Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Preseason game over - Pies down to Tigers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

GreekLunatic wrote:
Magden is a absolutely a spud player If he is in our best 25 we got problems

Howe Roughead Maynard
Quaynor Moore Crisp / Noble

Not a Madgen to be seen.
Was disappointing against Richmond but wasn’t alone. Will be interesting to see which way he goes on the back of that performance.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:53 pm

Haven't read the whole thread so far so this is my take on the game. Apologies if these have already been mentioned.

1. Madgen is not AFL standard, depth at best. Anyone who thinks different has rocks in their head.
2. Cal Brown has to improve his disposal, especially his kicking.Until then, it's VFL time for him. He played centre in his under age time but hasn't been given that opportunity yet. Might be worth a try. May be a little small, but that hasn't stopped Lachie Neale and others like him.
3. Tyler Brown needs more time in VFL. Shows signs but disposal, like his brother, is also poor. Promising though.
4. WHE needs VFL time. Don't need to explain.
5. JT is not AFL standard in MHO. Just does not do enough and when he gets it, you don't want to be on the end of it.
6. Blokes like Greenwood and Mayne need to make way for younger players. Where were they tonight? Henry was the only one. Last time 4 or 5 "established" players were flicked and replaced by youngsters was 2010. Remember what happened.
7. Our downright refusal to recruit tall forwards is still killing us. Cox is just hit and miss. Essendon has recruited about 5 tall players and now have also recruited Kane Baldwin, who if he hadn't had a bad injury 2 years ago, was going to be a top 10 recruit. Could have tried harder for Peter Wright, maybe be not a world beater, but grew up with the game and has more game awareness than Cox.
8. Need to find a replacement for Roughy. He is getting on and is looking decidedly slow. If Keane is the one, give him games. I think Kelly, once he is over his injuries, is a must down back. That's where he has played most of his footy.
9. Sidebottom HAS to play forward, his footy smarts and skill will get him goals every week. We don't need him up the ground any longer.
10. The game plan, from what I see in 2 community games, is the same as last year. Where was the dare that was promised?

We won't be winning the flag this year so new things must be tried. Otherwise it's a clear definition of madness. Doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:49 pm

^ Mayne was watching from home. And Wright came with a heavy contract that I believe put us off.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:20 am

Watching the game live I get excited and a little irrational (passion beats logic)

But I’ve looked at the replay of qtr 1,2 & 3 —from and ordinary first qtr they began to improve and feel their second half was not too bad and yes they say Tigers took key players off still came home well (as they did against Cats)

That said the side not settled and still need to improve transition without costly poor kicks and decisions

Look forward with a little confidence-must remain positive

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:58 pm

Gee not much has changed over the preseason this year. Looks like a carbon copy of 2020 with only one notable player added.
The transition of players from old to new will be slow and cautious and will only happen if injuries allow the new players opportunity for consistency in the VFL and let’s face it that will not be the case.
Our ability to lock the footy in the forward half is nonexistent and taking the footy out of our back half is our achillies heel. Tough season ahead but it’s that way for 12 other clubs as well. Transition footy is all bucks spoke about eight to ten years ago and we still don’t do it fluently. God it must be hard to do in a game. Training to do it is one thing but put a different colour jumper out there with you and it’s near impossible.

Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:12 pm

Coxy is waaaay better than 2 metre Peter. He was one of the few players who intimidated and frequently dominated Richmond. And it's not the first time. He gets under their skin and in their heads and rattles them.

I'm sick of people making big calls about some of our players when they clearly haven't watched the game!

I wanted to see Greenwood out there. He may be just a goer, but he's one of our few intimidators. He's the sort of bloke you want out there taking some heat off the younger fellas.

Let's not jump the gun. It was a practice match and was probably one of the most Round 1-like versions I've seen!

I'm hoping C Brown can be developed into a Sam Mitchell type. Mitchell was clever at reading the play. That doesn't happen straight away. I hope he gets the chance to develop more as he becomes more attuned to playing amongst the men and becomes more composed at this elite level. His kicking is woeful I agree. But he could become a solid in and under mid who dishes out to the more naturally gifted. We really missed Adams a lot.

Hoping to see a few of our blokes find a bit of mongrel in the.

Josh Thomas was probably one of our best ball users in that game. We have plenty of room for improvement and I'm gonna be patient.

Quaynor is a RIPPER!! Mihocek, Mayne and Adams bring plenty of mature hard experience to that side.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:57 pm

C Brown develop into a Sam Mitchell type??? WHAT?

Mitchell could pin point team mates off both feet from 50m.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:07 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
C Brown develop into a Sam Mitchell type??? WHAT?

Mitchell could pin point team mates off both feet from 50m.

Yeah, I thought the same thing too. Mitchell's disposal was exquisite.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:10 am

C.Brown may be a late developer 😱
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:19 am

We need to be very patient with the young developing guys🥺 Takes time to learn all the ropes and put all the coaching advice into practice.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:42 pm

You guys are delusional. Sam Mitchell NEVER kicked 50m in his life. Because he knew he couldn't. He kicked pretty well over 35 to 40 meters, he hand balled really well over about 15 to 20 meters and he knew more about the game and how it was played than most teams combined. But his foot skills weren't his forte, his knowledge and awareness, including of his own limitations, were. C Brown may never be a Sam Mitchell but it wont be cause he can't pinpoint a team mate at 50m!

- Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21   

Jump to: