Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Preseason game over - Pies down to Tigers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slangman 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to finally watch live footy albeit at Marvel.

Not the result that we were after but it was only a pre season game.
Some very good performances from IQ and JDG. Daicos was very good in patches as was Howe in his first game in quite a while.

The usual Nicks whipping boys (C Brown, Thomas and WHE) did themselves no favours with their performances whilst Moore was responsible for 3 of the Tigers 4 goals in the first quarter.

The game plan doesn’t look any different to the last two years so I’m expecting similar results. The reliance on the same players needs to change or we won’t be anywhere near challenging for the flag.

Can’t wait for RD1.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:59 am

6 shitty points, but quite frankly im not convinced. headless chooks, tinky-winky passed to dipsy, who tried to pass to laa-laa but it didnt make the 5 metres required, but sun baby picked it up and hand passed it to Po, not easy when your hands are basically stuffed mittens. seriously, how many silly dinky kicks? so many cant kick a decent 10-15 metres, and are they colour blind?? 44 kicked to the tigers more than the tigers did combined. JT not good enough, the brown bros are crying into their grapes, the younger is better, but neither are close to the son of god, who thankfully really looks to be a player. did moore learn nothing from daisy?? he needs to lose this new ridiculous hairdo and go back to the old ridiculous hairdo. the tigers looked slick, and not breaking a sweat marking in our 50, and just strolling it out the back with hand passes, and what are those things called??? oh yes, kicks!! the non swearing thing is really taking a toll on my treasured line : KICK THE $$%^%%$ THING!

i feel so sorry for the defence, we get it out, 44 or Moore give it back, we get it out, rinse repeat, we finally get to our end and BOMBBBB there it goes, smack into the hands of a tiger! i mean i figured it first 1/4 - of the first game last year! its not working, try something else

at least cox gave us something to cheer! WHE gave me a stirring in the loins, and then pow, just like that it was all over. WHE, JT how much is that??? at least half a Treloar! and no where near as handy to have

but it was shit. so hard to watch. thank God for De Gogo and Isaac. its going to be a long cold winter, and it was freezing there tonight!!

special mention to the captain, that last kick for goals, take a special man to screw that one up are we tanking??

but the fish and chips werent bad!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:38 am

One goal loss against the all conquering Tigers cant be too bad, i never saw any of it, but at least we must have put in a solid effort, as we did last week, play more kids, see how it pans out. Im satisfied thus far.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:07 am

Losing Kelly is a real blow. We need to play our kids to move forward - & he looks potentially very good. Sidebottom injured too, so not a good outcome at all
themonk 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:32 am

Not a bad hit out, some really good stuff.

It's all about the injuries, if we have out best 18-20 on the park every week then we'll go far.

Based on our recent history, that's a big IF.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:47 am

So long as Richmond play Chol in the ruck against Grundy, we're a chance to beat them.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:46 am

The game confirmed for me that Callum Brown is not a good enough kick for an AFL player and Tyler is not much better. Also, Moore needs to be instructed not to attempt short kicks as he almost always hits the opposition on the chest. We were way too top heavy imo. We can’t play Grundy, Cox and Cameron together, especially once Mihocek returns.

WHE should be dropped for an insipid performance. Sier did a bit but needs to do more.

We really need 2 more De Goeys. 😨
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:51 am

slangman wrote:
Good to finally watch live footy albeit at Marvel.

Not the result that we were after but it was only a pre season game.
Some very good performances from IQ and JDG. Daicos was very good in patches as was Howe in his first game in quite a while.

The usual Nicks whipping boys (C Brown, Thomas and WHE) did themselves no favours with their performances whilst Moore was responsible for 3 of the Tigers 4 goals in the first quarter.

The game plan doesn’t look any different to the last two years so I’m expecting similar results. The reliance on the same players needs to change or we won’t be anywhere near challenging for the flag.

Can’t wait for RD1.

You should watch the replay: Thomas played a very good game. You were right about the other two.

themonk 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:55 am

It's a preseason game people, calm down.

Only negatives are injuries.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:26 am

think positive wrote:
6 shitty points... but the fish and chips werent bad!

Good rant Jojo!
Happy that something went right at least.

Great to see you there flying the flag, as usual

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:37 am

Two weeks —two Grand finals teams.

In both games we started slow and got behind

Not a cohesive effort in both games at early part but in both fought back

Big room for improvement and they know they have to but also showed they can fight to the finish

And hey there’s a season to build something

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:05 am

If we played the team who has won three of the last four flags every week, then I would be more concerned.
Their back six is as good a team collective you will see in modern footy and they will start the season as premiership favourites for a very good reason.

Quaynor was excellent ( apart from a couple one outs against Martin ) and looks to have taken the next step up.
When Sier plays well, he’s a real plus for us on the inside. IF ( !! ) this could be his break out season, it would add some considerable flexibility to how we set up in the middle.
And all the knockers of Tyler Brown ( after 10 games 😂 ) should remind themselves they were also happy to write off Daicos after his first 20 games.

I wouldn’t be reaching for the closest sharp object just yet.

Last edited by Pies2016 on Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:36 am

Yes it was a practice match and yes we only went down by a kick. The scoreboard flattered us, at times the Tigers looked to have more players on the ground than we did. The positive is we are a competitive team, the negative is we are not top four.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:35 pm

Who here thinks richmond are a pack of pricks
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:39 pm

Some positive signs in the 2nd half but they had put away Grimes, Cotchin and Dusty hardly was on the park late. Could have easily thrown in the towel when we were 5 goals down but didn’t.

Unfortunately the same issues willplague us again, injuries and poor disposal/decision. So I am not expecting things to be much different to last year. Might sneak into finals if we get some luck with injuries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 18 of 21   

Jump to: