Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Petracca Pie? Not anymore.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s one thing to want to back the draft, which we’ve mostly ignored under Buckley preferring to trade first rd picks...But Sidebottom is finished, Pendlebury is nearly done, we have no A grade midfielders and injecting an elite goal kicking midfielder into the group is exactly what’s needed.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:14 am

eddiesmith wrote:
It’s one thing to want to back the draft, which we’ve mostly ignored under Buckley preferring to trade first rd picks...But Sidebottom is finished, Pendlebury is nearly done, we have no A grade midfielders and injecting an elite goal kicking midfielder into the group is exactly what’s needed.

You’re the one who keeps telling everyone we have no money left after Grundys contract and that no one would bother coming to Collingwood, so why are we entertaining “ pie in the sky “ that won’t happen anyway.
At least plan for something more achievable, like building up a war chest over the next couple years ( post Pendles and Sidey etc ) and investing in some scoreboard pressure who also straightens us up and knows how to play key position forward correctly. We won’t be any good for a few years, so there’s no hurry. Just get it right when that time arrives.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:39 am

If we hold off for free agency, both Pendlebury and Sidebottom will be gone which would open up a lot of cap room, plus JDG will be out of contract and we’ll know if he’s actually worth keeping on his current value.

Plus after a year under the new coach the place might look more inviting to a lifelong Collingwood supporter.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:13 pm

Sadly, I think Petracca will be Kouta-like.

Meaning he grows up an absolute die-hard Pies fan and will play his career at one of the arch-rival clubs.

If the Dees were looking like they were a few years ago, he might try to leave. But they're def looking like a top 4 side and a chance to make the big one. Long way to go, but you'd think he wouldn't be asking for a move right now.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:41 pm

Well, if the Dees make the GF and we finish bottom 2, it would be an unusual move...
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:45 am

eddiesmith wrote:
Petracca would be a massive get, but it's hard to see how it happens, why would he leave Melbourne for Collingwood? Plus we've already got our marquee player for the next 7 years...

One player does not a marquee make.

Nicky is the most anticipated magpie since the ‘70s, he’s racked up 3 best ons from 4 starts already this year. Last week it was just a lazy 40 touches & 3 goals.
He’s also been training at the club, running drills & doing strength training with some of our best.

But not on his own. By the time he’s ready to rock the ones, we’ll likely have lost Pendles, Steelo, & a couple more.
Before the trade fiasco I was fairly sanguine about the next year or two. Some good kids coming through & a couple more to come. The chance of an imported gun on the way, maybe Merret or Petracca coming. (I too am a big Petracca fan, a gun, a ‘pie, & a perfect match for Nicky D).
Losing our gun forward & our best runner flushed that down the shitter, but more importantly we’ve still learned nothing about managing young men and the huge part psychology plays in the modern game, we see it every week).

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:57 am

35forever wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Petracca would be a massive get, but it's hard to see how it happens, why would he leave Melbourne for Collingwood? Plus we've already got our marquee player for the next 7 years...

Nicky is the most anticipated magpie since the ‘70s, he’s racked up 3 best ons from 4 starts already this year. Last week it was just a lazy 40 touches & 3 goals.
He’s also been training at the club, running drills & doing strength training with some of our best.

But not on his own. By the time he’s ready to rock the ones, we’ll likely have lost Pendles, Steelo, & a couple more.
Before the trade fiasco I was fairly sanguine about the next year or two. Some good kids coming through & a couple more to come. The chance of an imported gun on the way, maybe Merret or Petracca coming. (I too am a big Petracca fan, a gun, a ‘pie, & a perfect match for Nicky D).
Losing our gun forward & our best runner flushed that down the shitter, but more importantly we’ve still learned nothing about managing young men and the huge part psychology plays in the modern game, we see it every week).

Good post; mostly because I agree with it Wink

35forever 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:38 am

Presti35 wrote:
Sadly, I think Petracca will be Kouta-like.

Meaning he grows up an absolute die-hard Pies fan and will play his career at one of the arch-rival clubs.

If the Dees were looking like they were a few years ago, he might try to leave. But they're def looking like a top 4 side and a chance to make the big one. Long way to go, but you'd think he wouldn't be asking for a move right now.

That would be ironic.
Our star recruit for 2021, despite his Dad & brother, is a lifelong Carlton fan. I wonder if we can find a way to cock the whole thing up & give him to Carlton for a slab & 2 packets of Monte Carlos? If anyone can...

Playing for your childhood club is a huge deal for some kids, for others it’s no biggie. I remember making the conscious decision that I wouldn’t continue playing after under 18s coz (pre-draft) I would have to go to North or even Carlton. I just couldn’t stand the thought. (Plus at 6’6” coaches always wanted me to play ruck, & I desperately wanted to be a FF like the bloke on the left there <—.
Yeah, it prolly wouldn’t have mattered. I was OK, but I’m sure I wasn’t a big danger of sharing a locker room with Daicos & Millane. My brother, like most younger bros, was prolly better, & though he even had yellow boots, like his hero Peter Knights, he didn’t care much where he played. But he chose cricket. And there were already too many keepers...

Collingwood might hold some appeal for Christian, if only because being a Collingwood legend is the biggest thing one can be, especially one who’s part of our famous run of Grand Finals from 2025 to 2030, incredibly emulating our run of a century earlier, but this time winning 5 on the trot.- A feat that would never be repeated, as footy died off after 2045, there being no young men to fill the gurnseys post the horrific conflict of 2039...

Damn you Donald Drumpf!

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:42 am

watt price tully wrote:
35forever wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Jayzuz! I musta come to the wrong website! 🤭

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:09 pm

35forever wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Well said! There’s more to this saga to come - as any aficionados of the classics knows there’s always the glory, the down-fall, the new hope, the rise, love found, love lost, heartache, faith like the little bird singing in the darkness before the dawn, redemption, success, glory....rinse, repeat etc

We will get a couple of gun FA recruits, we will get gun draftees, our kids will rise and shine....it undoubtedly will happen again for us...we’re the little bird right now....show some faith!

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:06 am

35forever wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Great post, but by marquee player I mean highest paid player locked in for next 7 seasons which would make it hard. But then I thought of how Steele and Pendles will be gone and that’s why a 26-27 y.o superstar midfielder is exactly what we need to guide the next generation.

How we also fit in a key forward will be the challenge for the new coach and hopefully new list manager
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:41 am

35forever wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
35forever wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Jayzuz! I musta come to the wrong website! 🤭

😂😉

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:15 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Things change quickly.

Demons were 9th last year and 17th the year before.
Now they're a flag fancy.

And in 2018 they were playing for a spot in grand final.
And if the f^ckers had cracked McGovern's ribs a little harder in that PF in Perth, they would have effectively handed us our 16th premiership.

In that time they have stock piled KPPS: May, Lever, Weidemen and B.Brown. Oh, and Langdon for a bit of run.

We have stock piled jack shit, and bar Daicos, are getting more jack shit.

Get ready for three years at the arse end of table that will make the Shaw years look like an over achievement; and the blood bath hasn't even begun.

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:47 pm

Is it Jack Shit, or Jack Schitt? I can't find anything on him...

Does he play CHF or FF and can he take a pack mark with the ball placed on his head rather than out in front and kick a set shot goal?
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:48 pm

6 pages off B.S
Petracca willl not & was never going to be a Pies player.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: