Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dumped by Eagles. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Thomas and Brown both stood up and did well tonight – worth mentioning as everyone jumps on to point out when they’re ineffective. Otherwise, really demoralising game, and we just looked all at sea for much of the middle section of the match. Putting Moore up forward was a shockingly bad decision and it’s even more bewildering that he wasn’t moved back when it was clear it wasn’t working.

I really didnt think Brown stood up tonight. I will have tow watch the game again.
Decision to play Moore forward was not bad in itself. What was bad was the inability to respond when Allan and Darling started to run riot.
Loss of Howe was a dagger in the heart as well.
Main issue though is the lack of midfield power.
No quality inside mids to extract/contest the ball after quarter time.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:26 am

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Worst 32 possession game ever! Crisp butchered it in the main tonight...speaking of Mayne, what exactly do we get out of him that Murphy could not provide?

Yep I thought Crisp was awful.

Made some costly errors tonight.

selkevh 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:28 am

Did he just say De Goey will miss next week?
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:29 am

Yes because he has concussion - 12 day protocol
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:33 am

I thought Sidey started a mini-revival in the last quarter. What had he been doing for the previous two I wonder? Is he getting too old for a four quarter effort?
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:34 am

So three weeks ago we had a relatively healthy list....

Cue

GO

Elliott long term
Adams long term
Howe long term
JDG??

Why does this happen most years?

Last edited by slangman on Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:34 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
I thought Sidey started a mini-revival in the last quarter. What had he been doing for the previous two I wonder? Is he getting too old for a four quarter effort?

I think alternating Sidebottom between the midfield and forward line might be the way to go.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:43 am

Good thinking. So he is getting past being able to sustain his output in the middle across four quarters?
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:45 am

[quote="slangman"]So three weeks ago we had a relatively healthy list....

Cue

Elliott long term
Adams long term
Howe long term
JDG??

It is not just bad luck. Why does it hardly happen to Richmond? Because they play as a team wave. The whole team is in total synergy. I watched their game against St Kilda in bewilderment. St Kilda was terrible, but in large part because of Richmond's team inner co-ordination and dynamism. Because they apply pressure at every contest, not just one individual, but several, each individual is protected by the group. How they get to the contest as a swarm is the key. Well, one aspect is just leg speed. And that is where we are, sadly, bereft.
The main thing is midfield capacity. They just have so much talent and power to run through there.
Injuries to Tay and JDG simultaneously now are quite devastating.
I am worried about the next few games.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:50 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
It is not just bad luck. Why does it hardly happen to Richmond? Because they play as a team wave. The whole team is in total synergy. I watched their game against St Kilda in bewilderment. St Kilda was terrible, but in large part because of Richmond's team inner co-ordination and dynamism. Because they apply pressure at every contest, not just one individual, but several, each individual is protected by the group. How they get to the contest as a swarm is the key. Well, one aspect is just leg speed. And that is where we are, sadly, bereft.
The main thing is midfield capacity. ...

I believe it's the fitness and no injuries that let Richmond swarm and pressure, not the other way round. (It's not the swarm and pressure that make them injury-free.)
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:03 am

K wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

I believe it's the fitness and no injuries that let Richmond swarm and pressure, not the other way round. (It's not the swarm and pressure that make them injury-free.)

100% agree.

Imagine Martin getting a broken nose and concussion within the first 10 minutes of last years GF??

There is zero chance that the Tigers would have won.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:05 am

masoncox wrote:
Gee Bux
The zone defence worked really well.
Sliced and diced all night long and beliefs in the "messiah" is not going to cut it Piss off Bux.
You are not part of the future.
Gee and Cameron was a real upgrade on Cox....NOT!!!!!
Midfield thrashed again.
Grundy pretty poor in the second half.
Slow slow slow........ ball movement again and again and again!!!!!!!
FFS Bux fu...k off

Wish you would piss off and I’m a spare moment go fu.k yourself

Last edited by dalyc on Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:05 am

K wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Could it be both? A reciprocal relationship perhaps?
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:06 am

K wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

But you need to explain why they have no injuries!!
Sounds like a vicious circle!!
No doubt, their injury management is a cut above most others (and especially ours!!)
But I also think that the way they play mutually shield each other, It is all probabilities, but I think they minimise the probability of injury by team coordination.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:07 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
K wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Could it be both? A reciprocal relationship perhaps?

Nailed it. Dialetical thinking PP!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: