolute gun player. He looks to have taken another big step after a really good 2020. If you could have a B & F bet now I’d be backing Daics.

Out of interest, what sort of player was Josh Daicos after his first nine games.
I just don’t see how any criticism can be aimed at a young bloke who has played nine senior games of footy. When he starts going backwards for an extended period in his development, is when you start worrying about him.

Most players are still blowing out the cobwebs during practice matches. Even Pendles disposal was disappointing and Richmond’s pressure in the first half was very intense for a practice match.
And it’s not like he’s getting a game at the expense of a superstar. We’ve added around 12 young players to our list over the last two drafts and let go a lot of experience. Around a quarter of list isn’t even ready for senior footy, so unless you want to play one short, you keep playing Tyler in the seniors until someone better puts their hand up.

Daicos showed one critical quality after one game - class. By all means we should play Tyler Brown & every other youngster on the list ahead of Thomas WHE, Mayne, Greenwood ETC To find out if they are any good. I just haven’t seen anything yet in Tyler Brown to say he will be any good. I would like to be wrong.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:44 am

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Daicos showed one critical quality after one game - class. By all means we should play Tyler Brown & every other youngster on the list ahead of Thomas WHE, Mayne, Greenwood ETC To find out if they are any good. I just haven’t seen anything yet in Tyler Brown to say he will be any good. I would like to be wrong.

Maybe “ class “ ( or lack of it ) is part of the problem when we’re all trying to pigeon hole Tyler . Genuine class is the cherry on top. Probably only 10 % ( ? ) of all AFL players play with genuine week in, week out class. I don’t think Tyler will ever be a classy player but I think he will be a very effective player as he continues to build his fitness base and fills out. He’s also got the body shape that looks like he could easily add 5 more kilos and become very hard to push off a contest. You also couldn’t ask for a better “ away from the game “ mentor than his father.
Player development isn’t a pastime for the impatient and you can’t buy experience off the shelf are a couple well worn cliches we should all consider when we start forming judgements on young players.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:48 am

I’m concerned about Will Kelly and with two games at top level has received broken bone in each

My point——is he a chalky bones person

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:37 am

BazBoy wrote:
I’m concerned about Will Kelly and with two games at top level has received broken bone in each

My point——is he a chalky bones person

He also had ankle surgery immediately after his final year in the U18s.

Its more likely plain bad luck than any calcium deficiency.
Off the top, I can’t think of any young player at AFL level who had to give the game away because he had chalky bones. Having said that, there’s always a first time.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:22 pm

Yes and there are tests for that which I’m assuming are part of physical a player participate,s in before club commits to signing them
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:55 pm

Ironic isn’t it that Will gets broken bones whilst Craig Kelly dished them out
K 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:50 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Maybe “ class “ ( or lack of it ) is part of the problem when we’re all trying to pigeon hole Tyler . Genuine class is the cherry on top. Probably only 10 % ( ? ) of all AFL players play with genuine week in, week out class. I don’t think Tyler will ever be a classy player but I think he will be a very effective player as he continues to build his fitness base and fills out. He’s also got the body shape that looks like he could easily add 5 more kilos and become very hard to push off a contest. You also couldn’t ask for a better “ away from the game “ mentor than his father.
Player development isn’t a pastime for the impatient and you can’t buy experience off the shelf are a couple well worn cliches we should all consider when we start forming judgements on young players.

The club did not do him any favours by comparing him with Nat Fyfe.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:06 pm

Remember form is temporary but class is permanent. Daicos is all class😍
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:30 pm

watt price tully wrote:
I really don’t like the new man on the mark rule. I wish Steve Hocking would piss off & take his rule changes with him. All out attack is not a great spectacle.

I’m not sure what the push in the back rule is these days because there’s been more changes than there’s been Italian Governments.

Doesn't look like footy.
I think there will be many more goals scored this year
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:49 pm

Lazza wrote:
Remember form is temporary but class is permanent. Daicos is all class😍

Absolutely and the fitter you are, the more you get to show your class.
The irony is that as skilled as Daicos is, the vast majority on here had him delisted by the end of 2018 or still not convinced in 2019.

More than anything, you need to be AFL standard fit first before you will ever show your full potential.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:22 pm

Magden is a absolutely a spud player If he is in our best 25 we got problems
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21   

Jump to: