Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rebuild or reset ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I’d consider a move away from mid for Pendles if the replacement increased
centre clearances

It’s a bit what is more important—quality clearances to fwd line OR fwd line functioning better than it currently is

Other sides leach off Grundy so is it more grunt (Bruzz) or good decision delivery (Quaynor) Which if not advantaged by fwds then wasted move

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:06 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
It's clear to everyone that we don't have a team good enough to challenge for a flag this year. Especially after exiting 3 of our best players, this was always going to be a re-build year. So I hope this season sees us blood 4 or 5 more new players on top of Henry and McCreery who have already had a run. McCreery already looks a likely lad, because he is physically strong and plays with aggression. Henry has the skills, but is a tad light on physically imo, but he will be a beauty. If we can get close to a dozen senior games into a bunch of youngsters this year, then this season can be a productive one, regardless of wins/losses.

The players who should make way for our new brigade include Thomas, Mayne, Greenwood and Callum Brown (young but not good enough). To this list those on notice to lift their games or move aside should include Cox (needs greater consistency), Sier and WHE (very talented, but not committed enough).

Couldn’t agree more with you. Hopefully tomorrow night against West Coast is the first step in resetting the team with the longer term view in mind. MaCrae and Keane are good selections. Sier has to show more commitment and Cox is too unreliable. We need to get Henry back into the equation and Poulter isn’t too far from selection. Whatever happens tomorrow night don’t panic. Stay the path and look forward to players like McMahon and McInnes getting a run by season’s end.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:04 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
It's clear to everyone that we don't have a team good enough to challenge for a flag this year. Especially after exiting 3 of our best players, this was always going to be a re-build year. So I hope this season sees us blood 4 or 5 more new players on top of Henry and McCreery who have already had a run. McCreery already looks a likely lad, because he is physically strong and plays with aggression. Henry has the skills, but is a tad light on physically imo, but he will be a beauty. If we can get close to a dozen senior games into a bunch of youngsters this year, then this season can be a productive one, regardless of wins/losses.

The players who should make way for our new brigade include Thomas, Mayne, Greenwood and Callum Brown (young but not good enough). To this list those on notice to lift their games or move aside should include Cox (needs greater consistency), Sier and WHE (very talented, but not committed enough).

I assume you’re saying that Phillips and Stevo were two of our best players? How many players in this best list of yours? On last years efforts neither would be in the top 10.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:15 pm

dalyc wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I assume you’re saying that Phillips and Stevo were two of our best players? How many players in this best list of yours? On last years efforts neither would be in the top 10.

They were all in our best 22 last year.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:21 pm

We have an aging list (in fact I think the oldest) so if not 2021 for reset most certainly 2022

So whenever they can and at every opportunity groom a kid. That’s reset as I see it

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:30 pm

BazBoy wrote:
We have an aging list (in fact I think the oldest) so if not 2021 for reset most certainly 2022

So whenever they can and at every opportunity groom a kid. That’s reset as I see it

So whenever they can and at every opportunity groom a kid.
Said the Priest to the Boy Scout Leader. Very Happy
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:42 pm

Oops 😱
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:58 pm

Your phrasing is correct.
I just thought it funny that, in another context, it means something very different.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:12 pm

Ummm errr yes 🤪. Really see Sidey Pendles Roughie Levi Mayne Cox out of the equation in 3 to 4
By that stage Moore JDG Adams and a few be the 28 to 29 age group

Really must start thinking for future

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:43 pm

Patton might be a cheap pick up next year when he decides he wants to come back, just needs some empathy training

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
K 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:49 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
... just needs some empathy training

You reckon he could get that at our club? Shocked
Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:33 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Patton might be a cheap pick up next year when he decides he wants to come back, just needs some empathy training

I'd rather watch Israel Folau make a comeback with the pies than see Patton in the black n white

K 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:33 pm

Jezza wrote:
The more fundamental issues of the club goes beyond the playing list. We need to appoint a new president as soon as possible, overhaul the coaching personnel at seasons end and review the positions of our list management team who's recent work has been mediocre (i.e. Hine and Guy).

Does it really need to be asap? Question

I can't see it doing harm if it takes some time. What would the president do in the next few months?
K 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:34 pm

Big T wrote:
I'd rather watch Israel Folau make a comeback with the pies than see Patton in the black n white

Can Issy play key forward or ruck?
Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:45 pm

K wrote:
Big T wrote:

Can Issy play key forward or ruck?

He doesn't like defence, too much risk of getting stuck in the back pocket.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9   

Jump to: