Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dumped by Eagles. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Haff wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Would’ve won with Howe and JDG, that swung the game

Delusional. 2 tacks in the second qtr is all you need to know.

Yeah. Dunno if we would've won, but it would have at least been a better game.

Done by 27 after WCE took the foot off a little. We showed patches of good football, but not enough to win 4 quarters.

When Sheed kick those three in under 2 mins after we turned it over in front of goal... that was the end.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:57 pm

Jezza wrote:
Game had a little bit of everything. Demonstrated the best and worst traits of the team.

​First quarter looked good, and I think going forward Grundy needs to spend more time up forward. Clearly has a positive role to play there if utilised properly.

​Second and third quarter was abysmal especially once JDG and Howe went down. It demonstrated our lack of pressure and the mids were destroyed through the middle all too often. Our midfield is the weakest aspect of our team. Until we can properly address it, we won’t make serious strides.

​McCreery and Macrae are positives. Both have been good finds of last year’s draft. McCreery has a dash of speed and looks confident going for goal. Macrae mimics his brother which is a good sign.

​Big talking point will be whether Moore is suited as a forward or defender. I think once Howe went down, Moore should have been sent down back, because Keane wasn’t up to it against Darling.

​I’m going to avoid the Buckley talk. My view on him hasn’t changed after tonight.

All good points Jezza.
I know Darcy is not the bionic man, but if he'd only been sent back to help stem the run on, he could've returned to full forward after that. He was completely under used in the second quarter.
I hope Bucks gets asked about that in his presser, which I'm not going to watch.Smile

Last edited by PyreneesPie on Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:57 pm

Sadly with De Goey and Howe done by Half Time stopped us having any Chance of a Win.

Kids in Macrae and Mccreery looked very Promsing. Macrae looks like Class.

Moore Kicking 3 Goals where Good.

Our Midfield just not good Enough as keep losing. Showing our Lack of Depth in Midfield

Crisp was Disgusting Turned it over so much and created Eagles Goals from his Shockers

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:58 pm

Nothing loss for mine. Howe will be a loss but JDG will get back up. Moore must play back. Not enough for a nail in the coffin for Bucks.
Ok, I’ll assume this list and coach will go forward, the ONLY positives was a great first qtr from Grundy and when we had nothing to lose we moved the ball with some flair and played on which reminded me of 2018. Why the duck it took us to have the roll the dice and have a swing at winning to play positive footy is beyond me. I’m flat...

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

Went down to this disgusting meth induced club by 27 points against shit umpiring with 2 key players down and eventually 3. Proud of the effort. Counts for nothing I know but I rest a little easier with the defeat. Go Pies.

Last edited by Leggie on Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
doriswilgus 

burnsy17 wrote:
Only positive from this was McCrae. He looks good.

Actually 2 positives. McCreery looks like he’ll be handy as well.

Yes,McCreery has already shown more in two games than Brown has shown in 50 plus.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:59 pm

Leggie wrote:
Went down to this disgusting meth induced club by 27 points against shit umpiring with 2 key players down and eventually 3. Proud of the effort. Counts for nothing I now but I rest a little easier with the defeat. Go Pies.

Well said.

If Kelly just gets a fine, we know it’s rigged.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:59 pm

Jezza wrote:
Game had a little bit of everything. Demonstrated the best and worst traits of the team.

​First quarter looked good, and I think going forward Grundy needs to spend more time up forward. Clearly has a positive role to play there if utilised properly.

​Second and third quarter was abysmal especially once JDG and Howe went down. It demonstrated our lack of pressure and the mids were destroyed through the middle all too often. Our midfield is the weakest aspect of our team. Until we can properly address it, we won’t make serious strides.

​McCreery and Macrae are positives. Both have been good finds of last year’s draft. McCreery has a dash of speed and looks confident going for goal. Macrae mimics his brother which is a good sign.

​Big talking point will be whether Moore is suited as a forward or defender. I think once Howe went down, Moore should have been sent down back, because Keane wasn’t up to it against Darling.

​I’m going to avoid the Buckley talk. My view on him hasn’t changed after tonight.

100% Jezza summed it up perfectly.
Moore cant be a forward while our midfield lets the opposion mids run rampant. He could be either a forward or a defender, but in the present circumstances of our team, he will need to remain down back.
Loss of JDG was a devastating blow. It smashed the heart out of our midfield. But illustrates the complete lack of depth right now.
McCreery is a great young player.
And McRae showed great signs as well. Unfortunately, unlike the Swans etc, we dont have the midfield to properly scaffold these young players.
As you say, opinion on Bucks has not changed. He attempted what he had to attempt, but as usual was comatose during the game and unable to respond in real time to unfolding events.
L

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:00 am

I don’t know what to make of that effort.Outstanding in the first quarter,then wilted badly in the second and third quarters when the game was there to be won.Then they battled hard in the last quarter when they had no real chance of winning.Do you think we’re just going through the motions,or is it just a lack of talent?I don’t know.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:00 am

^ Yes, Doris!! Hope Checkers is okay.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:03 am

A bit unfortunate with the injuries but the underlying problems remain.. at least in some ways it was a little more positive tonight even though really we were never in it after 1/4 time.
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:03 am

Just heard Noble has been charged with high contact....looking at 4 weeks x 2!!!!
Manner of action intentional Degree of impact severe

Last edited by Said by Zed on Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:04 am

masoncox wrote:
Gee Bux
The zone defence worked really well.
Sliced and diced all night long and beliefs in the "messiah" is not going to cut it Piss off Bux.
You are not part of the future.
Gee and Cameron was a real upgrade on Cox....NOT!!!!!
Midfield thrashed again.
Grundy pretty poor in the second half.
Slow slow slow........ ball movement again and again and again!!!!!!!
FFS Bux fu...k off

Agree with the bucks talk. I want him gone.
Only thing was that the ball movement was actually good and positive when we had nothing to lose. Maybe Wet Toast took the foot off the accelerator or maybe we put played them but the only way bucks keeps his job for mine is to play that positive brand of footy. Not this sour and dour bs one!

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:05 am

doriswilgus wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:
Only positive from this was McCrae. He looks good.

Actually 2 positives. McCreery looks like he’ll be handy as well.

Yes,McCreery has already shown more in two games than Brown has shown in 50 plus.

Unfortunately, yes Doris.
A good reality check.
McCreery was fantastic i thought, despite the odds stacked against him.
McRae also looks a talent.
We just dont have the mids to scaffold his development at the moment, with Tay out. We need another hard body to go in with him.

But I loved his courage and ability to seek out good options.

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:06 am

Worst 32 possession game ever! Crisp butchered it in the main tonight...speaking of Mayne, what exactly do we get out of him that Murphy could not provide?

Last edited by Ronnie McKeowns boots on Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10   

Jump to: