Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Giants. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching today's game, commenting as objectively as possible under the circumstances, we are just light years away from the necessary AFL standard. For 15 minutes in the 3rd quarter we played with an intensity and desire that : PA, Richmond, Swans and Essendon displayed for the entire game. Likewise, we have absolutely no depth. Tay gone, and there is no one to play as a big bodied inside mid. Unless our young recruits (Mccrae, Poulter, McInnes , Henry are ready. Somehow, I doubt that they are, given that everything we do seems so incompetent and inferior on every level. Other teams play young guys from last year's draft (Swans, Essendon) who do well, but we cannot manage to do likewise.
Only positive tonight was McCreery. I am gutted.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:15 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
Buckley kept JT and discarded LK.

hopeless..

Lol We all wanted LK to be traded and thought he was a dud. Now that he played in a winning team he’s a superstar? Let’s watch the replay for all the pushes and hands in the back he got away with on Cox.

Losing Adams and Sier £$%$ed us.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:18 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
lihei wrote:
There’s no excuse for tonight. This is the lowest point in Buckley’s low point decade.

No. It was all those years ago in that elimination final vs Port Adelaide - rewatch the last quarter.. everyone blames Shaw but really it was lost in the box - Buckley looks completely stunned, I had my doubts before but it was at this moment I knew he was completely out of his depth.. 2018 was a fluke, and it could have been a miracle flag.. but it wasn't and we're at where we're at because the club has been run by buffoons. We need to stop. We need a breath of fresh air, we need a buzz around the club, we need to move on and into the future with 'consensus' and a professional outlook - we need to let go of the Buckley fantasy.

He lost me a few months later at the end of season members’ forum. He tried to shoot me down in front of the crowd when I put it to him on the microphone that we have no more X-factor-type naturally skilled forwards who can turn a game on its head with sublime individual brilliance, bemoaning the loss of Didak, Leon, Keakouer, etc., and somewhat scoffed that Blair had become our lead up forward and Goldsack is nothing more than a scrapper inside F50. He basically laughed me off the microphone with a smart as F smirk and giggle trying to defend Blair and Goldsack as pillars of his amazing forward line. I wanted him gone then and there, and only the brief mild success of 2018 persuaded me otherwise. 18 months later and it was evident that 2018 was an abberation, most likely from the review and the assistants that were brought in. He wasn’t naturally talented, had to work his arse off to make it, and almost looks down upon those who have natural gifts on the football field, especially inside F50.

Time. To. Go.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:19 pm

I have said it for eons. Grundy is a dumb footballer.
Did anyone watch English this arvo? Leaps and bounds past what Grundy does on the field. Grundy is not a team player and he’s teammates show him zero respect due to his own actions.
Way to go Buckley✅ You have definitely shown your trademark personality in this case. Walk you dope.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

Mr Miyagi wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:

hopeless..

Lol We all wanted LK to be traded and thought he was a dud. Now that he played in a winning team he’s a superstar? Let’s watch the replay for all the pushes and hands in the back he got away with on Cox.

Losing Adams and Sier �$%$ed us.

I actually agree with this. I dont want to blame umpires, because that is not the reason we lost. But Keeffe was constantly holding Cox and interfering with him before the ball arrived.

Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

The problem with performances like this under FIGJAM is the number of spectators that will abandon the club and refuse to go to the games. We need a new coach. He is not going to take this club to a Premiership. Simply out of his depth. Who on earth gets 10 years, inheriting an amazing team and dismantling it over two seasons to then give us crap from 2014 onwards. Forget about 2018. An aberration.

10 years of mediocrity. Is this what people want?

Bring Hodge in as caretaker coach.

The players don’t play for FIGJAM. It’s that simple.

What'sinaname Libra

PyreneesPie wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Sensei Grundy wrote:
Players just weren’t following instructions from Buckley...

Don't think I could stomach watching the coach's press conference. Mad
Interesting though that WHE played better tonight, after many of us were aghast at his selection.
Was impressed with McCreery's showing. At least he played with a lot of heart and applied pressure, which most of the other forwards did not.
With JDG clearly getting beaten in the forward line, why was he not shifted onto the ball??

McCreery is everything that is wrong with our team. Our game is all about chaos and ferocious effort, but no one can sustain that for a full 120 minutes.

How can you say that when the kid wasn't even given a look in with delivery into the forward line????
Heart is the first necessary ingredient in a team IMHO, then so called "class". Preferably both eg Toby Greene.

My criticism is of the team and what we value. McCreery was great in his first game and I hope he has a long career.

My issue is that this team is built around winning through sheer work, rather than winning through skill. I fear we value F50 tackles more than goals. Our performance metrics are askew.

We need a better balance and have more players with skill.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:20 pm

This is a stale club in need of a fresh reset.

Need to start thinking long term and look beyond Buckley. That chapter is nearly over now.

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:22 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:

hopeless..

Losing Adams and Sier �$%$ed us.

I'm a Giants member also, I have seen Keefe playing well for the Giants for sometime now. He offers something the Giants needed. JT is useless.

p.s I am not going to explain why I am Giants member again to the peanut gallery either, look at my location.

princem007 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:23 pm

Wow so many expert coaches amongst our posters. You should go down to the club Monday and give them the game plan to work and help Buckley pack his bags. Lol
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:24 pm

"Just got nutted at the clearances...we'll reset and go again...some questions will be asked, and we'll expect to see a response, particularly from the senior players....it all starts in the centre...."

Expect this and more

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:24 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
lihei wrote:
There’s no excuse for tonight. This is the lowest point in Buckley’s low point decade.

No. It was all those years ago in that elimination final vs Port Adelaide - rewatch the last quarter.. everyone blames Shaw but really it was lost in the box - Buckley looks completely stunned, I had my doubts before but it was at this moment I knew he was completely out of his depth.. 2018 was a fluke, and it could have been a miracle flag.. but it wasn't and we're at where we're at because the club has been run by buffoons. We need to stop. We need a breath of fresh air, we need a buzz around the club, we need to move on and into the future with 'consensus' and a professional outlook - we need to let go of the Buckley fantasy.

He lost me a few months later at the end of season members’ forum. He tried to shoot me down in front of the crowd when I put it to him on the microphone that we have no more X-factor-type naturally skilled forwards who can turn a game on its head with sublime individual brilliance, bemoaning the loss of Didak, Leon, Keakouer, etc., and somewhat scoffed that Blair had become our lead up forward and Goldsack is nothing more than a scrapper inside F50. He basically laughed me off the microphone with a smart as F smirk and giggle trying to defend Blair and Goldsack as pillars of his amazing forward line. I wanted him gone then and there, and only the brief mild success of 2018 persuaded me otherwise. 18 months later and it was evident that 2018 was an abberation, most likely from the review and the assistants that were brought in. He wasn’t naturally talented, had to work his arse off to make it, and almost looks down upon those who have natural gifts on the football field, especially inside F50.

Time. To. Go.

I actually can't remember which year? im guessing maybe around 2015? it was the end of season something and he was being all smart how it was everyone's fault but his etc etc real snide stuff. Anyway that and his never ending stats when he started coaching (remember that, he'd just quote stats.. over and over).. anyway, great assistant... and not much more. Honestly since 2012 it's been like watching a train wreck. IT MUST END!!!

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:25 pm

Grundys only definable moment this year is breaking our best mids knee. This couldn't get any worse now. Wtf will the club do for the next 7 years? We r in all sorts.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:25 pm

princem007 wrote:
Wow so many expert coaches amongst our posters. You should go down to the club Monday and give them the game plan to work and help Buckley pack his bags. Lol

I would if I could. Heartbeat.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:26 pm

Jezza wrote:
This is a stale club in need of a fresh reset.

Need to start thinking long term and look beyond Buckley. That chapter is nearly over now.

As Jon English said, time to turn the page.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 4 of 20   

Jump to: