Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Dogs. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
We looked rusty, and it was game 1, once upon a time, before everything was micromanaged no-one would have been too worried. But the 24/7 newscycle doesn't allow patience now.

Having said that, it looked like Western Bulldogs firsts against our seconds plus Moore, Pendles and Crisp. But we will get better. However, lose the next 4 and it will be under a new coach in round 6. That's just the business, it ain't personal.

I for one hope that happens. There was no sign of hope tonight. Young fellas didn’t show a thing and it was just the same old shit game plan. Also I hope we haven’t seen the decline of Pendles, he had a shocker by his standards. Next week gonna hurt!

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:44 pm

shawthing wrote:
Born to Pie wrote:
Is it just me or does it seem like some supporters should look up the meaning of supporters.

True loyalists want their club to win. True loyalists are prepared not to support a coach because he was once a good player. But Buckley has shown no ability to coach and when we sack him, he'll be lucky to get an assistant's position at another club. He's McGuire's legacy that just keeps on giving Razz Embarassed

Buckley should have gone with Eddie, because he was the reason Lumumba started the whole racism row. The club is a total mess. Poor Murray Weideman. He deserved better!

Disgusting you mention Weideman in this context. Disgraceful.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:46 pm

Our defence, and our pressure, kept us in the game.
Pendles is such a champion..made costly errors tonight, but precisely because they were so costly, indicates that as usual he is in the critical position to play the critical role. just needs to blow away the cobwebs.
cox played well, great signs
Grundy played a terrible game. Just let english dominate him. WTF. I have never before seen Grundy so subservient to the opposition. He had more of an impact in the last quarter, but when it was too late.
Trey Ruscoe and Ollie Henry...were starved of opportunity by our lack of midfield propulsion. However, when we got the ball forward, they were unable to exert any impact and seemed overwhelmed by the pressure levels.
Defence magnificent: Moore and Howe together prevented the entire Bulldog F50 from scoring. Roughead valiant as well, and Maynard, Crispie were likewise very good.
Noble seems too slight to be a mid..physically pushed off the ball too often.
JT: Do not denigrate this guy. Tried constantly and created opportunities, while attempting to maximise scoring opportunities. I thought he was good.
JDG: well yes, we needed him in the midfield, but we need him in F50 as well. Just not enough quality mids to compete at top level, I am afraid. Sier showed a few signs, but did not exert enough influence. However, we are early days, and I am thinking he has plenty of scope to improve. There was moment when he looked like Dusty.
Overall: cannot yet decide how we stand. Definitely not top 4, but if our skill errors are just due to lack of practice, we can improve significantly.
Grundy needs to lift, or we will spiral downwards.

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:46 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Clearly this will be Buckley’s last year,but I think Hine should go with him.Did you see some of our young guns tonight?They looked slow and bland,Hine specialties.He never recruits indigenous players,players with a bit of speed,skill and flair.It’s always these vanilla utility types with him who add nothing to the team.I’m hoping he goes with Buckley at the end of the year,and we get a recruiter who values a bit of speed and skill for a change.

Sounds like he recruits to Buckley's specifications.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:47 pm

Look; the effort was there, the execution was for the most part: sloppy.

Missed way too many targets by hand and foot, while your opponent is clinical, this reeked of disaster. Too many slipped tackles.

Dropped marks in F50 [each quarter], even Howe in last quarter, get turned over by quality opposition into soda goals.

We effectively beat ourselves tonight.

And I told you in the pre-game that lowlife KUNT Rosebury would reem us every chance he got, and he did.

Ruscoe lost whatever X-factor he held from 2020; VFL beckons.
Mayne and/or Sidey to return against the Scum.

Clean up disposal standard during training, and we might be a show next week.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:47 pm

We are soooooo far behind the pack. A seven year contract to a f@&$ing ruck man who is the dumbest footballer I’ve ever seen. Greed, ignorance and no premiership desires. You can f@&$ off forever.
Pendels rubbish
Taylor the worst game I’ve seen him play and there’s been a few
Degoey bad night
That’s the starting midfield🤬
Wow are we going to cop shit in the media and deservedly so

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:50 pm

the only positive from tonight was that nick daicos played a blinder in the vfl. shame we have to wait a year to play him.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:50 pm

Big T wrote:
If Grundy isn't dropped i will spew. He is deplorable.

Will not happen as long as our arses point to the ground.

Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:51 pm

piedys wrote:
Look; the effort was there, the execution was for the most part: sloppy.

Missed way too many targets by hand and foot, while your opponent is clinical, this reeked of disaster. Too many slipped tackles.

Dropped marks in F50 [each quarter], even Howe in last quarter, get turned over by quality opposition into soda goals.

We effectively beat ourselves tonight.

And I told you in the pre-game that lowlife KUNT Rosebury would reem us every chance he got, and he did.

Ruscoe lost whatever X-factor he held from 2020; VFL beckons.
Mayne and/or Sidey to return against the Scum.

Clean up disposal standard during training, and we might be a show next week.

Okay who has hijacked Dysos laptop? Dyso we demand a proper rant.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:53 pm

blackandwhite4life wrote:
How would Buckley feel watching EVERY single Pies player throwing their arms around Treloar and showing how much he still means to them.

That was the highlight of the night for me. Very gratifying to see Adz get both the support of his new team mates and his old ones. Smile

I wondered after the trade saga whether Bucks might lose the respect and buy in of the players after his involvement in the Treloar debacle. Perhaps still too soon to know, but it didn't look as though the boys were anywhere near as desperate as the Bulldogs. Perhaps 'side by side" doesn't mean as much to them anymore either Crying or Very sad

Darcy Moore - how good is he???????
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:57 pm

dalyc wrote:
shawthing wrote:
Born to Pie wrote:
Is it just me or does it seem like some supporters should look up the meaning of supporters.

True loyalists want their club to win. True loyalists are prepared not to support a coach because he was once a good player. But Buckley has shown no ability to coach and when we sack him, he'll be lucky to get an assistant's position at another club. He's McGuire's legacy that just keeps on giving Razz Embarassed

Buckley should have gone with Eddie, because he was the reason Lumumba started the whole racism row. The club is a total mess. Poor Murray Weideman. He deserved better!

Disgusting you mention Weideman in this context. Disgraceful.

No you clown. Weideman is why we were wearing black armbands. But we played like we couldn't care. Poor Murray would have killed for Collingwood.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:00 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
blackandwhite4life wrote:
How would Buckley feel watching EVERY single Pies player throwing their arms around Treloar and showing how much he still means to them.

That was the highlight of the night for me. Very gratifying to see Adz get both the support of his new team mates and his old ones. Smile

I wondered after the trade saga whether Bucks might lose the respect and buy in of the players after his involvement in the Treloar debacle. Perhaps still too soon to know, but it didn't look as though the boys were anywhere near as desperate as the Bulldogs. Perhaps 'side by side" doesn't mean as much to them anymore either Crying or Very sad

Darcy Moore - how good is he???????

I thought the boys were pretty desperate tonight PP, but significantly inferior to wB in disposal quality and the appalling lack of ability to seize possession from clearances.
But yes, with all the trauma of the adam treloar saga, the fact that the boys congratulated Adz gives the lie to Buckley's claim that Adz had lost the support of the senior players. Unfortunately, could indeed augur a breakdown in cohesion and loyalty to Bucks, which we all knew was a definite possibility. For me, I am not sure yet, whether this is the case. But we will know sooner rather than later.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:04 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Our defence, and our pressure, kept us in the game.
Pendles is such a champion..made costly errors tonight, but precisely because they were so costly, indicates that as usual he is in the critical position to play the critical role. just needs to blow away the cobwebs.
cox played well, great signs
Grundy played a terrible game. Just let english dominate him. WTF. I have never before seen Grundy so subservient to the opposition. He had more of an impact in the last quarter, but when it was too late.
Trey Ruscoe and Ollie Henry...were starved of opportunity by our lack of midfield propulsion. However, when we got the ball forward, they were unable to exert any impact and seemed overwhelmed by the pressure levels.
Defence magnificent: Moore and Howe together prevented the entire Bulldog F50 from scoring. Roughead valiant as well, and Maynard, Crispie were likewise very good.
Noble seems too slight to be a mid..physically pushed off the ball too often.
JT: Do not denigrate this guy. Tried constantly and created opportunities, while attempting to maximise scoring opportunities. I thought he was good.
JDG: well yes, we needed him in the midfield, but we need him in F50 as well. Just not enough quality mids to compete at top level, I am afraid. Sier showed a few signs, but did not exert enough influence. However, we are early days, and I am thinking he has plenty of scope to improve. There was moment when he looked like Dusty.
Overall: cannot yet decide how we stand. Definitely not top 4, but if our skill errors are just due to lack of practice, we can improve significantly.
Grundy needs to lift, or we will spiral downwards.

Yeh, i pretty well agree with all that, if De Goey had kicked those 2 he usually eats for breakfast, and Thomas held that mark an goaled, would have been lot closer, Dogs had all the luck , we had zilch. Moore was magnificent, our backs were under immense pressure but hung tough, i actually thought Noble was good, never gave up, Quarner, Crisp, hung in there. Cox tried hard, but our forwards werent cohesive, thats for sure. Early days yet, next few weeks will tell the tale.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:05 pm

After the first quarter, I'd have shifted De Goey onto Bailey Smith (the mullet bloke) because at least he was always where the ball was.
Why are other forwards going up in the same pack as Cox? His job is to mark or bring to ground. The Footscray blokes knew that and scouted the packs relentlessly all night. Where were our little blokes like Elliott, Daicos, De Goey, Hoskin-Elliott and the rest?
One thing for sure, Moore will leather poisoning if he doesn't die from exhaustion first. He's a shoo-in for the Copeland already.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:09 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
the only positive from tonight was that nick daicos played a blinder in the vfl. shame we have to wait a year to play him.

You must be blind mate, Darcy Moore was bloody magnificent. come on. Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18   

Jump to: