Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Dogs. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

doriswilgus wrote:
I’ve never seen an ex player embraced so warmly by his former team mates after the game.

There were clearly a few exceptions.
It is still a visible mess.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:50 pm

90 nice wrote:
Buckley and Harvey sando are finished and they know it

I suspect you’re right (unless you’re wrong of course)

I think they are not going to be part of Collingwood’s coaching picture by the end of the season.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:50 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
I’ve never seen an ex player embraced so warmly by his former team mates after the game.

There were clearly a few exceptions.
It is still a visible mess.

Yep. +1

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:03 pm

slangman wrote:

Pretty simple really.
Hocking was to be the VFL coach last year so when the VFL was cancelled due to the pandemic he was out of a job.
Surprising though that they didn’t rate him enough to bring him back into the AFL fold one way or another.

Who didn't rate him ?
Leadership group / mid-field ? Board ? Bucks Banger Sando and Ed ?

What is the knock on Budda ?
I'd follow him to the proverbial war tomorrow if he was leading the charge.
PM me if it's sensitive. It makes absolutely no obvious sense he is not there.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:43 pm

The second whiskers arrived - things started changing... now obviously I have zero idea what exact influence he had at our club... but the timing of things going from bad to good and than back to bad again is astounding!!!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:04 pm

That’s a fair point ducky
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:09 pm

Least we lost to a quality team, and not last yrs wooden spooner, the Cats fans are going apeshit. I feel a little better now, not much, but a little.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:35 pm

Well, that was more-or-less expected. You can't be slower, physically inferior and have less desire than the opposition. Made worse by being undercooked, as if reigning premiers easing into a season.

Lots of outdated thinking trapped in every crevice of the club, I'm afraid.

We can't keep hoping the same players will be sufficient and holding spots waiting for already mature players to come good.

The midfield is emblematic. It doesn't matter how good in certain areas Pendles, Adams and de Goey are; together, they're too slow and not explosive or physically intimidating (de Goey could be). Brown on the wing is too slow, making things worse, while Noble, like Josh Thomas, Sier (and Madgen down back), is a 'good reserves player'. No shame on them, no ill feeling, but you use them as good reserves players and stop papering over cracks.

Grundy has demons, making things still worse, but at least you know he does have the physical capabilities. And no, Treloar would not make that mix any better. Get Grundy on the psych couch, not physio couch.

The disappointing thing was Quaynor fumbling the entire game as if on debut. Perhaps he just had a late preparation. He actually has the attributes, but I would've expected confidence, not fear, from someone with those attributes in the opening game of the year.

Now to find tough but stable and smart club leaders. And that means fighting off a raft of unqualified hacks and chancers while looking for those with smarts, toughness and football sense. Richmond's best recruit a decade ago was Benny Gale. We too have to stop hiring people who make us feel good because they're as flawed and batty as we are.

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:02 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
FWIW, here's my 2 bobs worth.

It's only round one and many teams have rebounded after a bad start, but....

I've probably been one of Buck's strongest supporters on Nicks, however, unless we show a dramatic improvement in form, this will most certainly be his last season as coach. Regardless of win/loss ratios, over the past decade we have failed to develop an identifiable brand of football, apart from being a "grunt team". "Grunt" simply means hard at it in my book. Every good team should display plenty of grunt. Watching the Bulldogs, they play on instinct, throwing the ball around to outside running players, and it's an exciting brand. Similarly with the Tigers.

Whether our dourness is due to the coach or our recruiters, I don't know, but as others have noted, even our young talent has a sameness about them. The fact that our ageing captain is still by far and away our best player, is a damning indictment on our list. Watching at the G last night I reckon Quaynor was our only genuinely fast player. Maybe we shout try him in the midfield, which after all is where games are won or lost. Once again we dominated the hitouts, but the Bulldogs won the clearances. Why we have persevered with Harvey as our midfield coach is beyond me.

I was excited when we recruited him, but Hoskin-Elliott has been a great disappointment. He should be dropped.

It's clear to me (I know it's only round one) we will not challenge for the flag this year, so let's play a bunch of kids and fast track their development.

One thing I would implore all fans to do, is to stick with the team and Bucks this year, supporting them all the way. I was saddened to hear some so-called "fans" shouting abuse at our players and coach at the game last night. They are all doing their best, even if their best is not good enough.

If we are going to play a bunch of kids at some point, it cannot, under any circumstance be Buckley. It needs fresh eyes and approach to the player list and Bucks is definitely not the answer.

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:09 pm

Put it all together.

Forward line chaos, due to a lack of system and personnel, poor midfield set ups restricting clearance chances, a coach that throws players under the bus and lies about the playing group.

This is Collingwood of 2021. This is Buckley.

He has to go and go sooner than later and Sanderson and Harvey must go with him.

Play the kids? I'm predicting Buckley will play them like a revolving door - out after one poor game then in, then out, then in, then out, until he stuffs them and their future careers.

Our Clown Coach has to go and go quickly, he should not be allowed to lame duck limp to the end of the season.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:15 pm

Just watching the Adelaide Geelong game, and I am so envious at how brilliantly Adelaide's 3 gamers and debutantes played.
We seem so far behind in all aspects of the game: injury management, recruitment, development of young players....

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:25 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Just watching the Adelaide Geelong game, and I am so envious at how brilliantly Adelaide's 3 gamers and debutantes played.
We seem so far behind in all aspects of the game: injury management, recruitment, development of young players....

It makes me question the effectiveness of whatever we did over the pre-season. And whose responsibility is that again?

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:48 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
SHHHHHHHH its a big secret - if we tell the plebs we're rebuilding (again) they'll tear the walls down!!!!!!!!!

We are not in a rebuild, otherwise what's the point of continuing with Pendles, Sidey, Howe, Mayne, Greenwood, Roughy, Cox?
We are not having a tilt at the flag, otherwise we'd have retained Treloar at all costs.
We are now spending a year "on hold" as Bucks tries to develop the kids whilst not dropping so far down the ladder as to get the chop and the club wrestles with whether to sack the messiah.
If Bucks goes, we can both thank Ed for saving the club and giving us 2010 and condemn Ed for pissing 2012-2021 up against the wall.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:08 pm

Interesting start to season when we play scrappy footy against a 2020 finalist
and lose by 16 pts

Meanwhile Grand Finalist Geelong go down 2020 lowly Crows

And another 2020 finalist getting stitched up by Sydney

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:17 pm

Look at the KP players Essendon have recruited in the last draft.

Swans rebuild starting come good too.

Hine needs to go this season.

Refresh the whole football dept

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18   

Jump to: